The Bachelor (season 15)
|The Bachelor (season 15)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||12 (including 2 specials)|
|Original release||January 3 –|
March 14, 2011
The fifteenth season of ABC reality television series The Bachelor. The season premiere aired on January 3, 2011. 38-year-old Brad Womack, who previously appeared as the Bachelor in season 11, where he rejected both of his final two women, returned as the Bachelor for this season. He courted 30 women, unlike the 25 in previous seasons. Womack became the first bachelor to appear on The Bachelor twice. The season concluded in which single mother Emily Maynard was named the winner and became Womack's fiancée. The couple ended their engagement on June 29, 2011.
Filming and development
Casting and contestants
Casting began during On the Wings of Love. Potential candidates for this season including Womack, as well as Ty Brown and Chris Lambton from (Ali's season) season six of The Bachelorette. Both Brown and Lambton turned down the offer, Womack was selected as the next Bachelor and was announced during the live show of season eleven of Dancing with the Stars.
Biographical information according to ABC official series site, plus footnoted additions.
|Emily Maynard||25||Morgantown, West Virginia||Children's Hospital Event Planner||Winner||1|
|Chantal O'Brien||28||Mercer Island, Washington||Executive Assistant||Runner-up||2|
|Ashley Hebert||26||Madawaska, Maine||Dental Student||Week 9||3|
|Shawntel Newton||25||Chico, California||Funeral Director||Week 8||4|
|Michelle Money||30||Salt Lake City, Utah||Hair stylist||Week 7||5|
|Britt Billmaier||32||Seattle, Washington||Bank Teller||6|
|Jacqueline "Jackie" Gordon||26||Newport, Rhode Island||Artist||Week 6||7|
|Allison "Alli" Travis||24||Columbus, Ohio||Apparel merchant||8|
|Lisa Morrisey||24||Ottawa, Kansas||Marketing Coordinator||Week 5||9–10|
|Marissa May||26||Mesa, Arizona||Sports Publicist|
|Ashley Spivey||26||Ellerbe, North Carolina||Nanny||11|
|Lindsay Hill||25||Plano, Texas||First grade teacher||Week 4||12–14|
|Meghan Merritt||30||Princeton, New Jersey||Fashion Marketer|
|Stacey Quirpel||26||Quincy, Massachusetts||Bartender|
|Kimberly Coon||27||Orlando, Florida||Marketing Coordinator||Week 3||15–16|
|Sarah Powell||27||Denver, Colorado||Real Estate Broker|
|Madison Garton||25||Vail, Colorado||Model||17 (quit)|
|Keltie Colleen||28||Sherwood Park, Alberta||Radio City Rockette||Week 2||18–20|
|Melissa Schreiber||32||Westport, Connecticut||Waitress|
|Raichel Goodyear||29||Fullerton, California||Manscaper|
|Britnee Marks||25||Holland, Pennsylvania||Paralegal||Week 1||21–30|
|Cristy Caserta||30||Davie, Florida||Attorney|
|Jessica "J" Adams||26||Seattle, Washington||Operations Manager|
|Jill Ruskowski||28||Frisco, Texas||Sales director|
|Lacey Garbelman||27||Tampa, Florida||Insurance agent|
|Lauren Moore||26||Culpeper, Virginia||High School Teacher|
|Lisa Pastrich||27||Dix Hills, New York||Sales Consultant|
|Rebecca||30||Mission Viejo, California||Esthetician|
|Renee Halpin||28||Palos Hills, Illinois||Nanny|
|Sarah Ledtke||25||Saginaw, Michigan||Musical Theatre Performer|
Alli Travis, Jackie Gordon, Melissa Schreiber and Michelle Money returned for the second season of Bachelor Pad. Travis was eliminated during week 1, Gordon during week 2, and Schreiber during week 4. Money and her partner, Graham Bunn, were eliminated during week 7, finishing as the runners-up.
Shawntel Newton returned for the sixteenth season of The Bachelor. She was eliminated the night that she arrived.
Bachelor in Paradise
|1||Chantal||Ashley S.||Ashley H.||Ashley S.||Chantal||Shawntel||Chantal||Ashley H.||Ashley H.||Chantal
|3||Alli||Kimberly||Jackie||Emily||Michelle||Ashley H.||Emily||Shawntel||Chantal||Ashley H.|
|4||Ashley S.||Madison||Emily||Michelle||Ashley S.||Michelle||Mallory||Chantal||Shawntel|
|6||Marissa||Raichel||Sarah P.||Lisa M.||Emily||Mallory||Michelle||Mallory|
|8||Ashley H.||Ashley H.||Kimberly||Ashley H.||Lisa M.||Chantal||Alli|
|11||Melissa||Lindsay||Ashley S.||Alli||Ashley H.||Ashley S.|
|13||Cristy||Sarah P.||Lisa M.||Meghan|
- The contestant received a first impression rose
- The contestant received a rose during the date
- The contestant received a rose after receiving advice from Ali and Roberto
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was eliminated during the date
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant was eliminated outside the rose ceremony
- The contestant won the competition
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|129||1||"Week 1: The Bachelorette Arrivals"||January 3, 2011||1501||9.04||2.9/7|
Brad returns to the Bachelor mansion to give his second chance for love and an unexpected visitors come in to see him (Jenni Croft and DeAnna Pappas) in which they discuss in personal opinions and give them a sincere apology during the season 11 final rose ceremony, thoroughly they've going to accept their faith.
There were no dates during the first week. Brad meets with not just the normal 25, but 30 new contestants, unlike his first Bachelor appearance. Memorable arrivals including Chantal O., a divorcee, slapped him, Ashley S. brings her own baggage, Alli and Renee present a game of tug-of-war, Madison, shows a set of fake fangs through her tooth, Emily becomes emotional and knows that she is a coal miner's daughter. It was J's birthday and Britnee was retrieved from the limo. Ashley S. received the first impression rose.At the rose ceremony, Michelle received the rose and Chantal O. got the last rose. Britnee, Christy, J, Jill, Lacey, Lauren, Lisa P., Rebecca, Renee and Sarah L. were sent home.
|130||2||"Week 2: Train Performs in Private Concert"||January 10, 2011||1502||8.46||2.8/7|
One-on-one date: Ashley H. They spent the night at a private carnival. They had a very deep conversation. Brad shared somethings with Ashley that he hasn't shared with anyone regarding his past and family. She got a rose from Brad.
Group date: Keltie, Chantal O., Madison, Melissa, Kimberly, Marissa, Raichel, Britt, Meghan, Emily, Shawntel N., Michelle, Lisa M., Stacey, and Alli. They filmed a variety of sketches to advertise PSA and donating blood. Michelle was upset that other girls were kissing Brad. At the after party, Raichel and Melissa argued. Michelle got the rose because it was her birthday.
One-on-one date: Jackie. They got massages and spa treatment. She picked out her own dress and got her make-up done. Train was there for a private concert. She got a rose.
Cocktail Party: All of the ladies. Ali and Roberto from The Bachelorette came and talked to Brad and the ladies. Brad decided to give the rose to Emily after the discussion with the then-engaged couple. Before Ali & Roberto showed up, Melissa and Raichel were arguing with each other.Rose Ceremony: Keltie, Melissa & Rachel were all sent home.
|131||3||"Week 3: Action Movie Date"||January 17, 2011||1503||8.80||2.7/7|
One-on-one date: Ashley S. They went to a famous recording studio and recorded them singing "Kiss from a Rose" by Seal. After, they witnessed the real Seal performing his song in the studio and had dinner on the rooftop of the building. She got a rose.
Group date: Lindsay, Shawntel N., Alli, Britt, Kimberly, Sarah P., Chantal O., Ashley H., Lisa M., Stacey, Marissa, and Michelle. They filmed a fake action movie with action director, Steven Ho where they rehearsed stunts and fight scenes called "Love Hurts". Shawntel N. excelled her flawless performance, Michelle ticks away to steal Brad from Chantal for their time and got kiss on Brad. In the end, Shawntel N. got the rose.
One-on-one date: Emily. Just before the start of the date, the ladies learned about she lost her fiancé in the plane crash, made her into tears. They flew to a vineyard where they picnicked and later had dinner in a barn opening about her past. She got a rose.
In Brad's Bachelor Pad, Jamie, his therapist comes in for a chat and mentions an opinion about Ashley S. and Emily that may able to open up which would make a better connection on them.
Cocktail Party: After gave an advice from Jamie, Brad takes Chantal O. to give an apologize not opening up from the previous group date, Michelle steals Brad for an attention that had a fight with other ladies, Madison talks to Brad about her mixed feelings and removes fangs seen with her image. Ashley H. doubts on Brad that shall may understand, when Brad goes back to her and give a kiss.Rose Ceremony: Before the start of the ceremony, Madison walks off and tells Brad to leave that commends her luck. Michelle gave the rose and Stacey got the last rose. Kimberly and Sarah P. were eliminated.
|132||4||"Week 4: Radio Show Date"||January 24, 2011||1504||9.28||2.9/8|
One-on-one date: Chantal O. They flew in a helicopter to Catalina Island and walked on the ocean floor and looked at sea life. After, they had dinner at a campfire on the beach and in a tent. She got a rose.
Group date: Ashley S., Stacey, Lindsay, Britt, Meghan, Alli, Lisa M., Ashley H., and Jackie. The girls and Brad went on the radio show Loveline with Mike and Dr. Drew and discussed their feelings for Brad. At the after party, many girls fought for Brad's attention. Brad was originally going to give the rose to Ashley H., but after hearing her make negative comments, he gave it to Britt instead.One-on-one date: Michelle. They flew in a helicopter and landed on a high building in downtown Los Angeles to rappel down the side to have dinner at a pool. She got a rose.
|133||5||"Week 5: Las Vegas Dates"||January 31, 2011||1505||9.66||3.2/8|
Before the start of the dates, Chris Harrison announces the ladies they will be heading to Las Vegas, Nevada to meet with Brad.
One-on-one date: Shawntel N. Brad and Shawntel N. went shopping during the day. During the night, both Shawntel N. and Brad went atop a roof to watch fireworks and have dinner. This is where Shawntel N. revealed her work as a funeral director.
Group date: Michelle, Alli, Britt, Chantal O., Lisa M., Marissa, Emily and Jackie. They went racecar driving. Emily had a particularly hard time with the date due to the association of racing with her deceased fiance, Ricky Hendrick. Ricky (the son of Rick Hendrick, the owner of the Hendrick Motorsports team) was a NASCAR driver who was killed, along with nine others in 2004 in a plane crash in Virginia. Emily received the rose on the group date.Two-on-one date: Ashley H. and Ashley S. Both ladies got an opportunity to watch and practice for a performance in the Viva Elvis show in Las Vegas. Both ladies had dinner with Brad. The leading man sent Ashley S. home for missing connections. Ashley H. and Brad performed in the show that night.
|134||6||"Week 6: Costa Rica"||February 7, 2011||1506||9.81||3.2/8|
The date is taking place to the majestic Costa Rica.
One-on-one date: Chantal O. They took another helicopter on a scenic ride, then ziplined through the jungle. It rained again before they got to eat dinner outside.
Group date: Michelle, Emily, Jackie, Shawntel N., Ashley H., and Britt. They rappelled down a waterfall. No one received the rose.One-on-one date: Ali. They went horseriding and explored a cave full of bats and giant spiders. They later enjoyed dinner floating in the middle of the hot springs; however they didn't have the most intimate conversation. In the end, she went home.
|135||7||"Week 7: Anguilla"||February 14, 2011||1507||9.32||2.9/8|
The date is taking place to the Caribbean island of Anguilla.
One-on-one date: Emily. They had a picnic on the beach and then had dinner.
One-on-one date: Shawntel N.. They went to a farmer's market.
Group date: Ashley H., Michelle, Chantal O. They did a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated. Ashley and Chantal have posed topless shots, Ashley praises on a photo shoot with seashells covering her breasts. Ashley receives the rose.
One-on-one date: Britt. They took a yacht to go cliff-diving. Britt was sent home.Note: The rose ceremony took place beachside at Le Bleu, and all five remaining contestants were barefoot. This was the first week where there was no cocktail party as Brad felt there was no reason to lead the women on if the conversations were not going to change his mind on whom to send home, which ended up being Michelle.
|136||8||"Week 8: Brad's Hometown Dates"||February 21, 2011||1508||10.41||3.4/9|
Chantal O.: Chantal O's hometown date took place in Seattle, and gave a visit for Brad on touring the entire city. Then, Brad meets her parents and sees a beautiful sculpture inside her wealthy home. Chantal O's father has solemnly on approval with Brad and gets ready for falling in love with her.
Ashley H.: Ashley H's hometown date started in her hometown of Madawaska, Maine where she grew up. Ashley invited Brad on her old workplace in a restaurant where she used to work as part-time and ordered fries with cheese and gravy. Afterwards, they take pictures on Canada–United States border signboard and it would be receive as a souvenir. Then, Brad meets Ashley's family including her sister which Brad is more likely as a friend.
Shawntel N.: Shawntel N's hometown date started in Chico, California and gave a tour of the family's funeral home. Brad is look tense on the mausoleum, plus a crematorium with an auto-shut door, crypt room and an embalming room. He meets Shawntel's parents and her younger sisters. While on the discussion for a succession in the family's funeral home, Shawntel's dad is anxious on not giving up the funeral home business and wishes to marry Brad for move to Austin.
Emily: Emily's hometown date started in Charlotte, North Carolina and is meeting with her daughter Ricki at the park. Brad is excited to meet Ricki for the first time, but she made herself very shy. Brad receives a present a kite for Ricki and uses it for flying. Emily and Ricki took Brad in her house and shows Ricki's dolls and beauty collection in her bedroom gave Brad for a tour. Emily takes Ricki for a night sleep and saying goodbye to Brad.Rose Ceremony: The ceremony took place in a hotel in New York City. Ashley H. got the first rose followed by Emily, leaving Chantal O. and Shawntel N. at the bottom two. In the end, Brad handed Chantal O. the last rose, eliminating Shawntel N. In the end, Brad announced the final three ladies to South Africa.
|137||9||"Week 9: South Africa"||February 28, 2011||1509||11.33||3.5/9|
Brad and the ladies take them into a sunny Mpumalanga in South Africa.
Chantal O. and Brad's date take up for a safari adventure with a bunch of sleeping lions, herding elephants and hippos, plus a hangout on a picnic. Then, she tells Brad that would be going to propose and accepts an invitation to a fantasy suite.
Brad and Emily come down atop of a dirt road to kick their day, telling about Emily's daughter and wants to be a perfect match for him that would plan to start as a family. Later, they decide to have a fantasy suite willing that they have been falling in love together.
Ashley H. and Brad ride over a helicopter into a trip to the exotic lands with an overview of Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve and landed through the top of God's Window at Drakensberg mountains and had to meet with locals. They have a bizarre and painful conversation about Ashley's personal life, where she admitted her ex-boyfriend completed suicide.At the Rose Ceremony, Brad watches the ladies' videos in the TV screen made a bit passion and decides one of them would be going home. He had to take Ashley H. for a moment which was a very shocked and has to leave home. Emily and Chantal O. were safe.
|138||10||"Brad's Women Tell All"||March 7, 2011||N/A||10.02||3.1/9|
|139||11||"Week 10: South Africa Season Finale"||March 14, 2011||1510||13.86||4.5/13|
|Brad has one rose left, to give to either Emily or Chantal O. after they meet his family. Brad and Chantal O. swim in shark-infested waters, while Emily's final date is a helicopter tour of Cape Town that includes stunning views of the Cape of Good Hope. Then comes Brad's decision: he chooses Emily over Chantal O. in the finale, leaving Chantal O. hurt emotionally.|
|140||12||"Brad's After The Final Rose"||March 14, 2011||N/A||13.96||4.7/13|
|This special episode aired right after the finale. Emily does not wear a ring during most of the show, as it was being re-sized. Brad gives her the re-sized ring at the end of the show. Meanwhile, Ashley H. was announced as the next bachelorette. However, Brad and Emily would decide to quit their relationship in June 2011.|
- Rizzo, Monica (September 27, 2010). "Brad Womack Returning to The Bachelor". People. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 4, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Insider: Brad Womack to Be the Next Bachelor!". Us Weekly. September 22, 2010. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 4, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "ABC Medianet: Season 15 Press Release". ABC. December 20, 2010. Archived from the original on January 8, 2011. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- "The Bachelorette Announcement: Brad Womack's bachelorettes have been announced!". ABC.com. Archived from the original on December 19, 2010. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Bromberg, Nick (December 17, 2010). "Ricky Hendrick's former fiancee to appear on The Bachelor". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on March 22, 2014. Retrieved January 18, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Pratt, Suzi (December 16, 2010). "Three Local Women Competing on The Bachelor--Including the Rumored Favorite". Seattlest.com. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Bayly, Julia (December 16, 2010). "Madawaska dental student to be featured on 'The Bachelor'". Bangor Daily News. Bangor, Maine. Archived from the original on August 15, 2015. Retrieved March 4, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Saam, Kelli (December 15, 2010). "Chico Woman Looks For Love On The Bachelor". Chico, California: KRCR-TV. Archived from the original on December 9, 2010. Retrieved January 17, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Hiltes, Eric (February 10, 2011). "'The Bachelor' bachelorette Jackie Gordon: "I was shocked to go then"". Reality TV World. Archived from the original on August 14, 2014. Retrieved August 3, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Carbone, Gina (May 25, 2011). "Bachelor Season 15 Contestant Alli Travis Wanted Craig R. As Bachelor Instead of Brad Womack". Wetpaint. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved June 11, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|dead-url=(help); Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Henning, Sarah (January 4, 2011). "Former KU track athlete, Ottawa native, gets her first rose on ABC's "The Bachelor"". Lawrence Journal-World. Archived from the original on June 5, 2012. Retrieved January 18, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Gowan, Juan (February 4, 2011). "Exclusive: Marissa May talks about her 'The Bachelor' experience". Reality TV world. Archived from the original on August 20, 2014. Retrieved June 20, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Ashley Spivey: "I Was More in Love With Ashley H. Than Brad"". Wetpaint. February 3, 2011. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved June 11, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Vognar, Dawn (December 16, 2010). "People: Texan Brad Womack back on 'Bachelor'; disturbance at Hulk Hogan's wedding; Charlie Sheen cleared in New York meltdown". The Dallas Morning News. Archived from the original on December 19, 2010. Retrieved January 18, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Farkas, Dan (February 5, 2011). "The new Miss Sprint Cup was on this latest season of "The Bachelor."". Nascanner Auto Racing Frequency Pit Stop. Archived from the original on March 8, 2016. Retrieved June 20, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Roberts, Michael (January 14, 2011). "Sarah Powell: Meet The Bachelor's other CO contestant, sans Madison McKinley's fangs". Westword. Archived from the original on May 11, 2016. Retrieved December 16, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Wire, Samptum (January 18, 2011). "Madison Garton Says Good Bye To 'The Bachelor'". Thaindian News. Archived from the original on June 2, 2016. Retrieved January 17, 2016. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- KeltieColleenDance.com Archived 2010-12-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Kwiatkowski, Elizabeth (January 13, 2011). "'The Bachelor's Melissa Schreiber still confused about her feud". Reality TV World. Archived from the original on August 14, 2014. Retrieved August 3, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "From the Desk of a Bachelor Beauty". TV Democracy. May 17, 2012. Archived from the original on June 20, 2014. Retrieved June 20, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Belcher, Walt (December 16, 2010). "Tampa woman looking for love on 'The Bachelor'". Tampa Bay Online. Archived from the original on October 8, 2012. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Simmons, Rhonda (December 23, 2010). "CCHS grad competing on 'The Bachelor'". Culpeper Star-Exponent. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Dresden, Eric (January 3, 2011). "Saginaw resident doesn't make it past the first round of 'The Bachelor'". Grand Rapids, Michigan: Booth Newspapers. Archived from the original on January 18, 2015. Retrieved January 18, 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Episode List: The Bachelor". TV Tango. Archived from the original on July 27, 2019. Retrieved July 27, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "SpotVault – The Bachelor (ABC) – Winter 2011". SpottedRatings.com. Archived from the original on July 27, 2019. Retrieved July 27, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Rizzo, Monica (June 29, 2011). "The Bachelor's Emily Maynard and Brad Womack Split". People. Archived from the original on October 29, 2012. Retrieved January 20, 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter