|urban areas in Greater Toronto Area|
Number of employees
AutoShare offered its members full size Chevy Express Cargo Vans, the Toyota Prius family of hybrids, and alternative fuel vehicles - including the 100% Electric Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt,and Mitsubishi i-MiEV- buying electricity from renewable-energy provider Bullfrog Power. The Toronto Parking Authority is a partner in helping locate cars near transit, in city parking lots.
AutoShare was founded by Kevin McLaughlin, who continues the automotive innovation and tradition of Sam McLaughlin and Earle McLaughlin. McLaughlin's great-great grandfather William McLaughlin was Sam McLaughlin's uncle.
- Zipcar - American carsharing firm with Toronto operations
- Modo The Car Co-op - Vancouver carsharing co-operative of which Kevin McLaughlin was also a founder
- Car2Go - German-based firm with Toronto operations
- Communauto - Quebec carsharing firm, operating in Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, and Gatineau
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car buys Toronto-based AutoShare network
- Bill McLaughlin
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AutoShare.|