BMW 2 Series (F22)
|BMW 2 Series
|Designer||Christopher Weil (2011)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Entry-level luxury car|
|Body style||2-door coupé
|Related||BMW 1 Series (F20)|
|Wheelbase||2,690 mm (105.9 in)|
|Length||4,432 mm (174.5 in)|
|Width||1,774 mm (69.8 in)|
|Height||1,418 mm (55.8 in)|
|Predecessor||BMW 1 Series (E82) (coupé)
BMW 1 Series Coupé (E88) (convertible)
The BMW 2 Series Coupé and Cabrio are luxury compact coupés and convertibles produced by German manufacturer BMW since 2013; they are part of the 2 Series lineup. Although it is the successor of the 1 Series Coupé, it is continuing the BMW 02 Coupés as a successor in that segment.
The name, 2 Series, is based on BMW's rationalization of its model designations reserving odd numbers for four door sedans, and even numbers for two door coupés and coupé like cars. At launch, there are the basic models 218d, 220d, 220i, 225d, 228i, and the M235i internationally. From 2016, the range topping M2 became available, as a coupé only.
Early models include the 220i, M235i (326PS), and 220d (184PS). The 218d (143PS) and 225d (218PS) were added in March 2014. 228i (245PS), M235i xDrive (326PS) were added in the end of 2014. On October 13, 2015, the BMW M2 was officially unveiled.
Powered by a twin scroll 3.0 litre straight six, the M2 boasts 272 kW (365 hp) at 6500rpm through to a 7000rpm redline. Torque is listed at 465Nm between 1400-5560rpm, while an overboost function can increase torque to 500Nm between 1450-4750rpm.
BMW 228i Coupé Track Handling Package
The 2015 BMW 228i Coupé Track Handling Package, which includes Adaptive M Suspension with 10mm lower height, Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on unique 18 inch light alloy wheels, BMW Variable Sport Steering with mechanical steering rack, and M Sport Brakes (fixed four piston front calipers, two piston rear calipers, 13.4/13. 6 inch front/rear brake discs, dark blue calipers with M logo).
It was set to be available in July 2014, for both six speed manual and eight speed Sport Automatic transmission equipped BMW 228i Coupé models. The 2015 BMW 228i, with Track Handling Package, was unveiled in 2014 New York International Auto Show.
BMW M235i Racing
The M235i Racing is a racetrack version of the 2 Series developed by the [BMW Motorsport] division. It is used at the BMW M235i Racing Cup, a one make cup within the VLN (Nürburgring Endurance Championship), and is sold to customer teams in other championships.
Its 3.0L straight six engine develops a maximum output of 333 hp (245 kW). As a track car aimed at amateur drivers, the car features driver aids, such as anti lock brakes, traction control and dynamic stability control.
BMW M2 Coupé (F87)
In October 2015, BMW revealed the new flagship 2 Series, the M2. It is an indirect successor to the 1 Series M Coupé. The M2 Coupé began production in the end of 2015, and went on sale in the United Kingdom in April 2016. The car is powered by the BMW N55 engine, tuned for 370 PS (272 kW; 365 bhp).
With the six speed manual gearbox, the M2 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.5 seconds, or 4.3 seconds if equipped with the 7-speed DCT automatic. The top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (155 mph), but the limiter can be raised to 270 km/h (168 mph) as an option. Although a convertible M2 is rumored for production, only a coupé variant has been confirmed.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
|218i (136PS)||2015–||1,499 cc (91.5 cu in) I3 twin scroll turbo (B38A15M0)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 hp)@4500–6000, 220 N·m (162 lb·ft)@1250–4500|
|220i (184PS)||2014–||1,997 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (N20B20U0)||184 PS (135 kW; 181 hp)@5000–6250, 270 N·m (199 lb·ft)@1250–4500|
|228i (243PS)||2014–||1,997 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (N20B20)||243 PS (179 kW; 240 hp)@5000–6500, 346 N·m (255 lb·ft)@1250–4800|
|228i (245PS)||2014–||1,997 cc (121.9 cu in) I4 twin scroll turbo (N20B20U0)||245 PS (180 kW; 242 hp)@5000–6500, 350 N·m (258 lb·ft)@1250–4800|
|M235i (324PS)||2014–||2,979 cc (181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30)||324 PS (238 kW; 320 hp)@5800–6000, 447 N·m (330 lb·ft)@1300–4500|
|M235i (326PS)||2014–2016||2,979 cc (181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30O0)||326 PS (240 kW; 322 hp)@5800–6000, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1300–4500|
|M235i xDrive (326PS)||2014–2016||2,979 cc (181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30O0)||326 PS (240 kW; 322 hp)@5800–6000, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1300–4500|
|M240i (340PS)||2017–||2,998 cc (182.9 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (B58B30O0)||340 PS (250 kW; 335 hp)@5500, 500 N·m (369 lb·ft)@1520–4500|
|M240i xDrive (340PS)||2017–||2,998 cc (182.9 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (B58B30O0)||340 PS (250 kW; 335 hp)@5500, 500 N·m (369 lb·ft)@1520–4500|
|M2 (370PS)||2016–||2,979 cc (181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30T0)||370 PS (272 kW; 365 hp)@6500, 500 N·m (369 lb·ft)@1450–4750|
|218d (150PS)||2014–||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 turbo (B47D20)||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)@4000, 330 N·m (243 lb·ft)@1750–2250|
|220d (184PS)||2014–||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20O1)||184 PS (135 kW; 181 hp)@4000, 380 N·m (280 lb·ft)@1750–2750|
|220d (190PS)||2014–||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 turbo (B47D20)||190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp)@4000, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@1750–2500|
|225d (218PS)||2014–||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 turbo (N47D20T1)||218 PS (160 kW; 215 hp)@4400, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1500–2500|
As part of BMW i Brand Campaign in the United States, a BMW 2 Series television advert titled 'Torch' was premiered leading up to and during NBC's broadcast of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- "BMW 2 Series Coupe Design process, Christopher Weil, Exterior Designer (10/2013)". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW 2 Series Coupé: Technical data". BMW. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "BMW 2 Series Convertible: Technical data". BMW. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- Shah, Hafriz. "BMW 2 Series Coupe and M235i unveiled in full". Paul Tan. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW at the 2014 NAIAS Detroit". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW at the 13th Beijing International Automotive Exhibition 2014". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "A new dimension in dynamics. The BMW 2 Series Coupe". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07. line feed character in
|title=at position 30 (help)
- "BMW model upgrade measures from the spring of 2014". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW model upgrade measures from the summer of 2014". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW M2 Coupe officially unveiled – 370 hp, 465 Nm". paultan.org. 2015-10-13. Retrieved 2015-10-13.
- BMW at the 2014 NAIAS Detroit.
- The All-New BMW 2 Series Coupe.
- "The BMW 228i Coupe with Track Handling Package". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2014-04-14. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW M2 Model Overview - BMW North America". Bmwusa.com. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) 2016 in Detroit". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "Specifications BMW 2 Series Coupe, 03/2014". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "Specifications BMW 2 Series Coupe M235i xDrive, 228i, valid from 07/2014". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "The new BMW 2 Series Coupé press pack". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- BMW Debuts BMW i Brand Campaign During NBC’s Broadcast of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- "BMW M2 Coupé premieres in Need for Speed this November. Virtual M feeling ahead of market launch". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "“Eyes on Gigi”. BMW presents interactive campaign for new BMW M2 Coupé. One-shot film directed by Marc Forster featuring spectacular vehicle choreography with supermodel Gigi Hadid". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2015-12-31. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BMW F22.|
|Compact||1 Series||E81 / E87||F20 / F21|
|E82 / E88|
|2 Series||F22 / F23|
|F45 / F46|
|3 Series Compact||E36/5||E46/5|
|Compact executive||3 Series||E21||E30||E36||E46||E90 / E91 / E92 / E93||F30 / F31 / F35|
|4 Series||F32 / F33|
|Executive||5 Series||E12||E28||E34||E39||E60 / E61||F10 / F11||G30|
|Luxury||6 Series||E24||E63 / E64||F12 / F13|
|7 Series||E23||E32||E38||E65 / E66 / E67 / E68||F01 / F02 / F03 / F04||G11 / G12|
|Roadster||Z Series||E30 (Z1)||E36/7 & E36/8 (Z3)||E85 / E86 (Z4)||E89 (Z4)|
|M||1 Series M||E82 M|
|M3||E30 M3||E36 M3||E46 M3||E90/92/93 M3||F80|
|M4||F82 / F83|
|M5||E28 M5||E34 M5||E39 M5||E60/61 M5||F10 M5|
|M6||E24 M635CSi/M6||E63/64 M6||F06/12/13 M6|
|M Roadster||E36/7 (Z3) M||E85 (Z4) M|
|M Coupé||E36/8 M Coupé||E86 M Coupé|
|Sports car||E26 (M1)||E52 (Z8)|
|X6||E71 / E72||F16|