|BPP University College of Professional Studies (2010)|
BPP College of Professional Studies (2005)
BPP Law School (1992)
|Motto||University for the Professions|
|Chancellor||Lord Chris Holmes|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Tim Stewart|
BPP University is a private university specialising in law, business, finance, accountancy, banking, technology, chiropractic, dentistry, nursing, psychology and healthcare. BPP University has sites in several UK city centre locations, particularly in London. Since 2009 it has been owned and run by BPP Holdings, part of the US-based for-profit education company Apollo Group.
The university is a UK degree-awarding body with four schools: BPP University School of Business and Technology, BPP University Law School, BPP University School of Health and BPP University School of Nursing . The university was awarded the 2010 Education Investor award for "Post-16 Education Provider of the Year" and Education Investor magazine's "Higher/Professional Education Provider of the Year 2013" award in November.
Organisation and administration
BPP University is one of nine private degree awarding bodies in the UK. It receives direct funding from tuition fees at the level of its choice. In 2011, BPP set its fees for 2012 undergraduate courses at £5,000.
The university offers degree programmes in law, business (management, marketing, human resources, entrepreneurship, leadership) accounting, finance, psychology and health studies. In 2011, it had 6,780 students taking courses in its Business School, Law School, School of Health and School of Foundation & English Language Studies. A further 30,000 took accountancy qualifications with BPP's professional training organisation BPP Professional Education. The university also manages and operates McTimoney College of Chiropractic and through that partnership offers four-year master's degrees in Chiropractic.
"Pathway programmes" are non-degree programmes.
The university also provides a number of Professional Education courses, leading to exams taken with professional bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Marketering (CIM).
- "Private university expands into health sector". BBC News. 4 July 2012.
- "About BPP University". Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Sean Coughlan (25 July 2010). "First private university in decades to be created". BBC News. Archived from the original on 20 May 2011. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Private university's £5,000 tuition fees". BBC News. 6 September 2011.
- Melanie Newman, "For-profit college to offer two-year law degree," 17 January 2008, The Times Higher Education, found at The Times Higher Education website. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "Undergraduate Programmes". Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Foundation Degrees & Certificates – BPP University". Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Postgraduate Marketing Programmes – BPP University". Retrieved 16 July 2015.