Bagan Datuk District
|Bagan Datuk District|
|District of Malaysia|
|Daerah Bagan Datuk|
|• Tamil||பாகான் டத்தோ|
Location of Bagan Datuk District in Perak
|Local area government(s)||Bagan Datuk Municipal Council|
|• District officer||Hamzah Hussin|
|• Total||951.52 km2 (367.38 sq mi)|
|• Estimate (2015)||71,300|
|• Density||74/km2 (190/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Vehicle registration plates||A|
The Bagan Datuk District (Malay: Daerah Bagan Datuk) is the most southwest district in Perak, Malaysia. It covers an area of 951 square kilometres, and had a population about of 70,300. The district is bordered by Perak River which separates Manjung and Central Perak in the north, Bernam River which separates Sabak Bernam in the state of Selangor in the south, Muallim and Hilir Perak in the northeast. The capital of this district is Bagan Datuk town. Other localities that are situated in the district include Hutan Melintang, Rungkup and planned city “Bagan Datuk Water City (BDWC)”. Bagan Datuk is well known for the largest source of coconuts in Perak.
Bagan Datuk was founded initially at a different site at Batu 11/2 at Kampung Pasang Api. The current area where Bagan Datuk lies was previously referred to as Sungai Keling.
In January 2016, Bagan Datoh was declared an autonomous sub-district (daerah kecil) of Perak after the approval from Sultan of Perak, Menteri Besar of Perak and the state secretary. On 15 June 2016, Bagan Datoh was upgraded into a full district, detaching it from Hilir Perak (Teluk Intan). Teluk Intan however retains responsibility for the municipal works in the new district. In August 2016, Sembilan Island was incorporated to Bagan Datoh District from Manjung District.
On 29 December 2016, it was announced that Bagan Datoh will be renamed to Bagan Datuk starting 9 January 2017.
Federal Parliament and State Assembly Seats
List of Bagan Datuk district representatives in the Federal Parliament (Dewan Rakyat)
|Parliament||Seat Name||Member of Parliament||Party|
|P73||Pasir Salak||Tajuddin Abdul Rahman||Barisan National (UMNO)|
|P75||Bagan Datok||Ahmad Zahid Hamidi||Barisan National (UMNO)|
|P76||Telok Intan||Nga Kor Ming||Democratic Action Party (DAP)|
List of Bagan Datuk district representatives in the State Legislative Assembly of Perak
|Parliament||State||Seat Name||State Assemblyman||Party|
|P73||N49||Kampong Gajah||Wan Norashikin binti Wan Noordin||Barisan National (UMNO)|
|P75||N53||Rungkup||Shahrul Zaman Yahya||Barisan National (UMNO)|
|P75||N54||Hutan Melintang||Khairuddin bin Tarmizi||Barisan National (UMNO)|
|P76||N56||Changkat Jong||Mohd Azhar Jamaluddin||Barisan National (UMNO)|
- "Bagan Datuk Municipal Council is now in operation - Sinar Harian". www.sinarharian.com.my.
- "Bagan Datoh to be known as Bagan Datuk - Nation - The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my.
- "Rancangan Struktur Negeri Perak 2040" (PDF).
- "【今日霹靂頭條】峇眼拿督陞格為縣（第一篇） 盼發展計劃帶動經濟 峇眼拿督百年老鎮地價翻2倍". China Press.
- "Rancangan Struktur Negeri Perak 2040" (PDF). p. 316.
- "Bagan Datoh Water City dibangunkan".
- Said, Saifullah Ahmad & Mohamad Hafizi Mohd. "Bagan Datuk mengorak langkah". Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Bagan Datoh officially declared a sub-district - Nation - The Star Online".
- "PM: Bagan Datoh is now a district - Nation - The Star Online".
- SAID, MOHAMAD HAFIZI MOHD. "Pulau Sembilan kini bawah Bagan Datoh".
- "Bagan Datoh will be spelt Bagan Datuk from Jan 9 - Nation - The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my.
- "Bagan Datoh daerah ke-12 Perak".
|This article about a location in the State of Perak is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|