Kuala Selangor District
Kuala Selangor District
|Daerah Kuala Selangor|
|• Jawi||کوالا سلاڠور|
|• Tamil||கோலா சிலாங்கூர்|
Location of Kuala Selangor District in Selangor
|Local area government(s)||Kuala Selangor District Council|
|• District officer||Shamsul Shahril Badliza Noor|
|• Sultan's Representative||Yaacob Ismail|
|• Total||1,194.52 km2 (461.21 sq mi)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Vehicle registration plates||B|
The Kuala Selangor District is a district in Selangor, Malaysia. It has a total landmass of 1,194.52 square kilometres (461 sq mi) separated by Selangor River into two division, Tanjung Karang and Kuala Selangor. The district boundary is shared with Sabak Bernam at the north, Hulu Selangor and Gombak at the west, Petaling at the southwest and Klang at the south.
The geography of Kuala Selangor is characterised by a flat land in Tanjung Karang and Jeram. Bordered in Kapar in South and some hills at Southeast. The district's name was from a town that named when Selangor River meets the sea.
Federal Parliament and State Assembly Seats
- List of Kuala Selangor district representatives in the Federal Parliament (Dewan Rakyat)
|Parliament||Seat Name||Member of Parliament||Party|
|P95||Tanjong Karang||Tan Sri Noh Bin Haji Omar||Barisan Nasional (BN)|
|P96||Kuala Selangor||Dr Hj Dzulkefly Ahmad||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P107||Sungai Buloh||Sivarasa K. Rasiah||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
- List of Kuala Selangor district representatives in the State Legislative Assembly (Dewan Undangan Negeri)
|Parliament||State||Seat Name||State Assemblyman||Party|
|P95||N8||Sungai Burong||Dato' Hj. Mohd Shamsudin||Barisan Nasional (BN)|
|P95||N9||Permatang||Rozana Zainal Abidin||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P96||N10||Bukit Melawati||Juwairiya Zulkifli||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P96||N11||Ijok||Idris Bin Ahmad||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P96||N12||Jeram||Mohd Shaid Bin Rosli||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P107||N38||Paya Jaras||Mohd Khairuddin Othman||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
Currently there is an expressway named Kuala Lumpur–Kuala Selangor Expressway E25 (LATAR) linked Ijok, Kuala Selangor and Templer Park, Rawang. It is also connected with Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE) to Shah Alam and North–South Expressway Central Link to northern Peninsular Malaysia. Another expressway which is under construction named West Coast Expressway (WCE) in Tanjung Karang only have small amount of them which only provided in the township of Tanjung Karang and some sub-roads in some villages. The town is usually accessed via Klang–Teluk Intan Road FT5 (coastal route), Kuala Selangor–Kepong Road FT54 (to Kuala Lumpur) and Kuala Selangor–Bestari Jaya Road B33 (to Bestari Jaya & Rawang).
- 100 (Kuala Selangor to Kuala Lumpur via Ijok)
- 105 (Kuala Selangor to Bestari Jaya)
- 107 (Bestari Jaya to Kuala Lumpur via Ijok)
- 740 (Kuala Selangor to Klang)
- 753 (Shah Alam to UiTM Puncak Alam via Klang)
- T715 (UiTM Puncak Alam to Puncak Alam)
Two free bus services provided by MDKS (Kuala Selangor District Council) are available:
- KS01 (Kuala Selangor to Sekinchan via Tanjong Karang)
- KS02 (Puncak Alam to Sungai Buloh railway station)
Taxi services and Grab Car also available in the district.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kuala Selangor.|
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Kuala Selangor Senarai Pegawai PDTKS". www2.selangor.gov.my.
- "Portal Rasmi PDT Kuala Selangor Orang Besar Daerah". www2.selangor.gov.my.
- "JPS Komuniti Kuala Selangor" (PDF).
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.