Bovina Independent School District
|Bovina Independent School District|
|500 Halsell St.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||49.28 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||10.45 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|Colors||Maroon and White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $70,499,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.102 and the bond tax rate was $0.000 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. 49% of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district operated three campuses.
- Bovina High (grades 9-12)
- Bovina Middle (grades 6-8)
- Bovina Elementary (grades PK-5)
Bovina High School participates in the boys' sports of basketball, cross country, golf, track and football and the girls' sports of cross country, basketball, track and golf. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Bovina High School played football in UIL Class 1A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bovina ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Bovina High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|