Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips Consolidated Independent School District
The district was created
"In 1987 three great schools and communities, Plemons, Stinnett and Phillips joined forces to create the Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips Consolidated independent School District. Three mascots, the Plemons Indians, Stinnett Rattlers and the Phillips Blackhawks were blended together to create the Comanches. The campuses of the district, West Texas Elementary School, West Texas Middle School and West Texas High School are all united as Comanches." 
Awards and Recognition
- 2016-2017 - Superior rating by FIRST.
- FIRST - The state's school financial accountability rating system, known as the School Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas (FIRST), ensures that Texas public schools are held accountable for the quality of their financial management practices and that they improve those practices. The system is designed to encourage Texas public schools to better manage their financial resources to provide the maximum allocation possible for direct instructional purposes.
- 2004 - National Blue Ribbon School 
- 2009 - "Recognized" by the Texas Education Agency.
- West Texas High School (Grades 9-12)
- West Texas Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- West Texas Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
- Microsoft Word - list-2003.doc
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.