Canyon Independent School District
Canyon Independent School District is a school district that serves the Canyon and Amarillo area in Randall County of the Texas Panhandle. The district covers a large area, which encompasses 732 square miles. The north end of the district has nine campuses in south Amarillo that offer immediate access to city amenities. The city of Canyon offers a small-town atmosphere and has five campuses, and one campus located between the two cities.
Canyon ISD is known for its commitment to children and education. Within district attendance boundaries, new homes and new neighborhoods abound. Many new families move into the Canyon ISD attendance area because of the reputation of the schools. The school district is a learning community, providing opportunities for all students and staff to reach their learning potentials.
The district is experiencing a high growth rate as it approaches nearly 10,000 students as of August 2018.
In 2018, the district was recognized for innovation as a Google Reference District. This was due in part to the unique student-driven iConnect program and Chromebook initiative.
- Canyon High School
- Randall High School
- Midway Alternative High School
- Youth Center of the High Plains
Junior high & intermediate schools
- Canyon Junior High School
- Canyon Intermediate School
- Westover Park Junior High School - Amarillo
- Greenways Intermediate School - Amarillo
- Pinnacle Intermediate School - Amarillo
- Crestview Elementary School
- Reeves-Hinger Elementary School
- Arden Road Elementary School - Amarillo
- Gene Howe Elementary School - Amarillo
- Lakeview Elementary School - Amarillo
- Sundown Lane Elementary School - Amarillo
- Hillside Elementary School - Amarillo
- City View Elementary School - Amarillo
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- "Canyon ISD named one of 12 Google Reference Districts in the state of Texas". News Channel 10. Retrieved July 11, 2018.