February 24, 1986
West Hills, California
|Agent||Abrams Artists Agency|
|Notable credit(s)||Attack on Titan
as Eren Jaeger
Sword Art Online
as Kirigaya Kazuto
as Rin Okumura
as Masaomi Kida
|Family||Debbie Rothstein (mother)
Bob Papenbrook (deceased) (father)
Bryce Austin Papenbrook (born February 24, 1986) is an American voice actor. He has done voice work for Animaze, Bang Zoom! Entertainment, Funimation, and Studiopolis and has performed the voices for several anime roles, particularly those of young anime protagonists. He is best known for his portrayals of Rin Okumura in Blue Exorcist, Kirito in Sword Art Online, Masaomi Kida in Durarara!! series, Makoto Naegi in Danganronpa series, Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan, and Shirou Emiya in Fate/stay night.
Early life and education
Papenbrook was born in West Hills, California on February 24, 1986. He is the son of Debbie Rothstein (1956-)and Bob Papenbrook (1955-2006), both of whom are also voice actors. He graduated from UCLA in 2007 with a degree in Political Science and a minor in Philosophy. His passion for acting started while watching his father work at the age of 8.[better source needed]
Papenbrook has trained in the martial arts for over 16 years, and holds a fourth-degree black belt. He began training in the Chuck Norris system of Tang Soo Do (also known as American Tang Soo Do) under his original instructor Steve Clark. Later he would train and receive his fourth-degree black belt in the system under Clark’s instructor, former Chuck Norris black belt Dennis Ichikawa. Papenbrook would go on to become a 3-time kickboxing champion with over 60 fights to his credit. He has been a kickboxing instructor for over 11 years at the House of Champions Academy of Martial Arts in Van Nuys, California.
|2014||TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise||ChaseAce||Ep. 11|||
|2015||Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!||Linecook||Ep. "Kitchen Frightmare"|||
|2015||Miraculous Ladybug||Cat Noir/Adrien|||
|2014||Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Blood Prison||Young Muku|
- "Bryce Papenbrook".
- House of Champions Academy of Martial Arts > Bryce Papenbrook Bio. URL accessed on February 10, 2010.
- "Bryce Papenbrook Roles - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Lee, Michelle (March 22, 2014). "Introducing the Voice of Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan". Funimation Blog. Funimation.
- "Interview: Bryce Papenbrook". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "Behind The Voice Actors - Bryce Papenbrook". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "BlazBlue: Alter Memory Cast Announcement". funimation.com. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "Funimation Announces Danganronpa Anime English Dub Cast". Anime News Network. April 4, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- "A Lull in the Sea – Staff – NIS America". NIS America.com. Retrieved 2015-04-28.
- Ugwa, Godswill (April 23, 2015). "Soul Eater Not! English Cast Announcement". Funimation.
- Toonami premire of Space Dandy Season 2 and Funimation credits
- "Bryce Papenbrook, Cherami Leigh Lead Sword Art Online Dub Cast – News". Anime News Network. March 30, 2013. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- Bryce Papenbrook [BrycePapenbrook] (November 1, 2015). "Excited to share that I voice Meliodas in the English Dub of The Seven Deadly Sins. Check it out now on @Netflix!... http://fb.me/7vyKLd1pu" (Tweet). Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- Chris Niosi [Kirbopher] (July 18, 2014). "Happy to announce that @BrycePapenbrook will be voicing a character in #TOMEseason2! Look forward to hearing him in the upcoming Episode 11!" (Tweet). Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "Kitchen Frightmare". Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!. Season 1. Episode 10. October 21, 2015. Cartoon Network.
- "Excited to announce my role as Adrien, aka Cat Noir, in the upcoming series Ladybug! Be on the lookout for more...". Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Bryce Papenbrook on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- Sandlot (February 18, 2014). Earth Defense Force 2025. D3 Publisher. Scene: Closing credits, 2:45 in, Voice Cast.
- Square Enix. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Scene: Closing credits, 5 minutes in, Voice Actors, Additional Voices.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bryce Papenbrook.|