|New York Yankees|
September 6, 1994 |
Clint Jackson Frazier (born September 6, 1994) is an American professional baseball outfielder who plays in the New York Yankees organization. He spent his high school years at Loganville High School in Loganville, Georgia. A top prospect for the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft, he was selected with the fifth pick by the Cleveland Indians. Frazier was traded for Andrew Miller of the New York Yankees at the 2016 Trade Deadline along with 3 other players.
Frazier attended Loganville High School in Loganville, Georgia. As a junior in 2012, he batted .424 with 24 home runs. He was the winner of the Jackie Robinson Award given to the Perfect Game National Player of the Year. He played in the 2012 Under Armour All-American Baseball Game. As a senior, he hit six home runs in his first seven games. Frazier finished his senior year with a .485 batting average, a .561 on-base percentage, a 1.134 slugging percentage, 17 home runs, 45 runs batted in (RBIs), and 56 runs scored. Gatorade named Frazier their National Baseball Player of the Year.
Frazier committed to attend the University of Georgia on a college baseball scholarship to play for the Georgia Bulldogs. The Cleveland Indians selected Frazier with the fifth overall selection of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He signed with the Indians, rather than enroll at the University of Georgia, receiving a $3.5 million signing bonus. The Indians assigned him to the Arizona Indians of the Rookie-level Arizona League for his professional debut. He hit a home run and a triple in his first professional game.
In 2014, Frazier played for the Lake County Captains of the Class A Midwest League. In 2015, Frazier played for the Lynchburg Hillcats of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League. Frazier began the 2016 season with the Akron Rubberducks of the Class AA Eastern League. He was named to appear in the 2016 All Star Futures Game, where he went 2-for-3 with an RBI double and a stolen base. He was then promoted to the Columbus Clippers of the Class AAA International League on July 25.
On July 31, 2016, the Indians traded Frazier along with Justus Sheffield, Ben Heller and J. P. Feyereisen to the New York Yankees for Andrew Miller. The Yankees assigned Frazier to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders of the International League. Frazier finished 2016 with a .263 batting average, 16 home runs and 55 RBI's.
- "2013 Top 100 Draft Prospects (May 10): Jonathan Gray Takes Top Spot". Baseballamerica.com. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "Top 100 draft prospects". Insider.espn.go.com. May 14, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "Home Runs Give Frazier Advantage In Georgia High School Showdown". Baseball America.com. March 13, 2013. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- Swanepoel, Sharon (August 13, 2012). "LHS Clint Frazier Receives Prestigious Jackie Robinson Award". Loganville.patch.com. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- Swanepoel, Sharon (August 9, 2012). "LHS Outfielder Added to Roster at Wrigley Field". Loganville.patch.com. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- Smith, Cameron (May 29, 2013). "Clint Frazier, top baseball prospect hits 6 HRs in 7 games, including this ridiculous moonshot". Sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "Cleveland Indians sign No.1 pick Clint Frazier for $3.5 million; will report to Goodyear, Ariz.". Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "Georgia baseball team signs top prospect Frazier". Dogbytesonline.com. Retrieved June 20, 2013.
- "Cleveland Indians' Clint Frazier helps out in debut for Captains - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "Clint Frazier leads Lynchburg to playoffs: Cleveland Indians advanced Class A Report (video)". Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "Futures Game: Cleveland Indians Prospect Clint Frazier Not A Kid Anymore". July 11, 2016. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "Cleveland Indians promote top prospects Bradley Zimmer, Clint Frazier to Triple-A Columbus". Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "All in? Cleveland Indians acquire Yankees relief ace Andrew Miller for Clint Frazier, other prospects". Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- "WATCH: Clint Frazier, new Yankees' prospect, hits for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre for 1st time". Retrieved August 3, 2016.