|Created by||Judy Katschke|
James J. Kroupa
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||134|
|Executive producer(s)||Kit Laybourne|
Michael Holman (1989-1991)
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original run||September 4, 1989– June 30, 1995|
Eureeka's Castle is an American children's television series that aired on Nickelodeon from September 4, 1989 to June 30, 1995. R. L. Stine, creator and author of the Goosebumps series, co-created and was the lead screenwriter of Eureeka's Castle.
The show follows various puppet characters (in the style of Sesame Street), including Eureeka, a sorceress in training. She and her friends live in a wind-up castle music box owned by a friendly giant. Other characters include Magellan, a good-natured dragon whose cumbersome tail seems to have a mind of its own. Bog and Quagmire, a brother and sister pair known as the Moat Twins, spend most of their time below the castle eating peanut butter sandwiches. The near blind Batly the bat attempts to improve his flying skills, but always crashes. Mr. Knack, a friendly tinkerer, sells his own knick-knacks in a pushcart. There are also various appearing creatures such as mice and singing fish called the Fishtones. Magellan has his own pets like Cooey and the slurms (a portmanteau of slug and worm), who were animated with Clay animation. Batly also has a pet spider named Webster.
- Eureeka: The title character, Eureeka is a friendly wizard-in-training. Most of the time her spells are not successful, but she keeps trying until she gets it right.
- Magellan: A big, green dragon, whose tail has a mind of its own. He's the youngest and inhabitant in the castle, and as such, doesn't always understand new concepts. He tends to make great big sneezes that can shake the whole castle whenever he gets upset.
- Bogge and Quagmire: The Moat Twins. They spend most of their time swimming in the castle moat and playing in the basement. They tend to argue with each other, but work together when it comes to causing trouble. They constantly try to steal Magellan's peanut butter sandwiches, but never succeed.
- Batly: A blue, clumsy, and egotistical bat who wears glasses. Despite being different in every way, he and Magellan are good friends. His flying usually ends with a crash landing, prompting him to say "I meant to do that". He spends most of his time in the belfry and has a large bug collection.
- Mr. Knack: The castle's handyman. He uses many unconventional methods for fixing things around the castle. He also loves to barter.
- Emma: A fat, orange mouse that loves to eat.
- Kate: A pink mouse who frequently reports on what happens in the castle.
- Sir Klank: An old, blue mouse with a long, grey beard.
- Fishtones: Singing Fish Statue that spits water
- Cooey: Magellan's pet
- Slurms: Magellan's pet
- Webster: Batly's Pet Spider
- The Giant: Owns the "castle music box" where the show takes place.
- Cheryl Blaylock – Eureeka
- Noel MacNeal – Magellan and Webster
- Pam Arciero – Quagmire and Emma
- Brian Muehl – Bog and Mr. Knack
- Lynn Hippen – Cooey and Kate
- James Kroupa – Batly, Sir Klank, and the Giant
Several episodes of Eureeka's Castle were released on VHS. To date, the series has not been released on DVD.
- Eureeka's Castle: Sing Along With Eureeka [VHS] (1989)
- Eureeka's Castle - Christmas at Eureeka's Castle [VHS] (1989)
- Eureeka's Castle: Wide Awake at Eureeka's Castle [VHS] (1989)
- Eureeka's Castle at the Internet Movie Database
- Eureeka's Castle at TV.com
- Entertainment Weekly article