|Founded||28 June 2013|
|National affiliation||Green Italy – European Greens|
|European Parliament group||no MEPs|
|Chamber of Deputies|
|Politics of Italy
The party was founded in June 2013 by a variegated group of green activists, notably including Monica Frassoni (co-spokesperson of the European Green Party), Fabio Granata and Flavia Perina (former members and deputies of the Italian Social Movement, National Alliance, The People of Freedom and Future and Freedom), Roberto Della Seta and Francesco Ferrante (former senators of the Democratic Party and former leaders of Legambiente), Marco Boato, Fiorello Cortiana and Anna Donati (former MPs of the Federation of the Greens; Boato, a former Radical, is still an active member of that party), green economy entrepreneurs, intellectuals and activists.
For the 2014 European Parliament election the party presented joint lists with the Federation of the Greens, under the name Green Italy – European Greens. The list obtained a mere 0.9% of the vote, despite a good showing among Italians abroad (6.0%). In the municipal election of Padua Francesco Fiore, a member of GI's national board, came fourth with 9.9% at the head of a civic list.
- Co-spokespersons: Annalisa Corrado / Oliviero Allotto (2013–present)
- Co-presidents: Monica Frassoni / Fabio Granata (2013–present)
- Il debutto della Cosa verde che mette insieme sinistra e ex An
- Ecologisti tornano con Green Italia "Puntiamo a prossime elezioni" - Repubblica.it
- Chi siamo | GreenItalia
- Europee, riammessi i Verdi
- [Scrutini] Europee - Elezioni del 25 maggio 2014 - Ministero dell'Interno
- [Scrutini] Comunali - Elezioni del 25 maggio 2014 (ballottaggio) - Ministero dell'Interno