|Spokesperson||Rosa Martínez and Juan López de Uralde|
|Founded||4 June 2011|
|Headquarters||Calle Jiloca, 4
|Youth wing||Red EQUO Joven|
|National affiliation||Unidos Podemos|
|European affiliation||European Green Party (member) |
|International affiliation||Global Greens (member)|
104 / 67,611
|Congress of Deputies||
3 / 350Inside Podemos
|European Parliament (Spanish seats)||
1 / 54In the coalition European Spring
5 / 1,278
Equo (also spelled Q, or eQuo) is a Spanish political party founded on 4 June 2011. 35 different Spanish green parties decided to merge into EQUO, making it a historical date for Spanish green politics, an ideology that had always been divided into many parties in Spain. It began as a foundation on 24 September 2010 having as a goal becoming "the seed and source of debate about political ecology and social equity, originating a sociopolitical movement".
The first election it contested was the Spanish general election, 2011, obtaining 915,776 votes (1.9%), making it the 7th most supported party, and the fifth in Madrid, with representation thanks to the Valencian coalition Compromís-Q, in which EQUO participated.
At the national elections of 20 December 2015 EQUO participated in the list of Podemos. This resulted in seats for three candidates of EQUO: Juantxo López de Uralde, Rosa Martínez and Jorge Luis Bail.
- "EQUO join European Green family", retrieved on 12 May 2013.
- País, Ediciones El (21 December 2015). "Los otros escenarios del 20D: de la caída de Bildu al auge del Pacma". elpais.com. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "EQUO pasa de 23 a 90 concejales y está presente en 14 capitales de provincia". eldiario.es. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Who are we?" (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 December 2011..
- "Results of the 2011 Spanish general election" (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 December 2011..
- "Results for the 2011 Spanish general election in the Community of Madrid" (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 December 2011..
- "Equo goes in the Congress, but only thanks to Compromís" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 December 2012..
- "EQUO entra en el Congreso con 3 escaños". partidoequo.es. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
|This article about a political party in Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|