This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hinjawadi (Phase I, II & III)
|• Body||PMRDA, Pune|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||MH 14, MH 12|
Hinjawadi is located in the South Western part of the city of Pune, India.
Previously Hinjawadi was a village until the construction of the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park. Now it is one of the epicenters of IT industry in Pune. To improve the overall planning and development of Hinjewadi area, it was brought under the jurisdiction of PMRDA. The state government in the past rejected the demands to bring the area under the jurisdiction of either PMC or PCMC as the area needed special attention park comprises three phases with further phases planned. Hinjawadi Industries Association (HIA) was laid out to provide a joint forum to all stakeholders based out of Hinjawadi and nearby places.
Hinjawadi is a proposed hub for integrated townships in Pimpri-Chinchwad. The new Special Township Policy Act of the Maharashtra government has laid down an integrated approach to the development of townships to de-congest Pune Municipal Corporation areas and encourage new settlements in its periphery though higher FSI (floor space index) than what is normally allowed in the municipal limits.
Due to rapid development, Hinjawadi is facing serious traffic problems during peak hours. From 8.00 AM to 12:00 PM and 5.30 PM to 8.00 PM, HMVs (Heavy Motor Vehicles) are not allowed to enter the area due to high congestion on the roads and the number of vehicles are increasing due to a lot of career opportunities. Above 2.5 Lacs employees travel daily to and from the IT park.
In Rainy seasons people starting from Phase 3 or Phase 2 used to spend minimum 1 hour in just crossing Hinjawadi and to reach till Wakad bridge which is merely 3 Kilometer distance.
The roads are potholes laden and full of encroachments. The Hinjawadi Industries Association (HIA) had logged numerous complaints to the local and state government, but nothing has moved. The employees of IT companies also protested by forming a human chain, but it has made no impact on the authorities. As this was not enough, the small lanes within the IT park were dug up for pipeline work and then never reconstructed. Because of the worst road conditions, minor accidents involving IT employees is a regular picture. Back, Neck and Shoulder injuries are common among the engineers.
There are two more approach roads proposed to reduce the traffic congestion, but almost after 15 years of establishment of the IT park, these roads still remain proposed. The Wakad bridge is a planning marvel in itself. When the authorities were planning for Phase 1 till Phase 4 of the IT park, this bridge was constructed with only 2 lanes. So from both sides, 3 lanes merge into single lane, creating traffic mess day and night.
Hinjawadi Line-3 Pune Metro Railways
Hinjawadi Metro Railway: Line 3 (Pune Metro) Stations– Megapolis Circle (Including Bhoirwadi), Quadron, Dohler, Infosys Phase II, Wipro Phase II, Pall India, Shivaji Chowk, Hinjawadi, Wakad Chowk, Balewadi Stadium, NICMAR, Ram Nagar, Laxmi Nagar, Balewadi Phata, Baner Gaon, Baner, Krushi Anusadhan, Sakal Nagar, University, R.B.I., Agriculture College and Shivaji Nagar (interchange with Line-1). Mahatoba temple is located on a hill in Hinjawadi.
- International Institute of Information Technology,Pune, Hinjawadi
- Symbiosis International University, Hinjawadi
- Alard Group of Institutes, Hinjawadi
- Alard Public School, Hinjawadi
- Alard College of Engineering and Management, Hinjawadi
- Alard College of Pharmacy, Hinjawadi
- Alard Institute Of Management Sciences, Hinjawadi
- International Institute Of Management Studies, Nere
- Mercedes-Benz International School, Hinjawadi
- Blue Ridge Public School, Hinjawadi
- Pawar Public School, Maan
- VIBGYOR High School, Hinjawadi
- Mount Litera Zee School, Hinjawadi
- SPORTSLIFE Football School,[failed verification] Hinjawadi
- Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Wipro Technologies
- Searce, Inc.
- Dassault Systems
- Tata consultancy services
- Tech Mahindra
- Cognizant technology solutions
- Yash Technologies
- Tata Technologies
- Eclerx Service Limited
- "Integrated townships in Pune — Moneycontrol.com". moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Commuters heave a sigh of relief after one-way traffic eases congestion in Hinjewadi".
- http://www.isquareit.edu.in. Missing or empty
- Blue Ridge Public School, Blue Ridge Public School, retrieved 26 February 2017
- Pawar Public School, Pawar Public School, retrieved 26 February 2017
- "VIBGYOR HIGH Hinjawadi".[permanent dead link]
- SPORTSLIFE Football School, SPORTSLIFE Football School, retrieved 26 February 2017