This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Katraj Jain temple
|• Body||Pune Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Katraj is suburb of Pune in the Indian state of Maharashtra, and within the jurisdiction of Pune Municipal Corporation. Katraj is famous for its Peshwa-era (18th century) lake that supplied water to the city during that period. The village lies at the foot of the Katraj Ghat or mountain pass on the main National Highway 4 connecting Pune with places south of the city, such as Kolhapur and Bangalore. In recent decades area surrounding the lake and the village of Katraj became part the City of Pune. The former rural area is now surrounded by residential complexes. The lakeside hosts the Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park. Bharti Vidyapeeth, a deemed university, has its main campus here. A large Jain temple was built here in late 20th century.
Katraj Jain temple
The Jain temple was built in 20th century and one of the major Jain pilgrimage in Pune. This temple was constructed under direction of Shri Daulasagarji. Temple has rich architecture. Temple also has a dharamshala with modern facilities along with bhojanalya.
- Joshi, S., 2007. Sustainable Management Plans for Urban Lakes in India. In Proceedings of Taal2007: The 12th World Lake Conference (Vol. 1202, p. 1207).
- Khare, K. C., and M. S. Jadhav. "Water Quality Assessment of Katraj Lake, Pune (Maharashtra, India): A Case Study." Proceedings of Taal2007: The 12th World Lake Conference. Vol. 292. 2008.
- Ashraf, S. Husain; Fazili, Asif Iqbal (2006). Tourism in India : planning and development (1st ed.). New Delhi: Sarup. p. 70. ISBN 9788176256650.
- Kelting, M. Whitney (2001), Singing to the Jinas: Jain Laywomen, Mandal Singing, and the Negotiations of Jain Devotion, Oxford University Press, p. 15, ISBN 9780198032113
- Morgan, Francis (2017), Vacation Goose Travel Guide Pune India, Soffer Publishing, p. 17
6. Aniket Gole (born 1999), Youtube creator, Passed out 10th grade in Sinhgad Spring Dale School, Entrpreneur.
|This article about a location in Pune district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|