Jørgen Vig Knudstorp
Jørgen Vig Knudstorp
|Executive Chairman of The Lego Group|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Niels Jacobsen|
|4th President of The Lego Group|
|Preceded by||Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen|
|Vice President of The Lego Group|
|President||Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen|
|Born||21 November 1968|
|Alma mater||Aarhus University|
Jørgen Vig Knudstorp (born 21 November 1968 in Fredericia) is the executive chairman and former CEO of the Lego Group. He succeeded Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen and is the first non-family member to head Lego.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree, Knudstorp began an academic career as a researcher at his alma mater as well as obtaining a master's degree (1995) and a PhD (1998) in Economics from Aarhus University. He stayed in academia, but worked as a business consultant from 1998 to 2000.
Under Knudstorp's tenure, LEGO Group's yearly income has gone from a loss to drawing a notable profit. and a 600% increase in turnover from 6.3 billion to 37.9 billion in 2016. In December 2016, it was announced that Knudstorp would step down as CEO of LEGO, and instead take the position of chairman of the group.
Positions outside Lego
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-10. Retrieved 2014-10-06. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Feloni, Richard (10 February 2014). "How LEGO Came Back From The Brink Of Bankruptcy". businessinsider.com. Business Insider Inc.
- Schwartz, Nelson D. (8 June 2006). "One brick at a time". fortune.com. FORTUNE Magazine.
- Agence France-Presse (4 March 2010). "Toy Maker LEGO Sees Profits Soar in 2009, More to Come in 2010". Industryweek.com. IndustryWeek. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2016. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Tools, JP (10 August 2017). "LEGO Hovedtal Kilde Legos årsrapporter". jyllands-posten.dk. Jyllands-Posten.
- Pedersen, Signe Ferslev (6 December 2016). "Knudstorp stopping as CEO of LEGO". Business.dk (in Danish). Berlingske Media. Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- Starbucks Nominates Rosalind Brewer, Jørgen Vig Knudstorp and Satya Nadella to its Board of Directors
- LEGO Company Management
- Interview with Jørgen Vig Knudstorp at Monocle
- Interview with Jørgen Vig Knudstorp at Meet the Boss TV
- At LEGO, Growth and Culture Are Not Kid Stuff - An interview with Jorgen Vig Knudstorp
|This business-related Danish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Lego-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|