|Original author(s)||Douglas Crockford|
2018-02-05 / February 5, 2018
|Type||Static code analysis|
According to the Free Software Foundation, this clause makes the license non-free. The clause has also prevented JSLint-related software from being hosted on Google Code and from being included in the Debian free software package repositories. Because of this restriction, according to Crockford, IBM asked Crockford in 2011 for a license to do evil, such that their customers could use it.
In 2011, Anton Kovalyov created a fork, called JSHint. The main motivation behind the creation of JSHint was to provide a "less opinionated" and "more configurable" way for developers to analyse code.
- "JSLint from the Command Line". www.hacksparrow.com. January 2013. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "first commit". GitHub. 2010-11-12. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
Copyright 2002 Douglas Crockford. All Rights Reserved Wrrrldwide and Beyond!
- JSLint source file, including license
- "JSMin isn't welcome on Google Code". wonko.com. Ryan Grove. 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Various Licenses and Comments About Them". Free Software Foundation.
- Re: The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil.
- "IBM and its minions ..." Hasen Judy. 2011-02-13. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Douglas Crockford: The JSON Saga". YouTube. 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
I give permission for IBM, its customers, partners, and minions, to use JSLint for evil.
- The JSON Saga by Douglas Crockford
- "Help: JSLint". codekitapp.com. 2016-12-10. Archived from the original on 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- Zakas, Nicholas C. (16 July 2013). "Introducing ESLint". nczonline.net. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Why I forked JSLint to JSHint". anton.kovalyov.net. Anton Kovalyov. 2011-02-20. Archived from the original on 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
[JSLint] has gotten uncomfortably opinionated
- "JSHint: A Community Driven Fork of JSLint". badassjs.com. Devon Govett. 18 February 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
[..] JSLint was getting a bit too opinionated [..]
- "Help: JSHint". codekitapp.com. 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
designed to be less opinionated and more configurable
- Zakas, Nicholas C. (18 December 2017). "Tweet from Nicholas C. Zakas (@slicknet), creator of ESLint". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
JSLint complaint: not configurable enough. JSHint complaint: still not configurable enough [..]
- "JSLint vs JSHint". Scott Logic. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Understanding the Real Advantages of Using ESLint". Rangle.io Blog. 2015-03-26. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "How to setup ESLint for Typescript code". Wisdom Geek. Kataria, Saransh.
- "Future of Typescript Linting". ESLint.
- "TSlint npm registry".
- "TSLint Github repository".
|This software-engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|