Jefferson Township, Cass County, Indiana
Location of Jefferson Township in Cass County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.1 sq mi (93.51 km2)|
|• Land||35.76 sq mi (92.62 km2)|
|• Water||0.35 sq mi (0.89 km2)|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||40/sq mi (16/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453481|
Jefferson Township covers an area of 36.1 square miles (93 km2); 0.35 square miles (0.91 km2) (0.97 percent) of this is water. Lake Cicott is in this township.
- Boone (north)
- Harrison (northeast)
- Noble (east)
- Clinton (southeast)
- Liberty Township, Carroll County (south)
- Adams Township, Carroll County (southwest)
- Jackson Township, White County (west)
- Cass Township, White County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Davis and Zion. Davis Cemetery is located a mile east of Burnettsville and a half mile east of the White County-Cass county line, and is commonly referred to as the Davis Cemetery Burnettsville in obituaries. It was also known as the Winegardner Cemetery.
- "Jefferson Township, Cass County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Jefferson township, Cass County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2013.
- Powell, Jehu Z. (1913). History of Cass County Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 618.
- Helm, Thomas B. (1878). History of Cass County, Indiana. Kingman Bros. p. 35.