June 17, 1929|
|Died||November 11, 2011(aged 82)|
|Occupation||Former beauty queen titleholder, model|
|Title||Miss World Sweden 1951|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Hair color||light brown|
|Miss World Sweden 1951
Miss World 1951
Appearance at Miss World 1951
Originally the Festival Bikini Contest, Miss World was organized by Eric Morley as a mid-century advertisement for swimwear at the Festival of Britain. Håkansson wore a bikini during the crowning ritual, after which she was condemned by the Pope, and some countries with religious traditions threatened to withdraw delegates. In 1952, bikinis were banned from the pageant and replaced with more modest swimwear. While bikinis were eventually reintroduced to Miss World, Håkansson remains the only winner to have received her crown while wearing a bikini.
- Mitra, Ipshita. "Miss Worlds of the 50s and where they are now - Beauty Pageants - Indiatimes". Femina Miss India. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Stein, Elissa; Meriwether, Lee (2006). Beauty Queen. Chronicle Books. p. 45. ISBN 0-8118-4864-7.
- Dewey, Susan (2008). Making Miss India Miss World. Syracuse University Press. p. 46. ISBN 0-8156-3176-6.
- Magnanti, Brooke (June 7, 2013). "Miss World bikini ban: why it's no victory for feminists". Telegraph. Retrieved December 13, 2013.
- "Selvedge: The Fabric of Your Life". Selvedge Ltd. 2005: 39.
- Lovegrove, Keith (2002). Pageant: The Beauty Contest. teNeues. p. 1967. ISBN 3-8238-5569-7.
- Shin, Han (2004). Beauty with a Purpose. iUniverse. p. 193. ISBN 0-595-30926-7.
- "1950-1955: Navel Maneuvers - The Bikini Breakout". Bikini Science. Archived from the original on 13 October 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
Photograph, noting Håkansson's age at time of victory at the Wayback Machine (archived February 16, 2012)
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss World Sweden
|This Swedish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|