List of One Direction members
There are four members in the London-based English-Irish pop boy band One Direction: Niall James Horan, Liam James Payne, Harry Edward Styles, and Louis William Tomlinson. Zain Javadd "Zayn" Malik was a member until he announced his departure from the band on 25 March 2015. Malik, Payne, Styles, and Tomlinson are from England while Horan is from Ireland.
- 1 Current
- 2 Former
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Niall James Horan, born  in Mullingar, County Westmeath, Ireland. The younger son of Bobby Horan and Maura Horan, now Maura Gallagher, he has an older brother named Greg. Their parents divorced when Niall was five. He and his brother lived between the homes of their two parents for a few years before eventually deciding to live with their father in Mullingar. Horan was a pupil at Coláiste Mhuire, a boys' Christian Brothers school. He was in his school's choir, performing seasonally around Christmas.13 September 1993 ,
Prior to participating in The X Factor at age 16, he performed around his homeland, including as a support act for Lloyd Daniels in Dublin. Horan has been playing guitar since his childhood. Horan has also stated that he is a "big swing" fan, citing favourite artists Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Michael Bublé. Horan liked rock music and is a fan of The Eagles, Bon Jovi and The Script. He supports Football League Championship side Derby County.
||It has been suggested that this section be split into a new article titled Liam Payne. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2015.|
Liam James Payne, born 29 August 1993 (age 22), is an English singer, songwriter and producer, known as a member of the boy band One Direction. He made his debut as a singer when he auditioned as a solo artist for the British television series The X Factor in 2008. He was originally cut following judges homes by mentor Simon Cowell. Payne was encouraged by Cowell to reaudition the following year. Payne reauditioned as a solo artist in 2010, where after being eliminated as a solo performer, he was brought back into the competition, along with four other contestants, to form the group that would later become known as One Direction.
A native of Wolverhampton, Payne originally joined the Wolverhampton and Bilston Athletics Club to pursue cross country running. After failing to make the English National Team for the 2012 Olympic Games and being placed on the reserve list, Payne decided to pursue singing full-time. At age 12, Payne joined Pink Productions, a performing arts group based in Wolverhampton. Payne continued to pursue singing with various appearances in local shows and school productions. Payne has also appeared in television and film, including the Nickelodeon series iCarly and the autobiographical concert film One Direction: This Is Us.
Since joining One Direction, Payne, along with bandmates Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles and former bandmate Zayn Malik has released four commercially successful albums, performed on four worldwide tours, and won several awards, including two BRIT Awards and four MTV Video Music Awards. One Direction's debut single "What Makes You Beautiful" debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart, and has since sold over 5 million copies worldwide, making it among one the best-selling singles of all time.
Payne was born in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England. He is the son of Karen, a nursery nurse, and Geoff Payne, a fitter. He has 2 sisters, Nicola and Ruth. Until the age of four, Payne had regular tests done in hospital as doctors noticed one of his kidneys was scarred and dysfunctional. To help cope with the pain, he had 32 injections in his arm in the morning and evening as a child. As a student, Payne was heavily involved in sports, particularly cross country running. Payne originally joined the Wolverhampton and Bilston Athletics Club to pursue cross country running. After failing to make the English National Team for the 2012 Olympic Games, he was placed on the reserve list.
Payne was bullied in secondary school and took up boxing lessons at the age of 12. Payne completed 11 GCSEs at St Peter's Collegiate School before moving on to study music technology at Wolverhampton College's Paget Road campus.
Payne was first introduced to the world of show business at age 12 as a member of the Pink Productions Theater Company,even appearing as ‘Toni Minero’ from Saturday Night Fever. Payne had previously performed in front of a crowd of 26,000 during a Wolverhampton Wanderers football match.
The X Factor
Payne first auditioned for the fifth series of the British Singing Competition The X Factor in 2008, at just 14 years old. Payne moved past the first round after performing Frank Sinatra's Fly Me To The Moon. He was subsequently cut at the Boot Camp stage, but Simon Cowell then changed his mind and asked Payne to return in the Judges' Houses. However, Payne was cut in this round, but was encouraged by Cowell to return to audition for the following series.
Payne returned to the seventh series of the British Singing Competition The X Factor in 2010. He auditioned with Frank Sinatra's Cry Me a River, which earned him four yeses and a standing ovation from Simon Cowell. Payne was considered the second favorite to win the show after his solo audition. He failed to progress to the Boys category at judges' houses." Four others in his age group did as well, but after a suggestion by Nicole Scherzinger, a guest judge, they were put together to form a five-piece boy band at Wembley Arena, during the bootcamp stage of the competition, thus qualifying for the Groups category. Subsequently, the group got together for two weeks to get to know each other and to practice. For their qualifying song at Judges' houses, and their first song as a group, One Direction performed an acoustic version of "Torn." Simon Cowell later commented that the performance convinced him that the group "were confident, fun, like a gang of friends, and kind of fearless as well." The group quickly gained popularity in the UK, ultimately coming in third place on the show.
Following The X Factor, One Direction were signed to Simon Cowell's Syco Entertainment in 2010. One Direction released their first studio album, Up All Night, in 2011, followed by their second album, Take Me Home, in 2012. Their third album Midnight Memories was released in 2013, followed by their fourth album Four in 2014. One Direction became the only group in this 58-year history of the Billboard Hot 200 chart to have their first four albums debut at number 1.
During the Take Me Home Tour (One Direction) One Direction covered Wheatus's "Teenage Dirtbag". In the original song lead vocalist Brendan Brown performs a segment in a "female voice" which, in One Direction's rendition of the song Payne covered in falsetto. This garnered praise from Brown who commented "You can do my girl part anytime".
Following the departure of former member Zayn Malik, Liam has been tasked with taking over the bulk of Malik's vocals. Bandmate Harry Styles admitted, "Liam [Payne] stepped up to do the high notes. He kicks them in the bollocks every show. He doesn’t hold back."
Payne has begun working on future projects collaborating with Juicy J on seven tracks with more in the works, DJ Mustard, and Miguel. He has also been in the studio with multiplatinum producer and performing artist Pharrell Williams.
Payne has also promoted up and coming acts such as LunchMoney Lewis, Bars and Melody and breakout stars 5 Seconds of Summer, who are signed to One Mode Productions Limited, on which Payne serves as director.
|2011||"Taken"||One Direction||Up All Night||Co-writer|
|"Everything About You"|
|2012||"Back for You"||Take Me Home|
|"Last First Kiss"|
|"Still the One"|
|2013||"Story of My Life"||Midnight Memories|
|"Little Black Dress"|
|"Through the Dark"|
|"Little White Lies"|
|"Better Than Words"|
|"Does He Know?"|
|2014||"Steal My Girl"||Four|
|"Ready to Run"|
|"Change Your Ticket"|
|"I Won't Break"||Cheryl||Only Human|
- One Direction – "You & I" (Big Payno Remix)
- One Direction – "Steal My Girl" (Big Payno & Afterhrs Pool Party Remix)
- Cheryl Cole – "I Don't Care" (Payno vs Aftrhrs Remix)
Payne is an ambassador for the charitable organization Trekstock, whose aim is to "empower young adults to thrive through and beyond cancer." Payne's original campaign with the organization in 2013 raised $784,198. He raised an additional $211,237 during his campaign in 2015. In conjunction with his 2015 campaign, Payne hosted The Great Gatsby Charity Ball.
Payne also began a Twitter campaign in the hopes of helping impoverished people across the globe by personally getting involved with charity work and inspiring his followers to do so as well.
Payne also gave a much needed push to a £6 million youth project "The Youth Zone" in his hometown of Wolverhampton.
Payne began dating X Factor dancer and online personality Danielle Peazer in 2010 during his time on the X Factor. The couple split briefly in September 2012 before rekindling their romance in December 2012. The couple ended their 3-year relationship in April 2013. During their hiatus, Payne briefly dated singer Leona Lewis. Payne began dating current girlfriend Sophia Smith, a student, in 2013.
Payne has three dogs: an Alaskan Klee Kai named Loki, a Great Dane and a smaller pup named Watson and Ralph. Actor Tom Hiddleston thanked Payne for naming his dog Loki, upon winning the MTV Movie Award for Best Villain.
Payne saved best friend Andy Samuels following an accidental fire in August 2013. Payne also came to the defense of a waitress when several members of the Tottenhaum Hotspurs F.C. acted inappropriately towards her in a club in London. Payne also saved Calvin Harris during an incident at Miley Cyrus's birthday party in 2013.
|2008||The X Factor||Himself||Contestant; Series 5|
|2010||The X Factor||Himself||Contestant; Series 7|
|2011||One Direction: A Year In The Making||Himself|
|2012||iCarly||Himself||Guest role; (Season 6, Episode 2)|
|Saturday Night Live||Himself||Guest role; (Season 37, Episode 18)|
|Big Time Tour||Himself|
|2013||One Direction: This Is Us||Himself|
|Saturday Night Live||Himself||Guest role; (Season 39, Episode 8)|
|Gary Barlow's Big Ben Bash||Himself|
|Robbie William's One Night Only Gig||Himself|
|2014||Where We Are - The Concert Film||Himself|
|Saturday Night Live||Himself||Guest role; (Season 40, Episode 10)|
|One Direction: The TV Special||Himself|
|Dynamo: Magician Impossible||Himself||Guest Role, Season 4, Episode 1|
|Dancing With The Stars||Himself||Guest Role, Season 19, Episode 13|
|2015||The Late Late Show with James Corden||Himself||Guest Role; Season 1, Episode 30|
|2015 Aegon Championships||Himself|
Awards and nominations
|2011||Sugarscape's Hottest Lads of 2011||Hottest Lad||Nominated|
|2012||Sugarscape's Hottest Lads of 2012||Hottest Lad||Nominated|
|Glamour's World's Sexiest Man||Sexiest Man||Nominated|
|2013||Capricho Awards||International Male Hottie||Won|
|Wolverhampton Son & Daughter's Award||Most Important Award||Won|
|Capital FM Twitter Awards||Best Twitter Feud||Won|
|Sugarscape's Hottest Lads of 2013||Hottest Lad||Nominated|
|Glamour's World's Sexiest Man||Sexiest Man||Nominated|
|J-14 Teen Icon Awards||Shirtless Stud||Runner Up|
|GQ Magazine Awards||Best Dressed Man||Nominated|
|2014||Heat's Twitter Awards||Kick Off Artist||Won|
|VH1 Music||Best Boyband Abs||Won|
|Capital FM Twitter Awards||Best Twitter Feud||Won|
|Capital FM Twitter Awards||Biggest Tweet on Twitter||Won|
|J-14 Teen Icon Awards||Iconic Couple (with GF Sophia Smith)||Nominated|
|J-14 Teen Icon Awards||Iconic Tweeter||Winner|
|Sugarscape's Hottest Lads of 2014||Hottest Lad||Nominated|
|2015||Heat's Twitter Awards||Cutest Celebrity Pet||Won|
|2015 PopCrush Fan Choice Awards||Best Twitter Star||Nominated|
|2015 PopCrush Fan Choice Awards||Best Instagram Star||Nominated|
|2015 Sugarscape Twitter Awards||Funniest Celebrity Tweeter||Nominated|
|2015 Sugarscape Twitter Awards||Biggest Celebrity Fangirl/boy||Nominated|
Harry Edward Styles, born  is from the village of Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England. He is a former pupil at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School, a state comprehensive school. Born to Anne Cox (née Selley) and Des Styles, he has one sibling, his elder sister Gemma. He was seven when their parents divorced; his mother subsequently remarried. Following the divorce, Styles, his older sister and mother moved further out into the Cheshire countryside. At the age of 12 he moved back to Holmes Chapel. Prior to participating in The X Factor, the then 16-year-old Styles had a part-time job at the W. Mandeville Bakery in Holmes Chapel.1 February 1994 ,
Styles was the lead singer for the band White Eskimo, with band members being lead guitarist Haydn Morris, bass guitarist Nick Clough and drummer Will Sweeny. They had once entered a Battle of the Bands competition, which they won. As a child, Styles loved singing, noting Elvis Presley as one of his influences. He also cites Presley for his musical beginnings. Styles cites contemporaries such as Foster the People, Coldplay and Kings of Leon among his influences. Styles stated that "The X Factor gave him 'a lot more' [confidence]" as a performer. He often looks to Coldplay front man Chris Martin for inspiration when performing on stage. Styles has stated that The Beatles had an influence on him growing up, as his father often played their music.
Louis William Tomlinson, born Louis Troy Austin on  is from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England. Born to Johannah (née Poulston) and Troy Austin, his parents split up when he was young and he took the surname of his stepfather, Mark Tomlinson. He has one younger half-brother and six younger half-sisters, two of whom had roles as babies in the television series Fat Friends, on which he appeared as an extra. After Fat Friends, he attended an acting school in Barnsley. He had small parts in an ITV drama film If I Had You and BBC's Waterloo Road. He was a sixth form student at Hall Cross School, a state comprehensive school, and a former pupil of the Hayfield School. He failed his first year of A levels at the Hayfield School and ended up going back to Hall Cross and starting A levels again. He had a number of jobs, including at a Vue cinema and at Doncaster Rovers football stadium as a waiter in the hospitality suites.24 December 1991 ,
As a student at Hall Cross, Tomlinson appeared in several musical productions. Playing Danny Zuko in the Hall Cross musical production of Grease motivated him to audition for The X Factor. Tomlinson cites Robbie Williams as his biggest influence and idol. In an interview with Now magazine, he said: "I've always loved Robbie. He's just so cheeky, he can get away with anything. His performances are unbelievable." He also admires Ed Sheeran, describing him as "phenomenal".
Zain Javadd "Zayn" Malik, born 12 January 1993 , is from Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. His father, Yaser Malik, is British Pakistani, and his mother, Tricia (née Brannan) Malik, is of Irish and English descent. He has one older sister, Doniya, and two younger sisters, Waliyha and Safaa.
He grew up in East Bowling, was a pupil at Lower Fields Primary School, and went to Tong High School, a state comprehensive school. Malik did not fit in at his first two schools due to his mixed heritage. Malik has stated that he started taking pride in his appearance after moving schools at the age of twelve. Upon auditioning for The X Factor, he stated: "I was looking for an experience". He cites urban music as his main musical influence, growing up, he was into R&B and rap. He as well as other members of One Direction further notes artists such as Bruno Mars, as a "dream collaborator." Malik is a heavy cigarette smoker; in late 2011, he expressed his desire to quit. Malik is Muslim, and once affirmed that by tweeting "La ila ha ill lalla ho muhammed door rasoolalah" (declaration of faith, meaning: "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah"). In June 2012, Malik's approach to Islam was criticised by blogger Debbie Schlussel, who accused him of advertising Islam to young fans; at the same time, he was criticised, on Twitter, by conservative Muslims, for not taking Islamic doctrine seriously enough. In July 2014, during the 2014 Israel–Gaza conflict, Malik tweeted the message "#FreePalestine" to his 13 million Twitter followers, reportedly provoking anger from One Direction fans in Israel.
On 18 August 2013, Malik proposed to singer Perrie Edwards, of girl group Little Mix. Malik, along with Styles and Tomlinson, support Manchester United. He also supports Pakistan's national cricket team and once tweeted when Pakistan lost the Cricket World Cup 2011 semi-finals.
On 25 March 2015, a week after leaving the group's Asia portion of their world tour citing stress, Malik resigned from the group entirely, citing his desire to live a "normal 22-year-old" life out of the spotlight. His last public performance in the band was the show of On the Road Again Tour in Hong Kong (18 March).
- "Niall Horan Official Twitter". 13 September 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Niall Horan Biography: Singer (1993–)". Biography.com (FYI / A&E Television Networks. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Mums of One Direction stars reveal how the boys have grown into music sensations". Daily Record. Glasgow. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Lisa McGarry (6 November 2010). "X Factor 2010: Niall Horan's brother says One Direction get along well". Unreality TV (Unrealitytv Limited). Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Mullingar teen has got the X Factor". Westmeath Examiner. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- Liz Thomas (29 March 2012). "Beatlemania takes a whole new Direction! Thousands gather in Montreal to catch a glimpse of the band". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Stan Walker, Short Stack, Michael Paynter, Amy Meredith. "One Direction Biography". The Hot Hits Live from LA. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- South Wales Echo (13 January 2012). "One Direction prepare for Cardiff sell-out shows". WalesOnline. Media Wales. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- One Direction members (2011). Dare to Dream: Life as One Direction. HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0-00-744439-7.[page needed]
- "One Direction, Jessie J and Wretch 32 Unveil Their Best Christmas Presents Ever". Capital FM. Global Radio. 21 December 2011. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Niall Interview (VEVO LIFT): Brought to you by McDonald's". YouTube. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Leah Collins (12 March 2012). "One Direction: X Factor boy band on what sets them apart". National Post (Canada: Postmedia Network Inc.). Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Tyler, Kelly. "Derby County fan and One Direction star Niall Horan to hold charity football challenge". Derby Telegraph. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "One Direction Star Liam Payne Celebrates 21st Birthday in Chicago".
- Oliver, Sarah (2014). Zayn Malik and Liam Payne - The Biography. New York: John Blake Publishing. ISBN 1782199497.
- Nash, Victoria. "Liam Payne now sprinting to X Factor success". Express and Star. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Dare to dream : life as One Direction. New York: HarperCollins Children's. 2011. ISBN 0062213423.
- "IMDB: Liam Payne". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Rutter, Claire. "Liam Payne goes solo to drop remix of Cheryl’s track ‘I Don’t Care’".
- "Mums of One Direction stars reveal how the boys have grown into music sensations". Trinity Mirror. Daily Record. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Davies, Rebecca (18 September 2011). "One Direction's Liam Payne: 'I effectively died as a baby'". Digital Spy.
- Tomb, Devin. "Liam Payne Interview". Seventeen Magazine.
- "Liam Payne theatre company holds auditions to find their 'next star'".
- "Liam Payne's journey from Bushbury to Big Apple". Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Episode 1". The X Factor (series 5). 16 August 2008. ITV.
- Bull, Sarah. "Meet Cher Lloyd, the 16-year-old Cheryl Cole lookalike who wowed her idol on the X Factor". Daily Mail.
- "Episode 3". The X Factor (series 7). 4 September 2010. ITV.
- "Nicole Scherzinger: 'I did Simon Cowell a favor with One Direction'".
- "Flaky Katie survives by the skin of her teeth but Simon is down to one act as Belle Amie go out in the public vote".
- "Exclusive Q&A: Simon Cowell on One Direction's Rise to Stardom". Rolling Stone.
- Nicholson, Rebecca. "Also-rans to world's biggest boy band: the rise of One Direction". The Guardian.
- "One Direction Discography".
- Caufield, Keith. "One Direction’s ‘Four’ Makes Historic No. 1 Debut on Billboard 200 Chart".
- "One Direction Get 'Teenage Dirtbag' Love".
- "Twitter Wheatus".
- McCorimck, Neil. "One Direction, Millennium Stadium Cardiff, review: 'business as usual'". The Telegraph.
- "Harry Styles Talks Incredible Fans & Liam Payne Not Holding Back On Zayn Malik's Solos". MTV.
- Corner, Lewis. "One Direction's Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson named band's top earners".
- "Liam Payne Now Writing Post-Zayn 1D Songs".
- Villa, Lucas. "One Direction's Liam Payne remixes latest singles by his band and Cheryl".
- Roth, Madeline. "Mariah Carey And Liam Payne Are Praising Fifth Harmony’s New Album".
- "JUICY JONE DIRECTIONJuicy J is working with One Direction’s Liam Payne". Fact Mag.
- "Liam Payne and Juicy J working together in the studio before One Direction world tour".
- "Juicy J made seven songs with Liam Payne: 'We are working on a lot of different things'".
- "Liam Payne of One Direction worked with DJ Mustard on new material".
- "One Direction's Liam Payne records 'dance' track with Miguel".
- "Pharrell Williams And 1D's Liam Payne "Looking Forward" To Recording Studio Session".
- "Tomorrow's Hits: Lunchmoney Lewis, Life of Dillon & Tobias Jesso Jr.".
- "Ellen DeGeneres And Liam Payne Back 'Bars And Melody'".
- "One Direction CASH in on 5SOS! Liam Payne & Louis Tomlinson allegedly get 50% of band’s profits".
- "ONE MODE PRODUCTIONS LIMITED Managing Directors".
- "Liam Payne is Attitude’s new cover guy – see our two collectible...". Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Guiltenane, Christian (October 2015). "New Direction". Attitude.
- "iTunes - Muziek - 'You & I - EP' van One Direction". iTunes.
- "iTunes - Music - Steal My Girl - Single by One Direction". iTunes.
- "Liam Payne Remixes 'X-Factor' Judge's New Single". PopCrush.
- "Andy Murray, Liam Payne, Jack Whitehall and Clare Balding film tennis comedy sketch for Unicef".
- Lee, David. "One Direction singer Liam Payne and sporting legends support CLIC Sargent event at Royal Windsor Racecourse". Windsor Express.
- "1D stars Liam Payne and Harry Styles become cancer charity ambassadors".
- "An Evening Out With Liam and Harry".
- "The Charitable Nature of Liam Payne".
- "One Direction's Liam Payne is upstaged by gorgeous girlfriend Sophia Smith as she wows in sheer pink dress at charity ball".
- Rutter, Claire. "Liam Payne supported by Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson along with girlfriend Sophia Smith".
- "'Humanitarian' Liam Payne urges One Direction fans to change the world". The Hamilton Spectator.
- "Newly-released footage of One Direction star Liam Payne at Wolverhampton Youth Zone event".
- "One Direction Raises Over £2 Million For Red Nose Day 2013".
- "Office Depot Foundation Launches Anti-Bullying Educational Initiative in Schools Nationwide".
- Sherman, Maria. "One Direction Launch Charity Initiative "Action 1D"".
- "IMDB: Danielle Peazer".
- Rogers, Christopher. "Liam Payne & Girlfriend Danielle Peazer Break Up — Report".
- "Did Twitter trolls force Liam Payne to split from girlfriend Danielle Peazer?".
- Fitzmaurice, Sarah. "'I'm having fun and enjoying myself': Leona Lewis speaks out about Liam Payne and why she doesn't care about their eight year age gap as she horses around in shoot".
- "Liam Payne Reveals Why He Loves His New Girlfriend Sophia Smith".
- "Liam Payne of One Direction + His Girlfriend Get a New Dog!".
- "ONE DIRECTION TAKE OUR 'WHO IS THE MOST ROMANTIC?' QUIZ AT THEIR 'BETWEEN US' FRAGRANCE LAUNCH EVENT". Sugerscape.
- "Tom Hiddleston Gives A Special Shoutout To Liam Payne’s Dog".
- "How Liam Payne saved my life: Andy Samuels speaks for the first time after freak fire accident".
- "Liam Payne "confronts soccer players" as he defends waitress".
- Moodie, Clemmie. "One Direction star Liam Payne involved in bust up with four footballers as he defends waitress".
- Johnson, Zach. "Liam Payne Saves Calvin Harris From Getting Knocked Out by Flying Little Person at Miley Cyrus' Birthday Party".
- "Katie Waissel: One Direction’s Liam Payne has been my rock since my marriage failed".
- "Scott's Strictly Kerfuffle & Liam Payne's "Mate"".
- "One (Direction) night only: A suited and booted Liam Payne takes girlfriend Sophia Smith to Robbie Williams gig".
- "Watch One Direction's Liam Payne Learn Sadie Robertson's 'DWTS' Quack Attack Dance".
- "IMDB Liam Payne".
- "Sugarscape's Hottest Lads".
- "Sugarscape's Hottest Lads 2012".
- "One Direction Join Robert Pattinson on World's Sexiest Man 2012 List".
- "Liam Payne wins Sons & Daughters award from hometown: 'Most important award'".
- "Capital FM Twitter Awards".
- "World's Sexiest Man 2013 List".
- "GQ Best Dressed Man 2013".
- "2014 Winners Heat".
- "Best Boy Band Abs".
- "2014 Winners".
- "2015 Winners Heat".
- "2015 PopCrush Fan Choice Awards".
- "2015 Sugarscape Twitter Awards".
- "Harry Edward Styles profile at". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 11 May 2012. (subscription required)
- "Harry Styles profile at". Capital FM. Global Radio. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Belinda Ryan (29 September 2010). "Holmes Chapel X Factor star Harry Styles can win show say school bandmates". Crewe Chronicle. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Styles's grandfather proud of him". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- Lewis Panther (24 June 2012). "One Direction star Harry Styles' dad on bond between him and his boy". Daily Record. Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- Kate Simms (17 November 2010). "Harry Styles has got the X Factor in Holmes Chapel". BBC News. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "One Direction: "We Take Inspiration From Take That"". Capital FM (Global Radio). 23 December 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Andrei Harmsworth (20 April 2012). "Harry Styles: Ronnie Wood wanted to play guitar with One Direction". Metro. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "Louis Troy Austin profile at". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "GRO Index Doncaster – January 1992". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Louis turns 20!". Onedirectionmusic.com. 24 December 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Doncaster News and Features: Famous Doncastrian: Louis Tomlinson". Donny Online. Donny Online Network. 29 June 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Family album reveals my boy really has got the X Factor". The Star. Johnston Publishing Ltd. 19 October 2010. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Louis Interview (VEVO LIFT): Brought to you by McDonald's". YouTube. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "One Direction's Louis Tomlinson is a fan of Robbie Williams". STV. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "One Direction name debut album 'Up All Night', reveal cover". Digital Spy. 16 October 2011. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Zayn Malik Biography". Biography. FYI / A&E Networks. Archived from the original on 20 August 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
Full Name: Zain Javadd Malik
- "People Magazine Archive". 20 June 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Emma Clayton (5 October 2010). "East Bowling teenager Zain Malik makes it to finals, but Bradford girl band Husstle bow out". Bradford Telegraph & Argus (Newsquest Media Group). Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- Mabey, Meghan (24 April 2012). "Zayn Malik's Two Arabic Chest Tattoos". Pop Tartas.
- "Zayn Malik's mum: When my boy leaves home, I cry at the gate". Now Magazine. 22 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Ben Barnett (26 November 2010). "Classmates seek support for East Bowling One Direction star Zayn Malik". Bradford Telegraph & Argus (Newsquest Media Group). Retrieved 26 November 2010.
- "Zayn Interview (VEVO LIFT): Brought to you by McDonald's". YouTube. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Maggie Doherty (26 March 2012). "Backbeat: One Direction's Harry Styles Gets a Faceful of Ice-Cream Cake at Z-100". Billboard. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Emily Hewett (29 December 2011). "One Direction's Zayn Malik vows to quit smoking for New Year resolution". Metro. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Kari Huus (18 June 2012). "One Direction singer Zayn Malik: Global pop star, and Muslim". MSNBC. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Zayn Malik's sister defends the One Direction star after he's attacked on Twitter for having tattoos and touring during Ramadan, nowmagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- One Direction's Zayn Malik victim of religious attack|110% pop, uk.omg.yahoo.com. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- Ritman, Alex (29 July 2014). "One Direction's Zayn Malik Barraged With Death Threats After '#FreePalestine' Tweet". The Hollywood Reporter (Reprinted in Billboard). Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "1D's Zayn confirms engagement to Perrie Edwards". The Irish Independent. 21 August 2013.
- "Zayn Malik facts: 14 things you might not know about the One Direction band member - Metro News". Metro.
- "zaynmalik1D on Twitter". Twitter.
- Lynch, Joe (25 March 2015). "Zayn Malik Explains One Direction Exit: 'I Have To Do What Feels Right in My Heart'". Billboard (United States). Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to One Direction.|