List of Bangladeshi Americans
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
This is a list of notable Bangladeshi Americans, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are Bangladeshi American or must have references showing they are Bangladeshi American and are notable.
- Fazlur Rahman Khan - Famous Structural Engineer
- Abdus Suttar Khan - Chemist and Aerospace Researcher
- Mohammad Ataul Karim - known for his many original contributions to the fields of electro-optical devices and systems, optical computing and processing, and pattern recognition; he is ranked amongst the top 50 researchers who contributed most to Applied Optics in its 50-year history.
- Mir Masoom Ali - George and Frances Ball Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Statistics Ball State University
- Hansen Clarke - U.S. Congressman and former Michigan State Senator
- Maqsudul Alam - Scientist and professor. Maqsudul Alam achieved three milestones in genomics - sequencing the genomes of papaya, rubber plants and jute.
- Jawed Karim - co-founder of YouTube and lead technical architect of PayPal.
- Sezan Mahmud - Nationally awarded writer of Bengali literature, lyricist, columnist and Medical scientist. Associate Professor of Public Health, Florida A & M University, Clinical Research Faculty, Florida State University College of Medicine. Also first Asian recipient of APHA-PHEHP Early Career Award, 2006.
- Asif Azam Siddiqi - space historian and currently serves as an assistant professor of history at Fordham University.
- Hasan M. Elahi - interdisciplinary media artist whose research interests include issues of surveillance
- Badal Roy - tabla player
- Palbasha Siddique - singer
- Abuhena Saifulislam, first Muslim who was appointed as imam in the U.S. Navy.
- Iqbal Quadir - Founder of Grameen Phone, Bangladesh's largest telecom group. Iqbal Quadir has also lectured for Harvard's Kennedy School and for MIT.
- Salman Khan - Founder of Khan Academy 
- Fazle Hussain - is a Cullen Distinguished Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Geosciences at the University of Houston.
- Monica Yunus - daughter of Muhammad Yunus and soprano singer Vera Forostenko
- Saif Ahmad - World Series of Poker winner.
- Reihan Salam - blogger at The American Scene and associate editor of The Atlantic Monthly
- Kamal Quadir - Founder and CEO of CellBazaar Inc, First Mover Fellow of The Aspen Institute, TEDIndia Fellow
- M. Shahid Alam - Professor of economics at Northeastern University
- M. Osman Siddique - Former US Ambassador
- Dipa Ma - yoga teacher
- Supreme Understanding - Book author, publisher, activist and outspoken member of the Nation of Gods and Earths
- Shikhee - singer; auteur of industrial band Android Lust
- Abul Hussam - inventor of the Sono arsenic filter
- Rais Bhuiyan - shooting survivor and activist
- Syque Caesar - American Artistic Gymnast. Part of Michigan Wolverines.
- Rahsaan Islam, actor
- Paromita Mitra, Actress and Winner of 2013 Miss Mississippi USA
- Afshan Azad, Actress who appeared in Harry Potter Series as "Padma Patil
- Abdul "Duke" Fakir - American Singer of Ethiopian and Bangladeshi descent.
- Kamal Ahmed (comedian) - Comedian, part of the Jerky Boys duo.
- Ellis Miah - Music Producer
- List of Bangladeshi people
- List of Bengalis
- List of British Bangladeshis
- List of Bangladesh-related topics
- With YouTube, Student Hits Jackpot Again, The New York Times, October 12, 2006.
-  Khan Academy FAQ