List of Venezuelan Americans
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
This is a list of notable Venezuelan Americans, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are Venezuelan Americans or must have references showing they are Venezuelan Americans and are notable.
- 1 List
- 2 See also
- 3 References
Architects and builders
- Carlos Brillembourg- Venezuelan architect based in New York. He is the founder of Carlos Brillembourg Architects.
- Monica Ponce de Leon - Architect with offices in Ann Arbor, New York and Boston. Dean of the School of Architecture at Princeton University. First Hispanic architect to receive the National Design Award in Architecture.
- Domingo Marcucci- Venezuelan born, American 49er, shipbuilder and shipowner.
Entrepreneurs and businesspeople
- Guido Antonini Wilson- Entrepreneur.
- Gustavo Cisneros- Venezuelan born mass media entrepenour.
- Andres Gluski- CEO of AES Corporation,
- Thor Halvorssen Hellum- Venezuelan-Norwegian businessman who served as CEO and President telephone company, CANTV and later as Special Commissioner for International Narcotic Affairs.
- Janet Kelly - American born editor owner of The Daily Journal (Venezuela).
- Hilda Ochoa-Brillembourg- Venezuelan business woman and the current president and chief executive officer of Strategic Investment Group (SIG)
- Beatriz Michelena- Venezuelan American operatic soprano and actress during the silent film era. She was the first Latina star and co-founded Michelena Studios a film production company with her husband.
- Vanessa Neumann- Venezuelan graduated in Columbia University. Founder, President & CEO of Asymmetrica, a New York-headquartered global consultancy on brand integrity and counter-illicit trafficking. The relationship with Mick Jagger (2000-2002) made her famous among world press.
- Bill Watkins- Venezuelan born former CEO of Seagate Technology, the world's largest manufacturer of hard drives
Artists and designers
- Julio Aguilera - Venezuelan-American painter and sculptor born in Caracas.
- Devendra Banhart- Venezuelan American singer-songwriter and visual artist.
- Jorge Blanco - Venezuelan artist who created the comic strip The Castaway/El Náufrago, which became an overnight success.
- Nicolas Felizola - fashion designer.
- Rodner Figueroa- TV host from Univision, fashion designer and philanthropist.
- Nina Fuentes, a.k.a. Nina Dotti - Venezuelan art collector, curator, philanthropist, business woman and art dealer.
- Marisol Escobar - Venezuelan-American sculptor born in Paris.
- Carolina Herrera - fashion designer. Also Founder and CEO of New York-based CH Carolina Herrera.
- Camilo Him - Venezuelan-born American naturalized and Paris-based fashion photographer, artist and film director.
- Tina Ramirez - dancer and choreographer, best known as the Founder and Artistic Director of Ballet Hispanico.
- Angel Sanchez - fashion designer.
- Nick Verreos - American fashion designer, fashion commentator and former Project Runway contestant.
- Jhonen Vasquez - American comic book writer, cartoonist, and music video director.
- Ron van Dongen - photographer.
- Julio Gassete- Venezuelan born TV former comediant of Bienvenidos TV show. He lives currently in Miami, Florida
- Erika De la Vega- is a Venezuelan stand up comedy actress and fashion model
Films and TV
- Cristina Abuhazi- Venezuelan actress, model, and TV host in Sony YouTube America Latina Network.
- Arthur Albert - Venezuelan born, American cinematographer and television director.
- Fred Armisen- actor, comedian, musician. He attended the School of Visual Arts (NYC)
- Elizabeth Avellán - American film producer, born in Venezuela.
- Daniela Bascopé - Telenovela actress
- Maria Beatty - Venezolan-born American filmmaker who directs, acts, and produces
- Horacio Bocaranda- film director
- Tatiana Capote - actress. Cuban born-Venezuelan raised.
- Grecia Colmenares- actress of telenovelas who gained fame across Latin America, specially during the 1980s.
- Gabriel Coronel- actor of telenovelas and model.
- Jesse Corti - Venezuelan-born, American voice actor.
- Alejandro Chaban - Venezuelan-born, telenovela actor.
- Mara Croatto - Venezuelan-born Puerto Rican actress.
- Marieh Delfino - American actress.
- Andrew Divoff- Venezuela born, actor;
- Wanda D'Isidoro- Venezuelan actress, born in Boston.
- Silvana Gallardo (1953 – 2012) - American film and television actress.
- Carlos González (cinematographer)- Venezuelan born American cinematographer and director of film and television.
- Brooke Haven - American pornographic actress.
- Perla Haney-Jardine - Brazilian-born American actress. She is best known for her role in Kill Bill Vol. 2 as B.B., the four-year-old daughter of Beatrix "The Bride" Kiddo and Bill. His father is Venezuelan.
- Maria Elena Heredia- Venezuelan actress.
- Betty Kaplan- Venezuelan film director, currently live in Los Angeles
- Moisés Kaufman - playwright, director and founder of Tectonic Theater Project.
- Kamala Lopez - Actress, director, and political activist.
- Alicia Machado- Venezelan actress, Miss Universe 1996.
- Édgar Ramírez - a Venezuelan actor
- Julie Restifo - actress. American born-Venezuelan raised.
- Génesis Rodríguez- actress
- Luis José Santander- American-born Venezuelan actor.
- Beatriz Michelena - American actress during the silent film era. She was of Venezuelan descent.
- Vera Michelena - American actress, contralto prima donna and dancer who appeared in light opera, musical comedy, vaudeville and silent film. She was of Venezuelan descent.
- Carlos Montilla- Venezuelan television and theater actor.
- Lilibeth Morillo- actress.
- Carlos Pena Jr. - American actor (Big Time Rush), singer, and dancer. His father is of Spanish and Venezuelan descent.
- Clara Perez - film and television actress.
- Antonio Piedra - producer, director, photographer and philanthropist.
- Sonya Smith- American-born Venezuelan actress.
- Jason Silva- television personality, filmmaker, and public speaker.
- Patricia Spanic- twin sister of soap opera actress Gabriela Spanic, she is a Captain in the US Army.
- Monica Spear- Miss Venezuela 2004- actress of Telemundo network
- Laura Termini - Venezuelan born American actress, producer, writer, and a Board Certified Health/Beauty Counselor AADP.
- Tammy Trull - American actress of Venezuelan and Cuban descent.
- Orlando Urdaneta- Venezuelan actor
- Wilmer Valderrama- Venezuelan actor
- Angelina Valentine - American pornographic actress
- Patricia Velásquez- is a Venezuelan actress and fashion model.
- Franklin Virgüez- actor
- Eglantina Zingg- actress, model and television host
- Mariela Pérez Branger - Miss Venezuela 1967.
- Jennifer Rovero- Playboy's Playmate of the Month for July 1999 and has appeared in numerous Playboy videos.
- Rita Verreos - Venezuelan born beauty pageant contestant, image consultant, model, actress, and reality television contestant.
- Aldo Abreu-Venezuelan baroque flutist.
- María Conchita Alonso - three time Grammy Award–nominated singer/songwriter and actress. Cuban born-Venezuelan raised, she is American citizen
- Devendra Banhart- Singer and songwriter
- Andrea Burns - singer.
- Ed Calle - saxofonist and composer from Miami, Florida, born in Venezuela. He has four nominations for Grammy Awards.
- Mariah Carey- singer; her father Alfred Roy Carey was born in Venezuela.
- Randy Carlos- Composer and Orchestra director named el "Rey de la Pachanga".
- Teresa Carreño - Venezuelan born, pianist and composer.
- Sylvia Constantinidis - Venezuelan-American pianist, conductor, writer, music educator and composer.
- Tulio Cremisini- Venezuelan percussionist, composer and orchestra conductor.
- Majandra Delfino - Alma Award-nominated Venezuelan born, American actress and singer.
- Yasmin Deliz - American singer-songwriter, model and actress. She is daughter of Dominican father and a Colombian-Venezuelan mother.
- Gustavo Dudamel - Orchestra conductor and violinist. He is the music director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic in Los Angeles, California.
- Pedro Eustache- flautist - "World Music" woodwinds-reeds-wind synthesizers and composer
- Lorenzo Herrera- Former Venezuelan singer.
- Hernan Hermida- vocalist of rock band Suicide Silence
- Enrique Hidalgo- Venezuelan composer.
- Judith Jaimes-pianist.
- Raphael Jiménez- associate professor of conducting and director of Oberlin College orchestras.
- Pablo Manavello- Italian-born Venezuelan composer, guitarist, singer and songwriter.
- Eduardo Marturet - composer, music director and principal conductor of The Miami Symphony Orchestra.
- Gustavo Matamoros- composer-sound artist.
- Fernando Michelena - Venezuelan tenor. In USA Michelena toured with the Emma Abbott Grand Opera Company. He was the father of Beatriz and Vera Michelena .
- Silvano Monasterios- jazz pianist and composer.
- Gabriela Montero- pianist and composer.
- Chris Moy - singer and a former member of the Menudo teen group.
- Luis Perdomo - jazz pianist and composer.
- Allan Phillips- music producer, composer, arranger, and musician.
- Rudy Regalado- Venezuelan Latin music leader, percussionist and composer.
- Jose Luis Rodríguez "El Puma"- singer and actor.
- Otmaro Ruiz- pianist and composer.
- Juan Carlos Salazar - Singer, Cuatro-player and songwriter/composer in addition to being an engineer with an MBA, and university instructor.
- Marger Sealey - Singer, composer and actress.
- Alberto Šlezinger- Venezuelan born singer, songwriter and composer
- Zamora- is a Venezuelan pianist and composer nominated on Grammy Award 2010 in the "New Age" music category.
- Bob Abreu- Venezuelan Baseball player.
- Luis Aparicio - Baseball player. Hall of Fame of MLB.
- Nestor Aparicio - Sports writer and radio personality.
- José de Armas - professional tennis player.
- Manuel Azpurua Sosa- thoroughbred racehorse trainer
- Josh Barfield - Venezuelan-born American major league Baseball player
- Jesus Armando Bracho - Venezuelan jockey winner of the Eclipse Award for Outstanding Apprentice Jockey in 1992 but was suspended, then surrendered his award to Rosemary Homeister, Jr. for falsifying his racing papers.
- Miguel Cabrera- Baseball player. In 2012 became the first player since Carl Yastrzemski in 1967 to win the Triple Crown in batting.
- Alfonso Carrasquel - Venezuelan-born major league Baseball player
- Javier Castellano - jockey, recipient of three Eclipse Award for Outstanding Jockey in the row (2013, 2014 and 2015).
- Eibar Coa - jockey winner of the Breeder's Cup Sprint 2010.
- Daniel Dhers- World Champion BMX cycle ryder
- Juan Pablo Galavis - professional footballer
- Ozzie Guillén - former major league professional baseball player and manager of Chicago White Sox and Miami Marlins.
- Ramon Dominguez - jockey, recipient of three Eclipse Award in the row (2010, 2011 and 2012)
- Marcy Hinzmann - American pairs figure skater. Her mother was born in Venezuela.
- Gonzalo López Silvero- Cuban born sports narrator of Venevision.
- AnnMaria De Mars - American judoka
- Richard Mendez - Football narrator of ESPN Deportes
- Amleto Monacelli- Professional ten-pin bowler, member of American Bowlers Association Halls of Fame.
- Julianna Peña- American mixed martial artist
- Eddie Pérez- Venezuelan-American former professional baseball player and current coach
- C.J. Perry - American professional wrestling valet, professional wrestler, model, actress, dancer, and singer
- Ronda Rousey - American mixed martial artist, judoka and actress.
- Antonio Sano - thoroughbred racehorse trainer
- Giovanni Savarese- Venezuelan head coach of the newly formed New York Cosmos soccer club
- Edwin Valero- was an undefeated southpaw Venezuelan boxer and former two weight world champion who fought up to light welter weight.
- María Alejandra Vento-Kabchi- former professional tennist
Journalists, TV hosts and anchors
- Luis Alfredo Alvarez - TV host ESPN Latin America.
- Fernando Alvarez - TV host ESPN Latin America.
- Eli Bravo- journalist, TV host
- Carlos López Bustamante- journalist spent part of his life in USA where died in Chicago.
- Nelson Bustamante- Venezuelan born TV host and Writer
- Chiquinquirá Delgado- Venezuelan TV host, model, and actress of Univision network in the United States
- Raúl González - TV host and actor. In Venezuela, he hosted a kids' TV show Supercrópolis. He became one of the hosts on TV show Despierta América of Univisión television network.
- Eva Golinger - Attorney, RT Network TV host and editor of the Correo del Orinoco International.
- Alejandra Oraa- Venezuelan television anchor currently working for CNN en Español.
- Elizabeth Pérez - Cuban-Venezuelan Emmy-winning television journalist and presenter working for CNN en Español.
- Rafael Poleo- a Venezuelan journalist and politician.
- Carolina Sandoval - Journalist, broadcaster, writer, TV presenter, and actress.
- Daniel Sarcos- Venezuelan TV host, model, and actor of Telemundo network in the United States.
- Juan Vene- Journalist
- Patricia Zavala- is a Venezuelan television host and model. She hosts E! Entertainment Television's Coffee Break.
- Renato Beluche- Privateer at service of Simon Bolivar army.
- José Manuel Hernández-A popular Venezuelan caudillo, army general, congressman, presidential candidate and cabinet member who was also involved in numerous insurrections. Live exiliated in USA from 1911 to his dead in 1921.
- Narciso López- A Venezuelan soldier and adventurer, knowed for four filibuster expeditions aimed at liberating Cuba from Spain in the 1850s.
- José Antonio Páez- Venezuelan leader who fought the War of Independence. President of Venezuela once it was independent of the Gran Colombia (1830–1835; 1839–1843; 1861–1863). He lived in New York during his years in exile and died there in 1873.
- Luigi Boria- Venezuelan born, mayor of Doral, Florida
- Peter Camejo - (1939–2008) was an American activist and politician. He is of Venezuelan descent.
- Cipriano Castro- President of Venezuela. Expatriated by Juan Vicente Gomez regime in 1908, spent the rest of his life in exile, mostly in Puerto Rico where died in 1928.
- Philip Giordano - former Republican mayor of Waterbury, Connecticut, and a convicted sex offender. He was born in Caracas, Venezuela, to Italian parents and his family moved to the United States when he was two years old.
- P. Michael McKinley - American diplomat and the United States Ambassador to Afghanistan
- Irene Sáez - Venezuelan politician and beauty queen who was crowned Miss Universe 1981.
- Al Santos (mayor) - Mayor of Kearny, New Jersey, and a Democrat, born in Venezuela.
- Cristina Amon - Venezuelan born, dean of the University of Toronto Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
- Baruj Benacerraf - Venezuelan-born American immunologist, 1980 Nobel Prize in Medicine for the discovery of the major histocompatibility complex genes
- Manuel Blum - born in Caracas, Venezuela, is a computer scientist who received the Turing Award in 1995.
- José Luis Cordeiro - Venezuelan mechanical engineer. Futurologist at Singularity University.
- Humberto Campins - professor of Physics and Astronomy at University of Central Florida.
- José Esparza - Venezuelan virologist known for his efforts to promote the international development and testing of vaccines against HIV/AIDS.
- Humberto Fernandez Moran - Venezuelan research NASA scientist winner of the John Scott Award, for his invention of the diamond knife
- William H. Phelps, Jr. - a notable American born Venezuelan ornithologist and businessman.
- William H. Phelps, Sr. - Venezuelan American ornithologist and businessman.
- L. Rafael Reif - Venezuelan electrical engineer and inventor. President of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Aldemaro Romero Jr. - biologist, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
- Gustavo Adolfo Romero - biologist, curator of Herbarium of Harvard University.
- Santiago Schnell - biophysical chemist and computational physiologist who holds an Associate Professorship in Molecular & Integrative Physiology at the University of Michigan.
- Andres Tremante - mechanical engineer of Florida International University.
- Ricardo Hausmann- economist, writer
- Leopoldo Martínez Nucete- economist, director of Center for Democracy and Development in the Americas (Miami, Florida)
- Moisés Naím- economist, Foreign Police chief editor, writer, TV-host.
- Antonio Arraiz- Venezuelan writer
- Perla Farías Lombardini- Telemundo writer
- Boris Izaguirre- writer and Telemundo TV host
- T. J. MacGregor - Venezuelan born writer
- Susana Rotker- writer, essaist
- Thor Halvorssen Mendoza - Venezuelan human rights advocate and film producer
- Nancy Navarro - Social activist. In 2010, President Obama appointed her to the Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for Hispanics.
- Victor Pineda (activist) - social development scholar and disability rights advocate.
- Luis Posada Carriles- Cuban born Venezuelan naturalized former CIA agent. Anticastrist activist.
- Jeanmarie Simpson - American peace activist and theatre artist. His father is Venezuelan.
- Sylvia Rivera - American bisexual transgender activist and trans woman
- Patricia Phelps de Cisneros- Art collector and philanthropist.
- Tobias Bluzmanis - Expert in locks and locksmithing.
- Melchor Centeno Vallenilla- Electrical engineer
- Muther, Christopher. "'SNL' star Armisen drums up a career in comedy", Boston Globe, January 30, 2004 (fee required for full article)
- Karni, Annie (2010-12-02). "Painting the Town Fred | New York Post". NYPOST.com. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- AP Photo (2012-01-05). "Photo from AP Photo - Fred Armisen, Hildegardt Gemer News, photos, topics, and quotes". 1click.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Fred Armisen: Biography," TV Guide, accessdate=2009-11-10.
- Press office. Maria Conchita Alonso Endorses John McCain JohnMcCain.com, October 31, 2008.
- "Fernando Michelena, photograph by Theodore C. Marceau". Libraries: Digital Collections. University of Louisville. Retrieved April 13, 2010.
- Manuel Azpurua Sosa
- Antonio Sano
- Eli Bravo
- Juan Vene
- "Ancestry of Peter Camejo". Wargs.com. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- Humberto Campins
- Melchor Centeno Vallenilla