|Genre||Comedy, slice of life|
|Written by||Rieko Saibara|
|Published by||Mainichi Shimbun|
|Original run||October 2002 – June 2017|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Mitsuru Hongo|
|Studio||Studio Gallop (eps. 1-96)
TYO Animations (eps. 97-142)
Dong Woo Animation (all episodes)
|Original network||TV Tokyo|
|Original run||April 1, 2009 – March 25, 2012|
|Released||February 5, 2011|
Mainichi Kaasan (毎日かあさん Mainichi Kāsan, literally translated as "Daily Mother" and officially given the name "Kaasan: Mom's Life" by Crunchyroll) is the title of a short gag manga by Rieko Saibara which has been serialized in the Mainichi Shimbun morning edition since October 2002. In 2005, the manga, along with Jōkyō Monogatari, won Saibara the Short story Award at the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prizes. The anime television series adaptation ran from April 1, 2009, until March 25, 2012 on TV Tokyo, airing on Wednesday 7pm to 7:30pm. Titular Kaasan was voiced by Kumiko Mori. It was also adapted into a live-action film in 2011 starring Kyōko Koizumi.
- 第9回 短編賞 西原理恵子『上京ものがたり』（小学館）『毎日かあさん』(毎日新聞連載）に対して (in Japanese). Asahi Shimbun. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- Kaori Shoji (3 February 2011). "Rieko Saibara: Manga artist's true-life tale of drugs, booze and cartoons". CNNGo. CNN. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "40th Japan Cartoonist Awards Honor Moto Hagio". Anime News Network. 2011-05-10. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Hotarubi no Mori e, 663114 Win at 66th Mainichi Film Awards". Anime News Network. 2012-01-17. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- Official Mainichi Kaasan manga website (in Japanese)
- Official Mainichi Kaasan anime website (in Japanese)
- Mainichi Kaasan (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|