|Maria Molina Timmer|
April 7, 1987
|Other names||Maria Timmer|
MeteorologyClimate and Society
|Alma mater||Columbia University (MA)|
|Employer||Fox News Channel|
Maria Molina Timmer (née Molina, born April 7, 1987) is a meteorologist. She was the on-air meteorologist for the Fox News Channel, a U.S. television network, from 2010 to 2016. She is now pursuing her PhD at Central Michigan University where she is also a graduate research assistant.
Molina was born in Nicaragua and grew up in South Florida. She attributes her interest in meteorology to her experience with Category 5 Hurricane Andrew, which hit her hometown in South Florida when she was 5 years old.
Molina graduated cum laude from Florida State University in 2008, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology and minors in Mathematics and Communications. While at Florida State University, she completed the University Honors Program and the Honors in the Major Program requirements.
Molina joined Fox News Channel in October 2010. She provided weather updates on many Fox shows and appeared regularly on the FOX & Friends morning show, until leaving the station in September 2016. She was credited as being the youngest meteorologist on cable in 2012. While at Fox News, she also appeared on the Fox Business Network, Fox News Radio, Fox News Latino, and Fox Sports Networks.
Currently a part time meteorologist at WJBK Fox2 in Detroit mainly on weekend newscasts.
- "Maria Molina | Biography". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Get to know Maria Molina! – FOX News Weather Blog". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "Inspiring Latina of the Week: Meteorologist Maria Molina". www.latina.com. Retrieved 2015-12-02.
- Chávez, Krystyna. "Interview With News Anchor Maria Molina". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- Fox News Channel biography and video clips
- Maria Timmer on Internet Movie Database
- Maria Timmer on Facebook
- Maria Timmer on Twitter
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|