Aéroport de Metz-Nancy-Lorraine
|IATA: ETZ – ICAO: LFJL|
|Operator||G.I.G.A.L. (Groupement Intercommunal de Gestion de l'Aéroport Lorrain)|
|Serves||Metz and Nancy, France|
|Elevation AMSL||870 ft / 265 m|
Lorraine region in France
Sources: French AIP
Metz–Nancy–Lorraine Airport or Aéroport de Metz–Nancy–Lorraine (IATA: ETZ, ICAO: LFJL) is an airport serving the Lorraine région of France. It is located in Goin, 16.5 km southeast of Metz, (both communes of the Moselle département) and north of Nancy (a commune of Meurthe-et-Moselle). It opened to the public on October 28, 1991 and replaced Nancy–Essey and Metz–Frescaty airports.
The airport is open 24/7. The runway was lengthened to 3050 m and refurbished in mid-2006 to be able to handle all types of large aircraft. The terminal building is about 7500 sqm and could accommodate up to 500,000 passengers per year with 14 check-in desks, 2 gates (a third one will be added soon) and 2 luggage claim belts. The cargo terminal is 3,600 sqm and could handle up to 60,000 tons of freight per year. The airport was a regional hub for DHL from 2000 to 2006, with flights to Toulouse, Nice, Marseilles, Cologne, Brussels, Paris, Vitoria and East-Midlands.
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal: Heraklion|
Seasonal: Constantine, Oran
operated by HOP!
Seasonal: Calvi, Figari
Charter: Lanzarote, Marrakech, Olbia, Palma de Mallorca
|Twin Jet||Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux|
A shuttle bus to Nancy and Metz meets every departing and arriving flight. The journey takes about 30 minutes and costs 8 euros.
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 20 Aug 2015. (
- "Jetairfly Flight Plan". Jetairfly.
- "Vols Vacances été - Programme PRINTEMPS-ETE 2015" (in French). Aéroport Metz Nancy Lorraine.
Media related to Metz–Nancy–Lorraine Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Aéroport Metz Nancy Lorraine (official site) (French)
- Aéroport de Metz–Nancy–Lorraine at Union des Aéroports Français (French)
- Airport information for LFJL at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Current weather for LFJL at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for ETZ at Aviation Safety Network