Location Map of Multan Cantt
Coordinates: 30.18°N 71.46°E
|Languages||Udru, Saraiki, Punjabi|
|Yaadgaar-E-Shauhda at Sher Shah road Multan Cantt|
Multan Cantt (Urdu:ملتان كينٹ) or Multan Cantonment is a cantonment in the Multan District, adjacent to Multan city, in Punjab province, eastern Pakistan. Multan cantt is located in the city's southwest, having coordinates 30.18°N 71.46°E.
The cantonment contains Bazaars including Sadar Bazaar for shopping having many shops, commercial buildings and super markets and restaurants. It have railway station and international airport. The cantonment have the biggest park of the city, Cantonment Garden, also called Cantt Garden or Company Garden. The Jheel (lake) at Fort Park is also located in Multan Cantt. There are also many villas and housing schemes started in the city. It have schools, colleges and many educational institutions.
- 1 Bazaars
- 2 Gardens
- 3 Mosques
- 4 Churches
- 5 Commercial Buildings and Markets
- 6 Hospitals
- 7 Educational Institutions
- 8 Flyovers and Roads
- 9 Sports
- 10 Railway Station
- 11 International Airport
- 12 See also
- 13 References
Sadar Bazaar is the second most eminent market of Multan Cantt after Hussin Agahi. This bazaar holds premium products which are not obtainable someplace in Multan. It holds about all the possessions of everyday use, therefore containing all sorts of shops like cloth houses, electronic shops, perfume shops etc. Sadar Bazaar road is a one way road extended from Tipu Sultan Road to Mehfooz Chowk.
Things on Sadar Bazaar:
- She Shop
- Mehboob Bakers
- Rays Garments Multan
- Mehfooz Pan Shop
- Salman Brothers Army Shield Maker
- Tipu Sultan Road
- Ghani Bukhari Road
- Opal Shaheed Road
Chodi Bazaar, also an eminent market of Multan Cantt, known for the street of bangles, and also refers as Sadar Bazaar. It also contains many shops including shops of bangles, clothes, jewelry, laces and earrings.
Sarafa Bazaar started at the end of Sadar Bazaar. It is also a One-way road extended from Mehfooz Chowk to Bomanji Chowk. Sarafa Bazaar is also known as "Dahi Bhalla Bazaar" because it have many Dahi Bhalla shops there. It also have shops of canvas, shoes, sports and medical stores.
- Opal Saheed Road
- Nusrat Road
Cantt Garden also known as Cantonment Garden or Company Garden is the biggest and most beautiful garden in Multan. It is located on club road near Service club, called MGM. It is contains jogging tracks for jogging, canteens for light foods and kindergartens rides, slides and swings for children. The garden has fountains, trees and mini zoo.
A Flower show holds every year in the month of March and April for the welcome of spring season. It includes exhibition of beautiful and colorful flowers. Live singing and dancing concerts also hold at night during flower show.
Fort park, also known as Chaman Zar Askari Lake or Jheel is located on Sher Shah road in Cantt. It also one of the beautiful park in Multan. It contains lake for boat riding, rides for children and elders, canteens and mini zoo.
Lalak Jaan Shaheed Park
Lalak Jaan Shaheed Park is located at Emperial Chowk near Cantonment Multan Hospital. It is the smaller park than Cantt Garden and Fort Park in Cantt. It holds for a tribute to Havaldar Lalak Jan Shaheed, the last and most recent recipient of Nishan-e-Haider.
Cantt consists of a number of beautiful mosques. Cantt Eid Gah Mosque is the biggest mosque of Cantt. Following is the list of Mosques in Multan Cantt:
- Cantt Eid Gah Mosque Nusrat Road
- Laal Masjid/Jamia Masjid Cantt
- Ghousia Majid Allama Iqbal Town
- Masjid Fatimat-ul-Zahra Bohra Street
- Masjid Abu Muhammad Mall Road
- Masjid Anujuman Nusrat Road
- Masjid Ibraheem
- Madina Masjid
Cantt also has two churches
St. Mary's Cathedral & Bishop's House
St. Mary's Cathedral & Bishop's House is a cathedral, church. It is most beautiful and biggest church in Multan. It is located near Cantonment Multan Hospital opposite Federal Boys School branch 1.
Multan Cathedral is the church located at Aurangzeb Road opposite Federal Boys School branch 2 and also one of the beautiful church.
Commercial Buildings and Markets
- Bomanji Square
- Service Club Multan/Multan Garrison Mess
- Radio Pakistan
- Khan Center
- Khawar Center
- Mall Plaza
- Khan Plaza
- Fashion Mall
- City Center
- Cantonment Multan Hospital (CMH)
- Christian Hospital
- Army Public School
- FG Boys High School No.1
- FG Boys High School No.2
- FG Girls High School
- FG Public High School
- FG Public Junior High School
- Nusrat-ul-Islam Girls High School
- Nusrat-ul-Islam Boys High School
- Zaib Foundation High School
- Army Public Degree College for Boys
- FG Degree College for Boys
- FG Degree Women College
- Nusrat-ul-Islam Girls College
- Air University (Multan Campus)
- Cmh multan institute of medical sciences (CIMS)
Flyovers and Roads
- Yousuf Raza Gillani Flyover is longest flyover in Punjab province and 2nd largest flyover in Pakistan. Ground breaking of this flyover was done by former prime minister of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gillani on the new year ceremony on Saturday, 31 December 2011. It was built at a cost of around Rs.1.6 billion rupees. It is the part of Inner Ring Road Multan project. It is a four lane flyover with partitions. Two one ways of two lanes each. Length of the flyover is 1.6 km (excluding length of extra three ramps). There are three extra ramps connecting to the main flyover.
- Railway Flyover is an old flyover in Multan located on Cantt Railway Station. It extended from Aziz Hotel to Double Phatak Chowk.
|Abdali Road||S.P Chowk||Ghanta Ghar||Nawah Sheher, Fawara Chowk|
|Nusrat Road||Bomanji Chowk||S.P Chowk||Radio Pakistan, Christian Hospital|
|Sher Shah Road||Dera Adda||Sher Shah Interchange||Aziz Hotel, Cantonment Garden, Jheel, Garden Town, Muzaffarabad|
|Old Bahawalpur Road||S.P Chowk||Kalma Chowk||Tariq Road|
|Mall Road||Quied-e-Azam Road||Bomanji Chowk||Mall Plaza, Nusrat Road|
|Quied-e-Azam Road||Mall Road||Ghoora Chowk||Mall Plaza, Post office, Cantonment garden|
|Tipu Sultan Road||Sadar Bazaar||Ghoora Chowk||Army Headquarters, Talha Road|
|Qasim Bela Road||Emperial Chowk||Qasim Bela||SSS Line, Multan International Airport|
|Airport Road||Empiral Chowk||Chungi No.1||CMH Multan, Ayub Stadium, Multan International Airport, Lagaryal|
|Aurangzeb Road||Tipu Sultan Road||Grass Mandi||Quied-e-Azam Road, Sher Shah Road|
|Emperial Road||Emperial Chowk||S.P Chowk||Lalak Jaan Shaheed Park, Khan Plaza, Multan Church|
|Gujjar Khadda Road||Bomanj Chowk||Dera Adda||Afshar Colony, Tasty Hotel|
|Railway Road||Aziz Hotel||Haram Gate||Cantt Railway Station, Saddu Hasaam, Lakar Mandi, Chowk Shaheedan|
- Ayub Stadium
- CMH Sports Grounds
- Railway Ground
Multan Cantonment railway station or Multan Chaoni railway station is the principal railway station Multan, located on the railway road. It is a major railway station of Pakistan Railway located on Karachi-Peshawar main railway line. The station is staffed and has advance and current reservation offices. Food stalls are also located on it platforms.
Named Passenger Trains
|Bahauddin Zakaria Express||Multan-Karachi via Hyderabad and Rohri|
|Mehr Express||Multan-Rawalpindi via Kot Adu and Mianwali|
|Musa Pak Express||Multan-Lahore via Khanewal, Sahiwal, Okara, and Raiwand|
Multan International Airport is situated at Qasim Bela road. It was originally built to cater mainly to the population of Multan, however as the airport gained much popularity traffic from surrounding areas which included Shujabad, Vehari, Lodhran, Khanewal, Mian Channu, Shorkot, Muzaffargarh, Kot Adu, Layyah, Rajanpur, Burewala, Chichawatni and Sahiwal.
Airlines and destinations
- "Sadar Bazaar Multan".
- "Multan Cantt Garden".at travelmultan
- "Chaman Zar Askari Lake"., pk.geoview
- "Lalak Jan Shaheed Park"., pk.geoview
- "Inner Ring Road Project Multan". eaworld.com. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "MIAP | Multan International Airport - ملتان بین الاقوامی ہوائی اڈہ". multaninternationalairport.com.pk. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Air Arabia - Book cheap flights and value for money services | Air Arabia". airarabia.com. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Emirates Expands Pakistan Operation from July 2015". Airlineroute.net. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "Gulf Air Adds New Routes to Pakistan from mid-Dec 2015". Airlineroute.net. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- "PIA - Origin Specific Flight Schedule". piac.com.pk. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "PIA - Weekly Flight Schedule". piac.com.pk. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- http://www.eturbonews.com/56139/qatar-airways-unveils-three-new-destinations-pakistan Qatar Airways announces three more destinations in Pakistan