This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||128 m (420 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
|Number of towns||1|
|Number of Union councils||6|
Historically Khanewal is a relatively modern city having its earliest foundations laid by the British Empire owing to its importance as a railway junction. The city was a junction of the Khanewal–Wazirabad railway line and provided a connection to the city of Karachi via Lahore.
College and schools
Educational Institutes in Khanewal include
- Punjab Group of Colleges Khanewal
- Punjab College of Business Administration Peoples Colony
- The City School Senior and Junior branch
Notable people from Khanewal
- Location of Khanewal – Falling Rain Genomics
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Khanewal – Government of Pakistan Archived 2011-08-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- And also host to the Daha family and throne District Profile: Southern Punjab- Khanewal – Dawn, Pakistan
- Glossary Of The Tribes And Castes Of The Punjab And North-west Frontier ... By H.A. Rose Page 219
- Punjab – Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 20, p. 324.