|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 3214|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Vehicle registration||WB-xx xxx|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sreerampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Jagatballavpur|
Munsirhat is located at
It is a station in the Howrah–Amta section of Kolkata Suburban Railway system. This area has two railway stations, Munshirhat and Mahendralalnagar. A later station is about 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) away from the main town, but between the village of Dhasa and Ballavbati. Munsirhat is 39.57 kilometres (24.59 mi) from Howrah Station.
Munsirhat has about fifty units manufacturing spectacles. It is one of the markets of the district. four Nationalized bank SBI,BOI, Uco bank and Allahabad Bank have their branch functioning here. The SBI and Uco Bank branches are close to the munshirhat Bus Stop in Howrah-Amta bus route, while allahabad bank branch is close to the Munshirhat railway station in Purbasha Building
Munshirhat Brahmanpara Chintamoni Institution (Est. in 1923) is the only higher secondary school. There are a number of govt. aided free primary schools.
- "Aiming for Amta". irfca.org. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Distances in kilometers between stations" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 2009-02-07.[dead link]
- "Centre for Communication and Development". The Spectacles of doom. CCD-Kolkata (India). Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Primary Hats/Markets of District". West Bengal State Marketing Board. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- Santra, Tarapada and Bandopadhyay, Amiya Kumar, Howrah Jelar Purakirti (in Bengali), pp. 115–116, Government of West Bengal