|• Type||Selection Grade Town Panchayat|
|• Chief Minister||Selvi.Dr. J. Jayalalithaa|
|• Member of Legislative Assembly||M.Govindarasu|
|• Town President||N.Ashokkumar|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 49|
pinnavasal councilor. C.C.Neelakandan ex president of pinnavasal
Peravurani (பேராவூரணிis a panchayat town in Thanjavur district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the administrative headquarters of the Peravurani Taluk. It is a selection grade town panchayat.
Peravurani is located at  It has an average elevation of 16 metres (52 feet)..
- This town lies in the new delta region of River Cauvery.
- This region is irrigated by Kallanai Kalvai and its distributories.(Canals built by the British to carry water from Grand Anaicut to this region)
- This area mostly consists of Alluvial soil.
At the 2001 India census, Peravurani had a population of 21,025. Males constituted 49% of the population and females 51%. Peravurani has an average literacy rate of 70%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 63%. In Peravurani, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Peravurani means "big pond", deriving from the Tamil words periya meaning big and oorani meaning a pond or a tank.This water body can be viewed within the vicinity of the town.
- Agriculture is the main economy of this region.
- Rice is extensively grown here and is the staple of this people.
- This area is the highest producer of coconut in the state.
- Coir industry is also an important livelihood of people here due to the large generation of coconut byproducts.
- Banana,Gingelly,sugarcane,Groundnuts and coconuts are exported domestically and internationally.
- Dairy and Dairy products are also a major source of income in this region.
- The nearby village Mavadukurichi is known for its rich dairy products.Everyday this village yields a large volume buffalo milk that is being distributed to other villages. *People in this area are very much addicted to sea food that is brought from nearby coastal towns such as Mallipattinam, Adirampattinam, Sethubavachatiram and Muthupettai by road to the Peravurani town fish market.At the start of the summer when all the lakes dryup fresh water fish business commences.
- Since agriculture is extensively practised only agrarian based industries are common in this region.
- The villages around this town are very beautiful as they are surrounded by coconut plantations.
- Manora, an eight storied victory tower built by the Maratha King Serfoji in 1814 to commemorate the victory of the British over Napoleon Bonaparte at Waterloo, is a well known tourist destination. The name Manora is derived from the minaret meaning small minar. From the top of this tower, one has a panoramic view of the palm-fringed Bay of Bengal. The tower has also served as a lighthouse. Manora is located about 15 km east of Peravurani.
- Lord Sri Neelakanda Vinayagar Templeis a very famous pilgrimage spot. This temple is famous for its chitrapournami Thiruvizha which is celebrated in the start of hot summer.
It is so crowded during the festival that one cannot enter into the temple premises. The nearest airport Tiruchirappalli lies about 96.5 km northwest of the town and it has its own railway station with local trains connecting Karaikkudi and Mayiladuthurai but for longer travels you have depend upon on Thanjavur station which is 69.7 km or Tiruchirapalli which is 103 km.
- Adhanur St Anne's Church is located in the village of Adhanur which is very close (2 Kilo Meters) to Peravurani. It has new church in big size and offering the Mass (Pooja) in a daily manner.
- Aathalur Shri Veeramahakaliamman temple and a Shiva temple is located in this village which is very close to Peravurani town.You will see the entrance arch of this temple near the Govt boys higher secondary school on the Pattukottai-Peravurani Highroad.
- Aanaikkadu Sri Lakshmi Temple (இளநீர் கோயில்) is located in this village. Every Tamil month of Aani 03 (ஆனி-03) is the festival for this Temple. That time lots of without Kids couples coming to there. They are mixing Lemon, Neem leaf and Sacred ash with Tender Coconut and giving to them. They have to drink it. Next year definitely they are having the cute Kid and come to there with full happiness. Countless couples gain got Child's for this temple.
- Avanam with major population of Thevars( Agamudaiyars) and Islamic people. Muthariyars and Adi Dravidar communities also form a considerable part of the population. One of the key persons for the development of Avanam was Mr. Marimuthu Thevar, Ex-President, a scholar and a school class mate of Late Indian President Hon'ble R. Venkatraman. Avanam shares the border with neduvasal village (pudukottai district). All buses that go from pattukottai to aranthangi,peravurani to pudukottai have pass by this village.Shri Muthumariamman temple and Sri Periyanayaki amman kovil and Jummah masjid are located here .Also lot of Village deities such as Sri Ayyanar , Sri Veerpathirar , Sri Thoondi karan , Sri Karuppanan swamy , Ezhu Kannimar , Sri Panikkar , Ellai Amman koil etc., are worshipped . All communities shares good relationship with each other .Harmony is prevailing among them for many decades which is a very praise-worthy and it can be called as Unity in Diversity .
- Kalathur(consists of Nadangadu & Sithukkadu village units) Shri Muthumariamman temple,Balamurugan Temple,Shri Narayani Amman temple,Shri Ayyanar temple, Shri Sannasiaiyya temple and Pattavar temple, Sri Agni Kaliyamman temple is located in this village.It is connected by buses to Peravurani and Pattukottai.This village also has shopping street that is approximately 200metres in length with medical shop, tea shops,grocery shops,panchayat office,cycle repair centre and a small restaurant.'Vaigasi vishaka perunththiruvizha'is a famous festival celebrated in Shri Muthumariamman temple during Tamil month of Vaigasi(May–June).
- Kundamaraikadu ( Birthplace of Indian Politician THEVAR, SHRI V. VAIRAVA - Indian National Congress, better known as VV.)
- Kalluranikkadu Sri Karupanasamy and Nodiayya temples are famous for their festivals during June month.
- Kuruvikkarambai with 15 to 30 shops with a reputed government hospital. It has a non functioning old cinema theatre.Here there are several temples such as Madathuvasal murugan temple,Muthumariamman temple,kamatchi amman temple Shri meyyappan swamy temple,market and a durgah.It has a very lake named Periyakulam.Kuruvikarambai is famous for its condiments like Karasev and sugarsev.Famous comedian Karunas was a parota master in the Kuruvikarambai theatre in its functioning days.
- MarungappallamArulmigu Shri Oushadapureeshwarar and Periyanayaki Amman temple is located here with its beautiful theppakulam(tank).
- MAVADUKURICHI This village is situated near peravurani, 2 km away on the ponkadu road. This village has Primary Hospital, Agasapillaiyar temple is located on this village very powerful god on this village. and surrounding of this village is a good nature of the peravurani. this village belongs to SRI SANKARA MUTT.
- Karambakkadu ( The perfect place of sight seeing - coconut trees and many temples namely Vinayagar temple, Ayyanar temple and one more durga also present here. ,)
- Nadiyam -This village around to 8 km from peravurani. Famous temple of shree muthumari amman temple is located here.
Nariyangadu This village is situated near Thiruchitrambalam, 2 km away on the peravurani road. This village has shopping street that is approximately 100 metres in length with medical shop, tea shops,grocery shops,cycle repair centre, two wheeler workshop, rice flour mill and a small restaurant.
- Ottangadu Sri Valli Devasena supramaniyan temple is located on this village.Near by this village no more any other Murugan temple
- Pinnavasal(Punnai-vana-Vaayil: Ancient Name),Total population belongs to Thevar community(Agamudayar) and also called as Thai-Gramam for the villages including Sengamangalam, ammaiyandi and koratur. Shri Mazhai Muthu Mariamman temple is located in this village, which is believed to be very powerful goddess. Pinnavasal also has age old siva temple (Agatheeswarar), ponniyamman temple, Karupasammy and Ayanarsammy temple.
Shri kannaayeramoorthy temple is located in this village which is very close to the chinna rettavayal. You will see the entrance arch of this temple entrance and pillaiyar temple amman temple near the bus stop.sambava moorthy temple is located in between rettavayal and chinna rettavayl.2 river and 3 lake's located around rettavayal bus stop.
- Seevankurichi (Belong to Pazhayanagaram grama panchayat)
Famous Shri Muthumariamman temple and Shri Adaikkalam katha Iyyanar temple are located here.
Birth place of veteran Gandhian and freedom fighter Serubalakkadu Shri.R.Sambamoorthy Iyer., who was born on Monday, 18.06.1917. Iyer was fondly remembered as Father of the village.He is called as Periya Iyer in the places nearby.He was closely associated to Karambakkadu Shri.A.Vairavan Servai Ex. MP and Kundamaraikkadu Shri.V.Vairava Thevar Ex. MP. Iyer was associated with former Chief Ministers of TamilNadu Shri.K.Kamaraj and Shri. M.G.Ramachandran. Both of them call Iyer as Serubalakkadu Periyavar. Iyer was beyond caste, creed, race etc. The entire family of Iyer commands good respect in the village. Iyer and his wife Smt.Meenakshi Ammal were worshiped as Father and Mother of the village Community and all their domestic functions were carried out with the first blessings from Iyer and Amma. Karisavayal Janob. Mohamed Sultan Rawother who was a strong admirer and friend of Iyer supporting him in all his social endeavours. Admiring the social concerns of Iyer, Sethubavachatiram Union Ex.Chairman., a politician and follower of Gandhian principles Kuruvikarambai Shri.A.Palanivelu used to address Iyer as Namma ooru Akbar Sastri.
- Thenangudi covered with skykissing coconut trees .(Etymology:settlement under coconut trees ) Here there are two Shri Kalabhairavar swami temples and old murugan temple.
- ThiruchitrambalamThis is most urbanised village with schools,banks,financial enterprises,Fastfood centres,automobile workshops,bakeries fancy item shops and so on. You will find Thiru chitrambalam(Shiva) and Periyanayaki amman temple here.This village is
situated on the Aranthangi-Pattukottai high road so it is well connected with all parts of Tamil Nadu.
- THURAIYUR:thuraiyur village border east side bay of bengal west udayanadu north side and south side marungapallam and marakkavalasai.
SRI AYYANAR TEMPLE is a big temple in thuiraiyur village.this is historic temple.this temple festivel in hot summer time .sithirapovurnami thiruvila enjoy surrounding area guys.this village also having sri MARIYAMMAN temple,sri PILLAYAR temple,sri SAMPAN temple,sri KALIYAMMAN temple . it is a beautiful village with unity in people. nadar,thevar,mutharayar are majority in this village.thuraiyur village living in all community people.
- Veerayankottai.(28 meters. Above Seal level Located in between the big roads from Peravurani to Sethubhavachathiram and Peravurani to Mallipatinam, and also has the second biggest Lake in peravurani area after the Kandi kulam,famous Temples like Muthumariamman, Vinayagar(Located in the centre of the Lake), Kathayiamman, Ayyanar Kovil and Ammaiyeppan kovil. *
Veeramakaliyamman temple is a famous temple.madhu festival is a famous fest celebrated in this temple.
*Nadiyam is a village panchayat located in the Thanjavur district of Tamil-Nadu state,India. The latitude 10.2586749 and longitude 79.2610574 are the geocoordinate of the Nadiyam. Chennai is the state capital for Nadiyam village. It is located around 334.7 kilometer away from Nadiyam.. The other nearest state capital from Nadiyam is Pondicherry and its distance is 197.0 km. The other surrounding state capitals are Pondicherry 197.0 km., Thiruvananthapuram 311.9 km., Bangalore 354.1 km
Route:Tambaram,Vandaloor,Chengalpattu,Madurantakam,Melmaruvathur (Om Shakti Temple),Tindivanam,Ozhukarai,take turn on NH45C that is 2.8 km from the Ozhukkarai bypass road, travel on NH45C towards Panruti,continue on NH 45C towards Kumbakonam,then travel on SH66 towards Mannargudi,Pattukottai.
Buses from Chennai:Raahath travels,Anbu Travels,Bhagyalakshmi Travels,Narayanamoorthi Travels,TNSTC and SETC.
Route:Travel on Hosur road (NH-7)Hosur,Krishnagiri,Dharmapuri,Salem,Namakkal:turn inside Namakkal town,travel on Namakkal to Thottiyam on SH 25,then continue SH25 and cross the Kaveri river using Periyar Bridge and you will reach NH 67 keep travelling across Kulithalai,Pethavathalai,Jeeyapuram,Mutharasanallur,Tiruchirapalli chatram bus stand,college road,travel on Madurai road,reach Pazhakkarai, Melaputhur,reach the GAndhi Statue on the junction of Bharadhidasan road and bharathiyar road, take left there and reach Tvs Tollgate cross NH 45 and reach Subramaniapuram on NH 210 toward Pudukottai, travel on SH71 toward Alangudi.
There are no direct buses from Bangalore to Peravurani
Route:Coimbatore,Travel on NH 67,Palladam,Karur,Kulithalai,Pethavathalai,Jeeyapuram,Mutharasanallur,Tiruchirapalli chatram bus stand,college road,travel on Madurai road,reach Pazhakkarai, Melaputhur,reach the GAndhi Statue on the junction of Bharadhidasan road and bharathiyar road, take left there and reach Tvs Tollgate cross NH 45 and reach Subramaniapuram on NH 210 toward Pudukottai, travel on SH71 toward Alangudi.
Buses from Coimbatore:
Atlantic International School,veeriyankottai.
- Govt.High School, Kalluranikkadu
- Govt. High school, paingal.
- Govt. Boys Higher Secondary School, Peravurani.
- Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School, Peravurani.
- Govt. High School, Pinnavasal.
- Govt. High School, Kondraikkadu.
- Govt. Higher Secondary School, Kuruvikkarambai.
- Govt. High School, Kalathur.
- Muvender Matric and Higher Secondary School, Sengamangalam
- Govt High School, Sengamangalam.
- Punitha Arockia Annai Higher Secondary School, Punalvasal
- Augest Zion School, Peravurani
- Govt. Higher Secondary school, Avanam
- Govt. High school, Udaiyanadu
- Rajarajan Primary & Nursury School, Udaiyanadu
- govt .high secandary school perumagalur,
- Sri Venkateswara CBSE School, Peravurani
- Dr.J.C.Kumarappa Centenary vidya Mandir,Peravurani(Town)
- Kalaimagal higher secondary school,Thiruchitrambalam.
- V.U Chidambaram Nursery and Kindergarten,Kalathur.
- Kalaivaani primary bschool,Sithukkadu,kalathur.
- Veerappa Matric and Higher Secondary School, Peravurani
- Govt.middle school, Rettavayal.
- St.Anne's high school, Adhanur
- Govt High school,Nadiyam
- Govt High school,Sornakkadu
• LEOS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL,SENGAMANGALAM
- Sri Venkateswara College of Arts & Science, Peravurani
- Dr.Kalam Polytechnic College, Avanam
- Government Arts And Science College, Peravurani
- SMR East Coast College of Engineering and Technology
- Anna University Pattukottai Campus(AU-PKT) is located in the coastal village of Rajamadam on the ECR Road
The only cinema theatre in Peravurani is Aadi Muthu Sarosa theatre(thiraiarangam)with one screen and 5 shows every day and only Tamil movies are viewed here.You can reach this theatre if you travel 550m on the Avanam-Peravurani (SH-71 Musiri-Kulithalai-Manaparai-Pudukottai-Peravurani-Sethubavachatiram) Highroad . During chitrapournami thiruvizha in the month of April there are many stage dance performances,singing performances from pioneer singers of Kollywood,speeches given by actors and actresses,the giant wheel and other similar rides that u will find in amusement parks.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peravurani.|
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Peravurani
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.