|Launched||18 January 2016|
|Closed||31 May 2017|
|Network||Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland|
|Owned by||RTL Group|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
RTL International was a German-speaking pay-TV channel of RTL Group targeted the global community of German-speaking viewers and tourists with selected programmes from domestic TV channels RTL Television, VOX, RTL Nitro and n-tv. The channel broadcast in non-European countries from January 18, 2016 to May 31, 2017. RTL International replaced RTL Television's previous offer in Southern Africa and Israel and also broadcast for the first time in Australia, Georgia, Canada and the USA.
RTL Group announced on 15 February 2017 that the broadcasting operation will be discontinued as of 31 May 2017. RTL stated that piracy of its content through streaming platforms such as Kodi was to blame, though it had also been offered in extra-cost "German tiers" of some pay-TV providers alone, pricing out viewers from its content.
- Bell TV - Canada
- Caucasus Online – Georgia
- Charter Communications – United States
- Deukom – Botswana, Mozambique, Seychelles und South Africa
- flip TV – Australia
- HOT – Israel
- Satelio – Ghana, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria, Seychelles und Togo
- Silknet – Georgia
- Telus TV - Canada
- Yes – Israel
- RTL International to launch on January 18. Broadband TV News, 4. Januar 2016.
- Timo Niemeier (2017-02-15). "RTL International wird bald schon wieder eingestellt". dwdl.de. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- Jörn Krieger (2017-02-15). "RTL International surrenders to piracy". dbroadbandtvnews.com. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- RTL International ist auf folgenden Plattformen abonnierbar. RTL International, 2016. Archived 2016-12-01 at the Wayback Machine. Abgerufen am 10. April 2016.
- "RTL International goes live". 19 January 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- Official website (in German)