Remembering Leonard Nimoy
|Remembering Leonard Nimoy|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Julie Nimoy, David Knight|
|Produced by||Julie Nimoy|
|Edited by||Ron Frank|
Health Point Productions
Remembering Leonard Nimoy: His Life, Legacy and Battle with COPD is a 2017 American biographical documentary film about Leonard Nimoy and his battle with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It was produced and directed by his daughter and son-in-law, Julie Nimoy and David Knight.
The film focuses on the life and career of actor Leonard Nimoy and his battle with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Narrated by his daughter Julie with special voice over provided by Star Trek actor John de Lancie. The goal of the producers was to celebrate Leonard Nimoy’s life and continue his wish to create awareness and prevention for COPD. The film features interviews with his immediate family, personal physician, private nurse along with lung disease experts. 
In January 2014, Leonard Nimoy appeared on the Piers Morgan (CNN) show announcing that he had and was suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. From that point on Leonard Nimoy acted as an advocate and activist for COPD, frequently posting on social media to educate his followers about COPD and the dangers of smoking. It was this that resulted in Julie Nimoy and David Knight's idea for a film whose original vision was to focus on COPD and Leonard Nimoy's ongoing battle with the progressive disease. With the death of Leonard Nimoy in 2015, the focus of the film was expanded to become a remembrance of Nimoy's life.  With the assistance from both commercial and private contributors, Julie Nimoy and David Knight began production in January 2016.   The film had a number of working titles including ''COPD: The Logical Way to Improve Lung Function and Breathe Better'', "COPD: Highly Illogical - A Special Tribute to Leonard Nimoy" and "Remembering Leonard". The documentary’s first trailer and poster were released in February 2017.
A preliminary version of the film was screened April 23, 2017 at the Newport Beach Film Festival and was followed by a Q & A with Leonard’s family. On June 2017, it was announced that American Public Television acquired the rights to distribute Remembering Leonard Nimoy to PBS stations across the country beginning November 1, 2017.  
- "WATCH: New 'Remembering Leonard Nimoy' Trailer | TREKNEWS.NET". TREKNEWS.NET. 2017-02-05. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Ulanoff, Lance. "Remembering Leonard Nimoy looks at the full life and private struggle of a beloved actor". Mashable. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "COPD: Highly Illogical - A Special Tribute to Leonard Nimoy". FirstGiving. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "COPD: Highly Illogical-A Tribute to Leonard Nimoy". Indiegogo. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Julie Nimoy's COPD Film Is a Tribute to Dad, Leonard Nimoy". Newsmax. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Two Years Later... Julie Nimoy Remembers Her Dad". StarTrek.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Remembering Leonard Nimoy - The Newport Beach Film Festival". The Newport Beach Film Festival. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Remembering Leonard Nimoy Doc To Start Airing Sunday". StarTrek.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Leonard Nimoy Documentary To Air Nationally On PBS". ComicBook. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "REMEMBERING LEONARD NIMOY". American Public Television. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Remembering Leonard Nimoy". WGBH | Remembering Leonard Nimoy. Retrieved 2018-02-07.