Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina micropolitan area
- Places with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Roanoke Rapids (Principal city)
- Places with 1,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Places with 750 to 1,000 inhabitants
- Places with 500 to 750 inhabitants
- Places with less than 500 inhabitants
- Unincorporated places
As of the census of 2000, there were 79,456 people, 30,813 households, and 21,261 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 41.60% White, 54.47% African American, 2.36% Native American, 0.42% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.44% from other races, and 0.68% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.93% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $26,556, and the median income for a family was $34,082. Males had a median income of $27,998 versus $20,854 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $14,612.
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)". 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Archived from the original (CSV) on June 15, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.