Approaching the SLS station
|Location||2535 Las Vegas Boulevard South|
|Line(s)||Las Vegas Monorail|
|Opened||July 15, 2004|
SLS station (originally Sahara) is a station on the Las Vegas Monorail, in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. The station is a side platform located at the Sahara Hotel and Casino. The Sahara Station could be reached in two ways: from inside the hotel via a hallway located behind the Casbar Theatre Lounge (closed on May 16, 2011) or from street level on Paradise Road behind the Sahara. The tracks just north of Sahara station were designed to provide access to a possible downtown extension of the monorail via the northern portion of the Las Vegas Strip in the area of the Circus Circus Las Vegas and the Riviera.
On March 11, 2011, the Sahara Hotel and Casino announced that it would close its doors May 16, 2011. On the same day of the Sahara's announcement, the Las Vegas Monorail Company announced that the Sahara Station would remain open after the closure of the Sahara.
- Fremont Street Experience (via RTC Transit ACE Gold Line)
- Stratosphere Observation Decks
- Stratosphere Tower Rides
- Curran, Stephen (July 15, 2004). "Las Vegas Monorail goes public". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved December 17, 2010.
- "Sahara's closure on May 16 will mark 'the end of an era'". Las Vegas Sun. March 11, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Sahara's closure could hurt monorail, but station will stay open". Las Vegas Sun. March 11, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Owners Secure 300 Million to Redevelop Sahara on Vegas Strip Casino will be Renamed SLS". Washington Post. May 1, 2012.[dead link]
|Preceding station||Las Vegas Monorail||Following station|
|Terminus||Las Vegas Monorail||
toward MGM Grand