State University of Semarang
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (January 2011)|
|Universitas Negeri Semarang|
|Motto||Universitas Berwawasan Konservasi dan Bereputasi Internasional|
Motto in English
|Conservation University with International Reputation|
|Prof. Dr. Fathurrokhman, M.Hum|
|Location||Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia|
The State University of Semarang (abbreviated Unnes) is a public university in the city of Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia. The university is located in Gunungpati, a highland area of Semarang, Central Java.
Unnes has eight faculties: Education, Language and Arts, Social Sciences, Mathematics and Science, Engineering, Sport Science, Economics, and Law.
- The basic symbol is the silhouette of a blooming lotus flower, with five rounded petals, yellow-rimmed black and gold, containing the meaning of philosophy of Pancasila and unity as a way of life Unnes.
- Wings unfurled yellow gold with six strands, which implies the development Unnes stems from the eight faculty.
- Tugu Muda imaging silhouette in the center flanked by two wings of the identity of Semarang, the city where Unnes located.
- "Bokor Kencana" on wing spot footing, meaning Unnes campus as a place of science, technology, arts, and sports.
- Multilevel flower buds of three, white, red, and yellow, meaning Tri Dharma University, namely education, research, and community service performed Unnes.
- Writings "Universitas Negeri Semarang" white implies purity of devotion and truth in the development of science, technology, arts, and sports.
- Writings Unnes red implies a spirit in the development of science, technology, arts, and sports.
Semarang State University (formerly known as Teachers' Training College) was established in 1965 in Semarang, the old town which is the provincial capital of Central Java. With six colleges and one graduate program, Unnes educates around 21,000 students who are scattered in the levels of Diploma, Bachelor, and Post-Graduate.
Semarang State University started with the establishment of institutions of teacher education over the SMTA. Teacher education institutions are:
BI Course and Course B-II Middelbaar Onderwijzer A Cursus (MO-A) and Middelbaar Onderwijzer B Cursus (MO-B) is an educational institution set up by the Dutch colonial government aims to prepare teacher's SMTP and SMTA. Course MO MO-A and-B was held in Semarang until 1950. MO Course be Course BI-A and MO-B Course Course B-II made that held until 1960.
Faculty of Teacher Training and Education (Guidance and Counseling) and High School Sports (STO) On January 1, 1961, BI Course and Course B-II integrated into the University of Diponegoro become a Faculty of Teacher Training and Education (Guidance and Counseling). In 1963, the Department of Physical Education which was originally part of the Course B-II was split into the High School Sports (STO), which stands alone under the Ministry of Sports. Teacher and the Science Education Institute (IKIP), Yogyakarta, Semarang branch IKIP IKIP Semarang Semarang During standing, there have been developments as follows:
Extension Course and IKIP Tegal, Semarang branch. Founded in several places, both inside and outside the city of Hyderabad to meet the aspirations of primary teachers, SMTP and SMTA who want to continue studies teacher at the Teachers' Training College Hyderabad.
Integration of educational institutions and the Cultural Construction Updates (LP3K) and Tinggo School Sports (STO) LP3K established by the Ministry of Education and Culture with the aim to relevance formal education in the villages.