|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Communipaw article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Length:||1.94 mi (3.12 km)|
|East end:||Liberty State Park (HBLR station)|
|West end:||NJ 440|
Wikipedia does not include redundant state maps for municipalities let alone city neighborhoods; info included in inset which is sufficeint.Too large:photos should correspond with sub section.Djflem (talk) 09:03, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
- New Jersey is an oddball for its use of county maps for unincorporated communities in the state; a quick glance around the nation shows that the vast majority use only state maps. New Jersey's wikipedia editors are very insular in their tendencies and references, and a greater uniformity should exist across the country. Famartin (talk) 09:05, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
- There should not be a "New Jersey" consensus on anything. There should be a national consensus, at minimum, since Wikipedia is a "global" organization. New Jersey is not special. In any case, the consensus would be to actually show a map of the city which depicts the district/neighborhood as a highlighted area. Note this only applies to cities, so would only apply to Communipaw (not Babbitt, which is a township). Famartin (talk) 23:00, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
Can you explain the neighbourhoods in these templates? And direct me to the discussion about the consensus to which you are referring?
- You misinterpret my meaning of "consensus". I have seen no discussion, but the most common map showing up in neighborhood maps is one showing the city with the neighborhood highlighted. Obviously, that requires work, and a lot of that work hasn't been done.Famartin (talk) 02:27, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Consensus as defined by Wikipedia. If you say the the "most common" is "showing the city with the neighborhood highlighted", why are you adding state maps?Djflem (talk) 07:25, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- Because: 1) These pages had *no* maps before I worked them, so either way I've improved the pages; 2) For consistency's sake, I've added both county and state maps to all the NJ unincorporated community pages I've gone through, since its obvious that some users prefer county, some prefer state, add both and everyone is happy (or, so I thought). Famartin (talk) 07:53, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Communipaw. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100705114811/http://www.state.nj.us/dep/hpo/1identify/lists/hudson.pdf to http://www.state.nj.us/dep/hpo/1identify/lists/hudson.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.