Tegra Note 7
|Manufacturer||EVGA (US), ADVENT (UK), Gigabyte (AU,NZ,TW), Homecare Technology and Colorfly (China), Xolo (India), Gradiente (Brazil), HP (HP Slate 7 Extreme), Cherry Mobile (Philippines)|
|Type||Mini tablet computer|
|Release date||19 November 2013|
|Introductory price||US$199 UK£129|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) (Upgradable to Android 5.1 through OTA updates by NVIDIA)|
|System-on-chip used||Nvidia Tegra 4|
|CPU||1.8 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A15|
|Memory||1 GB DDR3L-1600 (12.8 GB/s)|
|Storage||16 GB internal eMMC, microSD card reader|
|Display||7 inches (18 cm) 1280 × 800 px(216 ppi) IPS LCD|
|Graphics||72 GeForce graphics cores (24 vertex shaders + 48 pixel shaders)|
|Sound||Front stereo speakers with NVIDIA PureAudio|
|Input||10-point multi-touch capacitive DirectTouch screen, front microphone, 9-axis accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, ambient light sensor, GPS|
|Camera||Front: VGA 0.3 MP, 480p
Rear: HDR 5 MP, Autofocus 1080p HD
|Connectivity||2.4 GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, micro USB 2.0, micro HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack|
|Power||4100 mAh (15.17 W·h)|
|Dimensions||4.68 inches (11.9 cm) (w)
7.83 inches (19.9 cm) (h)
0.37 inches (9.4 mm) (d)
|Weight||0.7 pounds (320 g)|
|Related articles||Shield Tablet, Shield Portable|
Revealed on September 18, 2013, EVGA was the first to partner with Nvidia for release on November 19, 2013. Other manufacturers Nvidia has partnered with include Advent, ZOTAC, PNY, Gigabyte, Xolo HP and Cherry Mobile.
The device is known as EVGA Tegra Note 7 in the US, Advent Vega Tegra Note 7 in the United Kingdom, Gradiente Tegra Note 7 in Brazil, Gazer Tegra Note 7 in Ukraine and Russia, Gigabyte Tegra Note 7 in Australia and New Zealand, Cherry Mobile Tegra Note 7 in the Philippines and XOLO PLAY Tegra Note 7 in India. HP has rebranded the Tegra Note 7 as the HP Slate 7 Extreme.
The Note 7 uses a 1.8 GHz quad-core Tegra 4 chipset with 1 GB of RAM; Nvidia claims that the chipset and other improvements make it the fastest 7-inch tablet on the market offering 50% faster browsing experience than tablets twice the price. Notable features of the device include enhanced capacitive "DirectStylus" technology that is three times more responsive, premium Tegra 4 audio processing with PureAudio, and world's first HDR camera in a tablet with Nvidia Chimera computational photography. The 1280×800 display use Nvidia PRISM 2 display processing, which modulates the display backlight and per-pixel color values to extend battery life 40% for up to 10 hours of HD video playback.
Nvidia released Tegra Note 7 System Update 3.0(Android 5.1) on July 23, 2015.
- "EVGA Tegra Note 7 Review: Nvidia's Tegra 4 For $200". Tom'sHardware. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "NVIDIA Details Tegra 4 and Tegra 4i Graphics". PCPerspective. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "NVIDIA Tegra Note 7 Review". AnandTech. Retrieved 28 March 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "AnandTech" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Questions about Tegra Note 7". AndroidCentral. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "NVIDIA Reveals Tegra Note – Complete Tablet Platform, Powered by Tegra 4". Nvidia. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "ZOTAC Joins Mobile Gaming Revolution". ZOTAC. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Hands-on TO THE EXTREME: HP Slate7 Extreme". Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Nvidia shows off Tegra Note 7 demo videos". Fudzilla. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "EVGA Tegra NOTE 7". EVGA. Retrieved 26 November 2013.