The Amazing Race Norge 1
|The Amazing Race Norge|
|Season run||11 April – 30 May 2012|
|Filming dates||9 January 2012|
|No. of episodes||13 (14 including highlights episode)|
|Presenter||Freddy dos Santos|
|Winning team||Morten Bjerke & Truls Bjerke|
|No. of legs||13|
|Distance traveled||50,000 km (31,000 mi)|
The first season of the reality television game show, The Amazing Race Norge featured eleven teams of two, with a pre-existing relationship, in a race around the world to win 500,000 kr and a Subaru XV for each team member for a total worth of 1,000,000 kr.
It premiered on 11 April 2012 at 20:00 (CEST) and aired twice a week, every Monday and Wednesday. The finale aired on 30 May 2012 at 21:40 (CEST), with a special Highlights episode on 3 June.
Brothers Morten and Truls Bjerke from Bodø were the winning team of the race.
- 1 Production
- 2 Results
- 3 Prizes
- 4 Race summary
- 4.1 Leg 1 (Norway → United Arab Emirates)
- 4.2 Leg 2 (United Arab Emirates → India)
- 4.3 Leg 3 (India)
- 4.4 Leg 4 (India → Thailand)
- 4.5 Leg 5 (Thailand → Vietnam)
- 4.6 Leg 6 (Vietnam)
- 4.7 Leg 7 (Vietnam → Australia)
- 4.8 Leg 8 (Australia)
- 4.9 Leg 9 (Australia)
- 4.10 Leg 10 (Australia → Hong Kong, China)
- 4.11 Leg 11 (Hong Kong, China → Macau, China)
- 4.12 Leg 12 (Macau, China → Kazakhstan)
- 4.13 Leg 13 (Kazakhstan → Norway)
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Development and filming
The race uses various colours for route markers; yellow and red, yellow and white, and yellow and green, whereas in the original version, a single colour scheme is used.
The non-elimination penalty is called a Handicap (Handikap). It affects teams by making a certain task in the next Leg harder for the team or by giving a penalty. For example, in the second Leg, Martha and Elise had to make 75 dung cakes instead of 50 and make a higher stack of dried dung cakes than the other teams in order to receive their next clue. In Leg 10, the team was required to do both detours.
This was the first International spin-off (and second edition to date) in which the location of the Starting Line was also the location of the Finish Line: Holmenkollbakken. The other edition to do so was the ninth season of the original version.
Applications were accepted from 11 October 2011 and ended on 31 October 2011.
The show's episodes 11–13 switched from its regular scheduled air dates and times slots for a football championship.
The Team's Video Blogs
Each team were given a video camera before the race. Teams could record a video diary during their free time, travels between destinations, or record reflections about the Leg, or even events after checking into the Pit Stop. These video blogs can be viewed on the website.
The following teams will be participating in the Race, with their relationships at the time of filming. Note that this table is not necessarily reflective of all content broadcast on television due to inclusion or exclusion of some data. Placements are listed in finishing order:
|Team||Relationship||Position (by Leg)||Roadblocks performed|
|Morten & Truls||Brothers||4th||1st||2nd||2nd||1st||6th||2nd||1st||1st||4th||1st||2nd||1st||Morten 5, Truls 6|
|Karim & Khabat||Mates||1st||9th||4th||1st||2nd||1st||1st||3rd||3rd||1st||3rd||1st||2nd||Karim 6, Khabat 5|
|Cathrine & Michelle||Best Friends||7th||2nd||1st||3rdε4,5||7th||5th||4th||5th||4th||2nd||2nd||3rd||3rd||Cathrine 45, Michelle 7|
|Frank & Ivar||Twins||8th||4th||3rd||7th||3rd||2nd||3rd||4th||2nd||3rd||4th||4th7||Frank 6, Ivar 5|
|Kari & Bjørn||Married||9th2||5th||5th||6th||4th||4th||5th||2nd||5th||5th||5th6||Kari 5, Bjørn 6|
|Tor Einar & Cathrine||Father/Daughter||6th||7th||7th||5th||5th||3rd||6th||6th||Tor Einar 3, Cathrine 5|
|Julie & Vichy||Dating||2nd||3rd||8th||4th||6th||7th||Julie 3, Vichy 3|
|Bjarne & Vilde||Friends||3rd||6th||6th||8th||8th||Bjarne 3, Vilde 2|
|Martha & Elise||Sisters||10th||8th||9th||Martha 2, Elise 1|
|Pål Christian & Ivar||Third Cousins||5th||10th3||Pål Christian 2, Ivar 0|
|Kenneth & Hakan||Co-workers||11th1||Kenneth 0, Hakan 0|
- A red team placement indicates that the team was eliminated.
- An underlined blue team placement indicates that the team came in last on a non-elimination Leg and were penalised with a Handicap (Handikap) in the next Leg.
- A purple ε indicates that the team decided to use the Express Pass on that Leg.
- ^ Kenneth & Hakan were the last team to complete the task at the Oslo Airport and were eliminated as per the provisions of Leg 1's rules (see below).
- ^ Kari & Bjørn initially arrived 4th, but were issued a 1-hour penalty for not travelling in an Abra boat from Dubai's Creek to the Gold Souk as the clue has specified. Five teams checked in during the penalty time dropping them to 9th place.
- ^ Pål Christian & Ivar were issued a 4-hour penalty for quitting the Roadblock. Already in last place, they were allowed to check in at to the Pit Stop and were eliminated without the 4-hour penalty being issued.
- ^ Cathrine & Michelle elected to use the Express Pass to bypass the additional task at the theatre in Leg 4.
- ^ Cathrine & Michelle initially arrived 1st, but were issued a 1-hour penalty for knocking over and picking through the thinner side of the ice block instead of it being left upright at the Roadblock. Karim & Khabat and Morten & Truls checked-in during the penalty time, dropping Cathrine & Michelle to 3rd place.
- ^ Kari & Bjørn were issued a 4-hour penalty for quitting the Handicap. Already in last place, they were allowed to check in at to the Pit Stop and were eliminated without the 4-hour penalty being issued.
- ^ Frank & Ivar arrived last at the Green Bazar during closing time and were unable to buy the ingredients for their final task. Instead, they were instructed to wait for Cathrine & Michelle to finish the task, they then go directly to the Pit Stop for elimination.
Individual prizes were awarded to the first team to complete certain Legs.
- Leg 3 – The Express Pass (Fripass) – an item that can be used on the race to skip any one task of the team's choosing up until the 8th Leg. If a team gets eliminated without using their Express Pass, the winner of the last leg gets the Express Pass.
- Leg 4 – 8,000 kr gift certificate from Hotels.com
- Leg 7 – 8,000 kr gift certificate from Hotels.com
- Leg 8 – 8,000 kr gift certificate from Hotels.com
- Leg 10 – 8,000 kr gift certificate from Hotels.com
- Leg 11 – 8,000 kr gift certificate from Hotels.com
- Leg 12 – 8,000 kr gift certificate from Hotels.com
- Leg 13 – 500,000 kr from Nordea and a Subaru XV for each team member.
|Destinations||Air travel Rail travel Water travel Bus travel|
|Route Markers||Veivalg (Detour) Veisperring (Roadblock) Snarvei (Fast Forward) Handikap (Handicap) Pitstop (Pit Stop)|
Leg 1 (Norway → United Arab Emirates)
Airdate: 11 April 2012
- Holmenkollen, Oslo, Norway, (Holmenkollbakken) (Starting Line)
- Oslo (Oslo Airport, Gardermoen) (Elimination Point)
- Oslo (Oslo Airport, Gardermoen) to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Dubai International Airport)
- Dubai (Camel Breeding Centre)
- Palm Jumeirah, Dubai (Atlantis, The Palm – Aquarium)
- Palm Jumeirah, Dubai (Atlantis, The Palm – Aquaventure – The Leap of Faith)
- Dubai (Atlantis Aquaventure) to (Gateway Station) by the Palm Jumeirah Monorail
- Dubai (Dubai Creek)
- Dubai (Dubai Gold Souk)
- Dubai (Al Nafi Jewellers, Mandavi Jewellery and Sona Jewellery or Dubai Harbour)
- Dubai (Burj Khalifa – Top entrance)
- Dubai (Burj Park)
The first Detour of the race was a choice between Karat (Carat) and Bære Smart (Smart Carry). In Karat, teams had to make their way to Al Nafi Jewellers who would give them a small bag with an address written on it (in Arabic). Once the teams got to the given address (Mandavi Jewellery), they would receive another bag with their next address. After delivering this bag to Sona Jewellery, they would receive their next clue. In Bære Smart, teams had to find a boat going from Dubai to Iran in the Dubai harbour. Once they found the boat, teams had to load ten large bags onto the boat in order to receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Starting Line, teams had to relate three phrases written in different languages (Russian, Arabic and Chinese) with the flags of the countries where they are spoken (Russia, United Arab Emirates and China). Then teams had to show the board to the presenter; if correct they would receive their next clue.
- At the Oslo Airport, teams had to search for one of only ten clues located in four different areas of the airport (Information Desk, Lost Property, the Café, and the Passengers Assistance). Each area had a limited number of clues, so if the teams asked for a clue in an area without clues they would have to go to the next area. The last team without a clue would not be given tickets to Dubai and was eliminated.
- At the Dubai International Airport, teams had to search for a camel owner named "Hassan". Once the team found Hassan, they would be driven to their next destination: the Camel Breeding Centre.
- At the Camel Breeding Centre, one team member had to ride a camel, while the other team member guided it through a designed course. Once the teams completed the course, they would receive their next clue.
- At the Leap of Faith located in the Aquaventure, teams had to slide down the water slide which dropped them six stories down a nearly 90° incline and through a tunnel beneath the aquarium's shark lagoon. At the bottom, teams would receive their next clue from the lifeguard.
- At the Dubai Creek, teams had to travel in an abra to the Dubai Gold Souk where they would find their next clue.
Leg 2 (United Arab Emirates → India)
Airdate: 16 April 2012
- Dubai (Dubai International Airport) to New Delhi, India (Indira Gandhi International Airport)
- Delhi (Sarai Kale Khan Inter State Bus Terminal) to Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Agra (Agra Fort)
- Agra (Katara Medical Store)
- Agra (Jain Carpet Industries and Diamond Carpets or J.K Cottage Industries)
- Agra (Kachpura Village)
- Agra (Taj Mahal – North side)
- Agra (Taj Mahal – North of the Yamuna River)
The leg's Detour was a choice between Ull (Wool) and Stein (Stone). In Ull, teams had to make their way to Jain Carpet Industries, then teams had to carry 50 kilograms of coloured wool to Diamond Carpets and exchange them for their next clue. In Stein, teams had to make their way to J.K Cottage Industries and using a special wetgrinder they had to grind small mosaic tiles to make them fit the small square in the middle of a stone circle. This Leg's Roadblock required one team member to complete a 120-piece jigsaw puzzle of the Taj Mahal, once they had completed the puzzle they could run to the Pit Stop.
- Additional tasks
- At Agra Fort, teams had to search for three kings located in different areas of the fort, each king would give the teams a different piece of a puzzle. When teams had the three parts of the puzzle, they had to decipher the message: Shah Jehan's wife is next to the black throne. Then teams had to search for the woman who would give them their next clue.
- Teams had to travel in a Tanga from the Agra Fort to the Katara Medical Store, where the cluebox was located.
- At the Kachpura Village, teams had to make 50 dung cakes and stack 200 dried dung cakes into a pile. For being Handicapped, Martha & Elise had to make 75 dung cakes and stack 300 of them into a pile.
Leg 3 (India)
Airdate: 18 April 2012
- Popliya Ky Dhany
- Jaipur, Rajasthan (Panna Meena ka Kund)
- Jaipur (Ramdulari Pandey ki Printing Factory)
- Jaipur (Lal Hathi Mandir (Red Elephant Temple))
- Jaipur (House No. 7)
- Jaipur (Nahargarh Fort)
In this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to search among scattered boxes at the Paana Meena Stepwell for a gem which they can use to exchange for their next clue. The leg's Detour was a choice between Langsomt og Vond (Slow and Painful) or Kort og Brutalt (Short and Brutal). In Langsomt og Vond, teams had to lie on a bed of nails. In Kort og Brutalt, teams had to walk across a bed of hot charcoals on fire.
- Additional tasks
- On the way to Jaipur, teams had to stop by a roadside village, Popliya Ky Dhany, where they had to make two pieces of an Indian flatbread called chapati.
- At the Ramdulari Pandey ki Printing Factory, teams had to use textile printing that would reveal their next destination. First they had to print a design on the textile, after that, they had to print messages (disguised in a Devanagari-like script), over the design which would instruct them to find the colouring-man who will give them a textile cloth with their next destination printed on it.
- At House No. 7, teams had to crush chili before they could receive their next clue.
Leg 4 (India → Thailand)
Airdate: 23 April 2012
- Jaipur (Jaipur International Airport) to Bangkok, Thailand (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Bangkok (Floating Market)
- Bangkok (Aksara Theatre)
- Bangkok (Nang Loeng market or Kickboxing Arena)
- Bangkok (Tha Maharatch)
- Bangkok (Democracy Monument)
- Bangkok (Wat Saket – Golden Mount)
The leg's Detour was a choice between Dandere (Scattered) or Maltraktere (Mangled). In Dandere, teams had to go to the Nang Loeng market and make a Thai garland called a phuang malai. In Maltraktere, teams had to attempt to break a piece of bamboo using Muay Thai.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to pick their way through a block of ice to get their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the floating market, teams had to purchase 1 kg, each, of dragon fruits, guavas, longans, monkey-apples, and starfruits before receiving their next clue.
- At the Aksara Theatre, teams had to learn to control a puppet in a play. If they were successful, they would receive their next clue.
- At the Democracy monument, teams had to count the number of cannons (75) surrounding the perimeter in order to receive their next clue.
Leg 5 (Thailand → Vietnam)
Airdate: 25 April 2012
- Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Hanoi, Vietnam (Noi Bai International Airport)
- Hanoi (Lenin Statue – Điện Biên Phủ Road)
- Hanoi (Hỏa Lò Prison (Hanoi Hilton))
- Hanoi (Bến xe Yên nghĩa Bus Station) to Phố Vác
- Phố Vác (Church)
- Le Mat, Hanoi (Quoc Trieu Restaurant)
- Hanoi (Flag Tower of Hanoi)
This leg's Detour was a choice between Bure Fugl (Birdcage) and Plukke Fugl (Pluck Birds). In Bure Fugl, teams had to make one of a local handicraft of the village, birdcages, before receiving their next clue. In Plukke Fugl, teams had to boil and pluck four chickens before they receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arriving in Vietnam, teams had to locate a statue of Vladimir Lenin in Điện Biên Phủ Road. There, they had to find "Lenin" and give him a coin in exchange for a clue with a photograph of American Senator John McCain in a flight suit. Using the photograph, teams had to figure out the location of the flight suit: Hỏa Lò Prison, popularly known as the Hanoi Hilton.
- At the Flag Tower of Hanoi, teams had to solve a large five-piece version of the Tower of Hanoi puzzle before checking into the Pit Stop. For being Handicapped, Bjarne and Vilde had to solve a six-piece version of the puzzle.
Leg 6 (Vietnam)
Airdate: 30 April 2012
- Hanoi to Huế
- Huế (Tomb of Tự Đức)
- Huế (Tomb of Minh Mạng)
- Huế (Tomb of Khải Định)
- Huế (Canh Dong Dali or Trung Tâm Giáo Dục Thường Xuyên Phú Yên)
- Huế (Quoc Hoc High School)
- Huế (Huế Citadel – Forbidden City)
In the Roadblock, one team member had to observe an example of a traditional Vietnamese bouquet, then search around the tomb for many flower girls who each had different flowers. They needed to return with exactly the same flowers, as well as the correct amount, and create a perfect replica of the bouquet to get the next clue.
In the Detour, teams chose between På Jordet (In the Ground) or På Bordet (On the Table). In På Jordet, teams had to guide a carabao around a muddy course. In På Bordet, teams had to travel to Trung Tâm Giáo Dục Thường Xuyên Phú Yên and learn how to properly make 50 sticks of Vietnamese incense.
- Additional tasks
- At the Tomb of Tự Đức, teams needed to search the massive complex for Tự Đức's grave. They would find their clues nearby, hanging out of reach, and needed to figure out how to get them down.
- At the Tomb of Khải Định, teams had to present the bouquet they made in the Roadblock to get their next clue.
- At Quoc Hoc High School, teams received a 30-minute massage.
- One team member had to ride a cyclo carrying their partner to the Pit Stop from the high school.
Leg 7 (Vietnam → Australia)
Airdate: 2 May 2012
- Da Nang (Marble Mountains – Vân Thông Cave)
- Da Nang (Da Nang International Airport) to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (Sydney Airport)
- Sydney (Port Botany – Port Botany Seaport)
- Sydney (Coogee Beach)
- Sydney (Coogee – Dunningham Reserve)
- Sydney (Rushcutters Bay Marina – EastSail)
- Sydney (Fort Denison)
The Detour was a choice between Ball or Bikini. Both detours had teams travel to Coogee Beach. In Ball, teams had to play a game of beach volleyball and score seven points. In Bikini, teams had to look for a woman wearing a bikini with an Australian flag, "the Aussie in a Cossie", who would give them their next clue.
In this Roadblock, one team member had to learn Australian slang from the Aussie on a bench (G'day mate! You look like a stunned mullet! I'm as dry as a dead dingo's donger. Have a go, ya mug!). If they had successfully repeated what they learned to a man nearby, they would receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Marble Mountains, teams had to search among the different caves for the one containing the next clue box, Vân Thông.
- At Port Botany, each team member had to construct a wooden pallet. Unbeknownst to them, after constructing the pallets, each team member had to eat a slice of a Vegemite sandwich.
- From EastSail, each team had to navigate and steer a sailboat to Fort Denison.
- At Fort Denison, teams had to learn three different kinds of knots. After successfully learning the knots, they could run to the Pit Stop.
Leg 8 (Australia)
Airdate: 7 May 2012
- Sydney (Sydney Harbour Bridge)
- Sydney (Bondi Beach)
- Blue Mountains (Queens Road)
- Blue Mountains (Blue Mountains National Park)
- Blue Mountains (Blue Mountains National Park – Minni-Ha-Ha Falls)
- Blue Mountains (Braeside Road)
- Blue Mountains (Kings Tablelands)
- Blue Mountains (Marked Boomerang Area)
- Blue Mountains (Blue Mountains National Park – Pulpit Rock Lookout)
During the Pit Stop, teams were transported to the Sydney Harbour Bridge to begin Leg 8. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to transfer two snakes from one box to another box. The leg's Detour was a choice between Kort Opp (Slow Up) or Langt Ned (Far Down). In Kort Opp, teams had to rock climb a cliff. In Langt Ned, teams had to abseil down a higher cliff.
- Additional tasks
- At Bondi Beach, teams had to participate in a lifeguard relay. First, one team member had to paddle a surfboard out to a white marker and back. After that, he or she had to run up a ramp some distance away and back before tagging his or her teammate who would then do the same relay. Once both finished the relay, they received their next clue.
- At the Minni-Ha-Ha Falls, teams had to complete a puzzle that was missing two pieces that they had to search for before they could finish the puzzle and receive their next clue.
- At the marked boomerang area, each team member had to throw a boomerang that would land back into the circle they were in. If both team members were successful, they would receive their next clue.
- For being Handicapped, Tor Einar & Cathrine had to take a different path toward the Pit Stop to find and retrieve a tiny stuffed toy koala clipped to a metal pole by the presenter. They then had to return it to the presenter at the Pit Stop before they could check in.
Leg 9 (Australia)
Airdate: 9 May 2012
- Yarra Valley, Victoria (Maroondah Reservoir)
- Yering (Lilydale Airport – Melbourne SkyDive Centre)
- Coldstream (Rochford Winery)
- Melbourne (City Centre – ACDC Lane)
- Melbourne (City Centre – Old Melbourne Gaol)
- Melbourne (Hawthorn – Scotch College) or (North Melbourne – Aegis Park)
- Melbourne (Southbank – Eureka Tower (Outside))
- Melbourne (Southbank – Eureka Tower (Skydeck 88))
During the Pit Stop, teams were moved to the Blue Mountains at the Maroondah Reservoir to begin Leg 9. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to sky dive into the Rochford Winery where his or her team member waited.
The leg's Detour was a choice between Liten Ball (Small Ball) or Stor Ball (Big Ball). In Liten Ball, teams had to go to Scotch College and play a game of tennis and score two points. In Stor Ball, teams had to go to Aegis Park and score 3 goals in an Australian rules football course after getting bumped and tackled by a row of players.
- Additional tasks
- At the Rochford Winery, teams had to roll barrels across the vineyard, stack them and serve bottles of wine and food at the Rochford Restaurant before they received their next clue.
- At ACDC Lane, teams had to find a painting of The Scream hidden amongst the graffiti. They were instructed to trade it with an art handler, but were immediately "arrested". They were taken to court where they were "charged" for "stealing the painting" and were then locked up in the Old Melbourne Gaol. In their jail cell, they found a roll of paper with a riddle on it ("The prison guard would shout out twelve, the prisoner responded with 6 and was set free. The prison guard would then shout out six and the prisoner responded with 3 and was set free. The prison guard then shouted out ten and the next prisoner shouted out 5 and was hung" – what should the prisoner have shouted?). If they managed to solve the riddle (3), teams were set free and received their next clue. If they could not solve it, teams had to wait an hour before being set free.
- At the Eureka Tower, teams received a clue instructing them to climb all the way to the next Pit Stop on the 88th floor.
Leg 10 (Australia → Hong Kong, China)
Airdate: 14 May 2012
- Melbourne (Melbourne Airport) to Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong , China (Hong Kong International Airport)
- Wan Chai District (Golden Bauhinia Square)
- Central and Western District (Hong Kong Park)
- Central and Western District (Admiralty MTR Station – Citybus) to Southern District (Ocean Park Hong Kong)
- Southern District (Ocean Park Hong Kong – Panda Observatory)
- Southern District (Stanley Market – Stanley Main Street)
- Southern District (Stanley Main Beach)
- Wan Chai District (Times Square)
- Yau Tsim Mong District (Avenue of Stars – statue of Bruce Lee)
- Yau Tsim Mong District (Chinese Traditional Kung Fu Association)
- Yau Tsim Mong District (Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade)
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Rask Ball (Fast Ball) or Rask Mat (Fast Food). In Rask Ball, teams had to go to the Sports Centre of the park and score 10 points in a game of table tennis against a kid. In Rask Mat, teams had to go to the Olympic square of the park where both team member had to finish their plates of dim sum faster against a competitor. For being Handicapped, Kari & Bjørn had to do both Detour choices, one after the other.
In this Leg's Roadblock, one team member had to chop wooden planks using Kung fu moves. Once they chop enough planks they would receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- Upon arrival at Ocean Park Hong Kong, teams had to find their next cluebox which was located inside the Panda Observatory #2.
- At the Stanley Market, teams had to build a pyramid-puzzle from a sample they could only look from afar.
- At Stanley's Beach, teams had to paddle a dragon boat in a race around a marked course.
- At Times Square, teams had to find a poster featuring the presenter posing for a typical Kung Fu action film, directing them to "Find Bruce Lee at the Avenue of Stars".
Leg 11 (Hong Kong, China → Macau, China)
Airdate: 21 May 2012
- Sheung Wan, Central and Western District (Hong Kong – Macau Ferry Terminal) to Macau Peninsula, Macau (Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal)
- Macau Peninsula (Macau Tower – Observation Deck)
- Macau Peninsula (Macau Tower – Skywalk X)
- Macau Peninsula (Ruins of St. Paul's Cathedral or Senado Square)
- Macau Peninsula (Senado Square)
- Macau Peninsula (Senado Square – Restaurant)
- Coloane (A-Ma Cultural Village)
- Coloane (A-Ma Statue)
In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to skydive 233 metres (764 ft) from the Macau Tower.
In this leg's Detour, teams had to choose between Pensler (Brushes) or Pinner (Sticks). In Pensler, teams had to travel to the Ruins of St. Paul where they had to learn to write "The Amazing Race" in Chinese characters using a brush. In Pinner, teams had to travel to the Senado Square where they had to transfer noodles, beans, and tofu to new plates using chopsticks.
- Additional tasks
- At the Macau Tower's Skywalk X, teams had to retrieve their next clue dangling in the air.
- At the Senado Square, teams had to count the number of Chinese lanterns hanging in the area (157), before receiving their next clue
- At a restaurant in Senado Square, teams had to put back together a cut up roast pig.
- At the A-Ma Cultural Village, teams had to make several Portuguese egg tarts called Pastéis de Nata, before receiving their next clue.
- Before Proceeding to the Pit Stop at the A-Ma Statue, teams had to light and bring a candle from the A-Ma Temple without the flame getting snuffed out. If the flame snuffs out, teams would have to go back to the temple and re-light the candle. For being Handicapped, Kari & Bjørn had to bring two candles instead of one.
Leg 12 (Macau, China → Kazakhstan)
Airdate: 28 May 2012
- Macau Peninsula (Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal) to Central and Western District, Hong Kong (Hong Kong – Macau Ferry Terminal)
- Chep Lap Kok (Hong Kong International Airport) to Almaty, Kazakhstan (Almaty International Airport)
- Almaty (Rahat Chocolate Factory)
- Almaty (Almaty Sports Centre)
- Almaty (Kok Tobe Park – The Beatles Statue)
- Almaty (Luxor Hall)
- Almaty (Chimbulak Ski Resort)
- Almaty (Green Bazar)
- Almaty (Panfilov Park)
In this leg's Detour teams had to choose between Hoppe 300 Meter (Jump 300 Metres) or Løfte 10 000 kg (Lift 10,000 kg). In Hoppe 300 Meter, teams had to jump off diving boards adding up to 300 metres (980 ft). In Løfte 10 000 kg, teams had to lift a total of 10 tonnes in a deadlift exercise. In this leg's Roadblock, one team member had to search for their next clue hanging among envelopes marked "The Amazing Fake Norge" on several trees while having snowballs thrown at them.
- Additional tasks
- At the Rahat Chocolate Factory, teams had to find the next clue hidden inside the wrapper of among 1,500 pieces of chocolate. They had to eat every chocolate they opened while looking for the clue.
- At the Luxor Hall, teams had to throw 15 curling stones into a goal to get their next clue.
- At the Chimbulak Ski Resort, teams had to perform a rescue on the slopes before receiving their next clue.
- At the Green Bazar, teams had to buy foods that were used in local dishes and had to eat them after the dish was made.
Leg 13 (Kazakhstan → Norway)
Airdate: 30 May 2012
- Almaty (Almaty International Airport) to Oslo, Norway (Oslo Airport, Gardermoen)
- Oslo (Oslo City)
- Oslo (TV 2 Studios)
- Oslo (Assembly Task)
- Holmenkollen (Holmenkollen National Arena)
- Holmenkollen (Holmenkollbakken)
In the Final Roadblock of the race, located at Holmenkollen National Arena, one team member had to do a winter biathlon. First they had to ski 1 km in a lap, then they had to do rifle shooting and hit 5 targets. If the team misses a target, they would have to ski 150 metres for each miss. After doing two rounds, teams would receive their next clue.
- Additional tasks
- At the Oslo City, teams had to look for a sign with two weather forecasters that would instruct them to go look for them at TV 2's studios.
- At the studio of TV 2, teams had to correctly give out a weather forecast in which one team member would read out a forecast while his/her team member pointed out the cities mentioned on a weather map. If teams incorrectly identify any of the cities, they would be given a map and would have to locate these cities before starting over.
- After visiting the studio of TV 2, teams had to deliver wood to three addresses and assemble an IKEA shelf at the last one.
- At the top of the Holmenkollbakken, teams had to arrange photographs of different items found on the race in chronological order, once they have completed this challenge, the first team to finish may ride a zip line down to the Finish Line.
- "Freddy dos Santos leder Norges største realitysatsing". Archived from the original on 2012-03-31. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Du kan bli med på en eventyrlig reise". Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Dette er "Amazing Race Norge"-deltagerne". Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Dette er reglene i "The Amazing Race" – Showbiz, kjendiser, blogger, spill og moro". Tv2.no. Retrieved 2012-07-01.