|Motto||Graduate School for Global Leaders|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
GlobalNxt University (formerly Universitas 21 Global or U21Global, and Global e-University) is a Malaysia-based Online Graduate School owned by Manipal Global Education. As of January 2013, U21Global had over 9,000 students from 72 countries.
U21Global was formed in June 2001 in Singapore as a Joint Venture between Universitas 21 and Thomson Learning (which later became Cengage Learning). In late 2007, Cengage Learning sold its entire 50% in U21Global share to Mauritius-based Manipal Universal Learning International for an undisclosed sum. In 2010, the Universitas 21 shareholding was diluted to 25 per cent, with only 10 universities continuing to hold equity. In 2013, U21Global was restructured and rebranded as GlobalNxt University, with its offices now based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Mostly targeted towards working adults, the education model is an all-online model. Coursework is completed entirely in electronic form. The learning model includes groups of small teams (called course teams) which participate in online discussions using the WebCT Learning System software. Course delivery is also done through online meeting tools and webinars.
Final exams for courses are not in the traditional question-answer format. It is an "Open-Book, Open-Web" exam. Each participant in a course team is given a unique case study to work on. After the case study is downloaded, students are asked to upload their responses within a specified period of time. Students are required to study the case in detail and come up with their solution.
Awards and recognitions
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Awarded the 2004 Computerworld Honors Laureate - Nominated for the 21st Century Achievement Award in the Education & Academia category. U21Global is the only Singapore company to be named a 2004 Computerworld Honors Laureate.
- Awarded the e50.startup 2004 - This award is organized by Accenture and The Business Times Singapore, and supported by the Economic Development Board (EDB) and International Enterprise (IE) Singapore.
- "Asia's Newest University Launches Online". Digital Quadrant. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Trounson, Andrew (2009-12-08). "Melbourne University Retreats from Lacklustre U21 Global". The Australian. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Trounson, Andrew (2010-01-27). "Manipal to Control U21Global". The Australian. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "GlobalNxt University, Asia's Newest University, Launches as Interest in Online Education Reaches New Highs". Thomson Reuters. 2013-01-03. Retrieved 2013-09-18.