User talk:Kleinzach/Archive 36
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 35||Archive 36||Archive 37|
- 1 Là ci darem la mano
- 2 Olivier Messiaen
- 3 Kos
- 4 Considering coming out of retirement
- 5 WikiProject Classical Music, Composition Task Force Revival
- 6 Thanks for your efforts!
- 7 Mary Garden
- 8 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Miss Multiverse (2nd nomination)
- 9 Hello again!
- 10 Boulevard du Crime
- 11 Disambiguation link notification for July 26
- 12 History sometimes does repeat itself, sort of.
- 13 Category:Classical music articles by quality
- 14 File source problem with File:ODP LOGO wiki.jpg
- 15 Who was Jules?
- 16 Invitation to a virtual editathon on Women in Music
Hello. You reverted my edit (concerning the title's translation) without offering an explanation or contributing to the ongoing discussion in the Talk Page. Wikipedia would be interested in knowing your opinion on the topic. Perhaps your proposed translation is superior to the one I offered. I proposed a metrical translation that conveys the same meaning as the rudimental literal one, and I offered a supporting external reference from another translator. --Majorbolz (talk) 22:06, 9 September 2013 (UTC)
I wonder if I can interest you, as a music expert and fellow admirer of our much-missed Smerus, in Wikipedia:Featured article review/Olivier Messiaen/archive2 where Smerus commented before his departure. He advised on whether the Messiaen FA should remain an FA; the question is still open and I think your input would be very helpful. Regards, Tim riley (talk) 14:16, 18 October 2013 (UTC)
All Wikipedia articles are stand-alone. The notables in Kos are indeed, notable. No disagreement. They need to be tied to Kos with a WP:RS which editors (or anybody else) does not have to exit the article to discover. Usually, the bio doesn't have reliable cites for residency either. WP:CHALLENGE covers this, I think. Thanks. Student7 (talk) 21:54, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
Considering coming out of retirement
Hello - you may remember me from about 5 years ago as someone who used to do a bit of translation. I'm thinking of coming out of Wiki-retirement, but only really to keep my translating hand in. The Opera Project doesn't seem to have a "these articles need translating" list any more - got any suggestions for where I might start? Thanks!! (and hope all has been well in the meantime). Cheers Cricketgirl (talk) 22:40, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
WikiProject Classical Music, Composition Task Force Revival
Hello, I'm Tal Brenev. I've recently left a message at Wikipedia Talk:WikiProject Classical music/Compositions task force, in an attempt to revive the WikiProject. I will try to send a message to everyone on the list of participants, so as to get more suggestions and/or ideas. If you would like to participate, leave a message at the WikiProject Talk Page, or on my talk page. Thanks! ---Tal Brenev (talk) 22:41, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for your efforts!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Your name came up on a Wikipediocracy thread about solid content writers who don't get the credit they deserve and I just wanted to drop by and do a little of that. Thanks for your work on behalf of The Project! Carrite (talk) 15:22, 31 March 2014 (UTC)|
I am sitting here with Mary Garden's Great Nephew who says that she didn't go to the US until she was older than 16, not as a child. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:00, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
Boulevard du Crime
Hello Klenzach - It has been a while! I recently noticed a lovely painting which was added to the French version of my article Boulevard du Crime. I decided to add it to the English version. It required a little bit of cleanup and additional linking. If you have time, could you be so kind as to take a look at it (the caption, mainly) and tell me if I got the details right.
I see that you are still quite active in WP, as am I. Kudus for your article Vienna Philharmonic discography. I have several of their recordings. Incidentally, I am about to translate a couple of articles for the French Wikipedia (mainly mathematics). See the explanation on my French home page --Foobarnix (talk) 17:10, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Mount Ling (Beijing), you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages Tits and Flycatchers (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
History sometimes does repeat itself, sort of.
- Thanks, but I am having a little difficulty remembering what this is all about! Kleinzach 11:11, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
- You voted in an MfD (for a user's subpage) in 2012, but there was no consensus at the time. Now that user's page itself has come up in MfD (the user himself having been blocked in 2012) I thought that, just possibly, those who participated in the prior discussion might want to participate in round 2. Or not. In any case, there were just a few of you so I dropped notes on the talk pages of everyone involved (for or against, last time). The original discussion can be found in the first link in my prior comment to you (the word 'this') and the current one can be found in the link labeled 'this nomination at MfD'. If this process doesn't interest you any longer, or you otherwise don't wish to participate, that's perfectly fine, of course. Etamni | ✉ | ✓ 08:43, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
Category:Classical music articles by quality
Category:Classical music articles by quality, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. Ricky81682 (talk) 11:58, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
File source problem with File:ODP LOGO wiki.jpg
If the necessary information is not added within the next days, the image will be deleted. If the file is already gone, you can still make a request for undeletion and ask for a chance to fix the problem.
Please refer to the image use policy to learn what images you can or cannot upload on Wikipedia. Please also check any other files you have uploaded to make sure they are correctly tagged. Here is a list of your uploads. If you have any questions or are in need of assistance please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. Sfan00 IMG (talk) 16:49, 26 October 2015 (UTC)
Who was Jules?
- Mhh, that seems like an error to me. Is that the only source? — Sebastian 14:14, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
- "Wikipedia is based on sources" – of course, that's why I'm asking. If you've been around for a while then you also know that that source hardly meets the applicable standard, WP:RS. But since it has been in the article unquestioned for a while, I guess it's OK to stay. Still, at least the source you found it in should be added, which I just did. — Sebastian 04:13, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to a virtual editathon on Women in Music
|Women in Music|