Yo (Excuse Me Miss)
|"Yo (Excuse Me Miss)"|
|Single by Chris Brown|
|from the album Chris Brown|
|Producer(s)||Dre & Vidal|
|Chris Brown singles chronology|
"Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" is a song recorded by American singer Chris Brown. It served as the second single from Brown's debut album Chris Brown (2005) and was released in November 2005 in the US and February 2006 worldwide. "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)", produced by Dre & Vidal, became Brown's second top ten single in the United States, peaking at number seven on the US Billboard Hot 100.
It features Dre (André Merit) who sings the chorus' background vocals.
This song has appeared on the videogame Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party.
In the music video, directed by Erik White, it features model and former Love and Hiphop star Erica Mena as a girl Brown sees that catches his attention. He then follows the girls while dancing. After arriving at a basketball court, he begins to dance with two other guys. Brown then gets inside a car with the girl and sings to her. They get close, then she gives him her phone to put his number in. He soon dances on a car and at the end of the video he begins to dance with a crowd of people. The video features the first verse of "Gimme That" at the end. Lil' JJ, Trey Songz, and DeRay Davis make cameo appearances in the video. The video made a reference to Michael Jackson's 1987 hit single "The Way You Make Me Feel".
On April 1, 2006, Chris Brown performed "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" at the 2006 Kids' Choice Awards as part of a musical duel with rapper Bow Wow inspired by the 1986 Run-D.M.C. music video "Walk This Way".
Yo (Excuse Me Miss) peaked at number seven on the US Billboard Hot 100 on February 18, 2006. This became Brown's second top-ten song on the chart. The song spent a total of 21 weeks on the chart. The single was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales of over a million copies in the United States. In other countries, the song reached number thirteen in the United Kingdom and number ten in Australia.
- Yo (Excuse Me Miss) [DJ Dime Remix]
- Yo (Excuse Me Miss) [Remix] (featuring Busta Rhymes & Labba)
- Yo (Excuse Me Miss) [Remix] (featuring Red Cafe)
- Yo (Excuse Me Miss) [Mixtape Mix] (featuring Jay-Z & Pharrell)
- Yo (Excuse Me Miss) [South Rakkas Reggaeton Mix]
- Yo (Excuse Me Miss) [Johnny Douglas Remix]
- Beluga Highets signed singer Auburn did her own version using the beat and called "No"
- Yo (Excuse Me Miss) [ Jacquees remix]
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||6|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||6|
|European Hot 100 Singles||43|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||14|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||56|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||67|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||9|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||34|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||13|
|US Billboard Hot 100||7|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||13|
|US Rhythmic (Billboard)||2|
|Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)||Platinum||100,000*|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||200,000|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
|United States (RIAA)
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Moss, Corey (April 3, 2006). "Will Smith Issues A Warning, Timberlake Thanks His Butt At Kids' Choice Awards". MTV. Viacom. Retrieved May 26, 2015.
- "Australian-charts.com – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Ultratop.be – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Billboard Legacy". Billboard.
- "Chris Brown: Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Chart Track: Week 17, 2006". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Charts.nz – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)". Top 40 Singles.
- "Swisscharts.com – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Chris Brown Ft Juelz Santana: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Chris Brown Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard.
- "Brazilian single certifications – Chris Brown" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos.
- "British single certifications – Chris Brown". British Phonographic Industry. Select singles in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Type Chris Brown in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American single certifications – Chris Brown – Yo (Excuse Me Miss)". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
|This 2000s pop single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|