From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1318.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1280s 1290s 1300s – 1310s – 1320s 1330s 1340s|
|Years:||1315 1316 1317 – 1318 – 1319 1320 1321|
|1318 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1318 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2071|
|Bahá'í calendar||−526 – −525|
|English Regnal year||11 Edw. 2 – 12 Edw. 2|
|Chinese calendar||丁巳年 (Fire Snake)
4014 or 3954
— to —
戊午年 (Earth Horse)
4015 or 3955
|- Vikram Samvat||1374–1375|
|- Shaka Samvat||1240–1241|
|- Kali Yuga||4419–4420|
|Japanese calendar||Bunpō 2
|Minguo calendar||594 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1861|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1318.|
- March – King Birger of Sweden is deposed and is forced to flee to Denmark. (alternative date is April)
- April 1 – Berwick-upon-Tweed is retaken by the Scottish from the English.
- April – The inhabitants of Benevento, Italy rise against the pope and demand some political autonomy. The rebellion is crushed by William of Frejus and the archbishop of Naples.
- May 11 – Battle of Dysert O'Dea: The Irish armies of Conor O'Dea defeat the Hiberno-Normans under Richard de Clare.
- June 27 – Mats Kettilmundsson is appointed regent (rikshövitsman) of Sweden, in the absence of a Swedish king.
- October 14 – Battle of Faughart: a Hiberno-Norman force defeats a Scots-Irish army commanded by Edward Bruce (who is killed in the battle), ending the Bruce campaign in Ireland.
- Emperor Go-Daigo succeeds Emperor Hanazono on the throne of Japan.
- Pope John XXII declares the doctrines of the Franciscans advocating ecclesiastical poverty erroneous.
- Disease hits cattle and sheep, reducing the herds and flocks in Europe.
- Qala'un Mosque, Cairo, Egypt is founded by Al-Nasr Muhammad.
- June 8 – Eleanor of Woodstock, eldest daughter of King Edward II of England (d. 1355)
- September 11 – Eleanor of Lancaster (d. 1372)
- date unknown – Margarete Maultasch, Countess of Tyrol (d. 1369)
- February 16
- October 14 – Edward Bruce, High King of Ireland (b. 1275)
- November 22 – Mikhail Yaroslavich, Russian prince (b. 1271)
- date unknown
- Uginet, F. (1968). "La vie à l'abbaye de Sainte-Sophie de Bénévent dans la première moitié du XIVe siècle". Mélanges d'archéologie et d'histoire. 80 (2): 681–704.