May 29, 1981
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Dress size||4 (US); 34 (EU)|
Fernanda Motta (born in Campos dos Goytacazes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on May 29, 1981) is a Brazilian model, actress, and television host. She is the host of the reality TV show Brazil's Next Top Model, the Brazilian version of the show, created by Tyra Banks.
Motta was born and grew up in Campos dos Goytacazes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The youngest child of a large extended family, Motta was discovered on Guarapari Beach, just north of Rio de Janeiro at the age of 16 by a talent scout.
Motta has appeared on the covers of numerous magazines around the world, including Vogue, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, and Glamour. Her advertisements include Rolex, Palmolive, Cori[disambiguation needed], Pantene, and Moët & Chandon, and she has walked for Cia Marítima, Gucci, and Chanel. She has appeared in four editions of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, most recently in 2007. In 2005, she ranked 19th in the "Top 25 Sexiest Models" list by "Models.com". She is signed to Chic Management in Sydney, Australia and to Elite Model Management in New York City. She currently lives in New York.
Brazil's Next Top Model
In 2007, Motta was chosen to be the host of the Brazil's Next Top Model. In order to accept the job, Motta, who lives in New York City, USA, reportedly cancelled most of her agenda so that she could stay in the country for two months straight.
Motta also was a guest judge on the episode "The Amazing Model Race" from America's Next Top Model, Cycle 12, when the final six contestants arrived in São Paulo, Brazil. She also appeared in a Rosa Chá swimsuit fashion show on the final episode "America's Next Top Model Is...", in the same season.
|2001||Sólo por Hoy||Just for Today (English Title)|
|2005||Yes, Dear||Attractive Woman||TV Series
|2006||Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit 2006||Model||TV|
|2007||Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit 2007||Model||TV|
|2007–2009||Brazil's Next Top Model||Host||Reality TV Series (All Episodes)|
|2008||Hebe||Guest Star||Talk Show (in Brazil)|
|2009||America's Next Top Model||Guest Judge||Reality TV Series (2 Episodes)
- "Fernanda Motta estampa capa da RG Vogue" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Fernanda Motta estrala campanha da Cori" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Fernanda Motta e Fiorella Matheis no desfile da Cia. Marítima na SPFW and has got a lucrative contract with Lingerie-Brand Victoria's Secret" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "As 10 modelos mais bem pagas do Brasil" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Modelo Fernanda Motta será a apresentadora do "Barzil's Next Top Model"" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Vem aí a nova top model brasileira" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "Fernanda Motta participa do programa "America’s Next Top Model"" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- Fernanda Motta at the Fashion Model Directory
- Fernanda Motta at the Internet Movie Database
- Fernanda Motta in the Top25 at Models.com
- Sports Illustrated - Fernanda Motta Swimsuit Collection
- Fernanda Motta Next Model Management