|Meaning||carry, how, what, why, where, which|
|Region of origin||China|
|Language(s) of origin||Chinese|
He or Ho is the Romanised transliteration of several Chinese family names. Of these family names, 何 (Pinyin: Hé) is the most common at 17th (14 million, according to 2012 survey) and 贺 (Traditional: 賀; Pinyin: Hè) is the second most common at 71st in the list of the top 100 most common Chinese family names. Other less common family names include 河 (Pinyin: Hé), 佫 (Pinyin: Hé), and 赫 (Pinyin: Hè).
In Vietnam and Korea, the equivalent surname is Hà or Ha. Not be confused with Hu surname in Vietnamese, it's literally called Hồ.
- Ho Feng Shan (何鳳山) was a Chinese diplomat who saved a large number of Jews during World War II, known as "China's Schindler"
- He Jifeng (何積豐) is a Chinese computer scientist
- He Kexin, Chinese gymnast
- He Meitian (何美钿), Hong Kong actress and former gymnast
- He Ping (何平) Chinese film director
- He Pingping (何平平), one of the world's smallest men, from Inner Mongolia
- He Qifang (何其芳) a Chinese poet and essayist
- He, Qiu Xia (何秋霞) is a Chinese pipa player
- He Xuntian is a modern Chinese composer, famous his compositions for Dadawa
- He Ying (何影) is an athlete/archer from the People's Republic of China.
- He Yingqin (何應欽) was one of the senior generals of Kuomintang in during Republican China, and ally of Chiang Kai-shek
- He Yong (何勇) Chinese rock musician
- He Zhi Wen (何誌文) is a Sino-Spanish male table tennis player.
- He Zhuoyan (何琢言), Chinese actress and singer
- He Depu (何德普) dissident in the People's Republic of China
- He Jingtao (何惊涛）Chinese TV show announcer and entertainer
- Ho, Albert (何俊仁) solicitor and a member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong, is currently the secretary general of the Hong Kong Alliance in Support of Patriotic Democratic Movements in China and the vice-chairman of the Democratic Party (Hong Kong).
- Ho Ching (何晶) is the executive director of Temasek Holdings and wife of Singapore prime minister Lee Hsien Loong
- Ho, Cyd (何秀蘭) founding member of The Frontier, a local pro-democracy political group.member of Legislative Council from 2000 to 2004
- Ho, David (何大一) Chinese American AIDS researcher famous for the use of protease inhibitors in treating HIV infected patients
- Ho, Dennis, a Filipino actor known by his stage name Dennis Trillo
- Ho, Felix (何斐然) Belgium dog behaviorist, dog trainer
- Ho, Denise (何韻詩) Hong Kong singer, actress
- Ho, Don (何大來) Hawaiian musician and entertainer
- Ho, Edmund (何厚鏵) Chief Executive of the Macau Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China
- Ho Fuk Yan (何福仁) teacher, Chinese language author and poet in Hong Kong
- Ho, Godfrey Hong Kong-based movie director best known for his "Ninja" films
- Ho, Hoku American musician and actress
- Ho, Josie (何超儀) singer and actress from Hong Kong
- Ho, Mae-Wan, born in Hong Kong, is a reader in genetics and biophysics in the United Kingdom
- Ho Ping (何平) Taiwanese film director
- Hotung, Robert (formerly Ho, Tung何東) famous businessman and philanthropist in Hong Kong
- Ho, Stanley (何鴻燊) entrepreneur in Hong Kong and gambling magnate Macau.
Notable people with family name 贺/賀
- He Long
- He Weifang
- He Zizhen
- He Junxiang
- He Datian (贺大田) a famous Chinese painter, his paintings has been collected by the Olympic committee, famous actors, and politicians.
- "China's Surnames". Cdn.theatlantic.com. Retrieved 2013-11-05.