Lincroft, New Jersey
|Lincroft, New Jersey|
|• Total||5.799 sq mi (15.019 km2)|
|• Land||5.580 sq mi (14.452 km2)|
|• Water||0.219 sq mi (0.567 km2) 3.78%|
|Elevation||64 ft (14 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||1,099.5/sq mi (424.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||2390072|
Lincroft is a census-designated place and unincorporated community within Middletown Township, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 6,135.
Lincroft is located at United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 5.799 square miles (15.019 km2), of which, 5.580 square miles (14.452 km2) of it is land and 0.219 square miles (0.567 km2) of it (3.78%) is water.(40.335293,-74.132838). According to the
2090-2010 2000 2010
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 6,135 people, 2,102 households, and 1,675 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,099.5 inhabitants per square mile (424.5 /km2). There were 2,159 housing units at an average density of 386.9 per square mile (149.4 /km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 94.77% (5,814) White, 0.52% (32) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 3.26% (200) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.23% (14) from other races, and 1.22% (75) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.55% (218) of the population.
There were 2,102 households of which 39.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.4% were married couples living together, 6.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.3% were non-families. 18.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.89 and the average family size was 3.29.
In the CDP, 26.7% of the population were under the age of 18, 5.5% from 18 to 24, 19.1% from 25 to 44, 31.8% from 45 to 64, and 16.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44.2 years. For every 100 females there were 93.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.3 males.
As of the 2000 United States Census there were 6,255 people, 2,121 households, and 1,718 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,113.0 people per square mile (429.7/km2). There were 2,160 housing units at an average density of 384.3/sq mi (148.4/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 93.11% White, 0.83% African American, 0.08% Native American, 4.52% Asian, 0.66% from other races, and 0.80% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.54% of the population.
There were 2,121 households out of which 41.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 73.8% were married couples living together, 5.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.0% were non-families. 17.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.91 and the average family size was 3.31.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 28.1% under the age of 18, 5.2% from 18 to 24, 25.4% from 25 to 44, 27.6% from 45 to 64, and 13.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 97.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $94,199, and the median income for a family was $104,972. Males had a median income of $79,177 versus $41,875 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $37,910. About 3.0% of families and 5.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.5% of those under age 18 and 14.0% of those age 65 or over.
Lincroft is home to several schools, including:
- Oak Hill Academy, a private, nonsectarian elementary school (K-8)
- Brookdale Community College, the community college of Monmouth County
- High Technology High School, a vocational school situated on the Brookdale Campus
- St. Leo the Great School, a private Catholic elementary school (K-8) operated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Trenton.
- Christian Brothers Academy is an all-boys College preparatory school with a focus on Christian education run by the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools
- Lincroft Elementary School, a public K-5 elementary school operating under Middletown Township Public School District
- Sebastian Bach (born 1968), hard rock singer
- Bob Tucker (born 1945), former football player.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lincroft Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. AccessedJune 28, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Lincroft CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 28, 2012.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Lincroft, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed June 28, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 28, 2012.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed December 16, 2012.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed December 16, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: 2000 from the Census 2000 Summary File 1 (SF 1) 100-Percent Data for Lincroft CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed December 16, 2012.
- School Directory, Roman Catholic Diocese of Trenton. Accessed June 28, 2012.
- Monmouth County Bus / Rail Connections, New Jersey Transit, backed up by the Internet Archive as of July 26, 2010. Accessed August 8, 2012.
- "David Bierk", The New York Times, Saturday, September 7, 2002. Accessed April 15, 2010. "He is survived by his wife, Liz; eight children, Sebastian Bach of Lincroft, New Jersey, the former lead singer for the rock group Skid Row...."
- Harvin, Al. "An Offseason Game; New Jersey Sports", The New York Times, January 12, 1973. Accessed November 16, 2008. "Some of the other Jersey residents on the team, according to Davis, are Bob Tucker, the New York Giants' tight end from Lincroft; Phil Villapiano, Oakland Raider linebacker from Ocean Township, and Ron Johnson, Giant running back, now a resident of Fort Lee."