List of district-level subdivisions in Vietnam
This is a list of district-level subdivisions (đơn vị hành chính cấp huyện) of Vietnam as of October 11, 2007. This level includes: district-level cities (thành phố trực thuộc tỉnh), towns (thị xã), rural districts (huyện) and urban districts (quận). These subdivisions are further divided into communes (xã) in rural areas (subdivisions under huyện, suburbans of towns and quận) and ward (phường) (subdivisions under cities and towns) in urban areas, and townlets (thị trấn). Municipalities in this district-level are classified into 5 classes (from 1st to 3rd class municipalities are cities, 4th class ones are towns, 5th class ones are townlets).
- 1st class municipalities (Huế only), while other 1st class municipalities are provincial-level cities (municipalities) (Hai Phong, Da Nang, Can Tho).
- 2nd class municipalities (such as: Viet Tri, Ha Long, Thai Nguyen, Nam Dinh, Vinh, Thanh Hoa City, Quy Nhon, Buon Me Thuot, Da Lat, Vung Tau, My Tho, Long Xuyen)
- 3rd class municipalities (such as: Bac Ninh, Yen Bai, Lang Son, Dien Bien Phu, Thai Binh, Hà Tĩnh, Dong Hoi, Tam Ky, Quang Ngai, Tuy Hoa, Pleiku, Phan Thiet, Tan An, Ca Mau (city), Soc Trang City, Cao Lanh, and others)
- 4th class municipalities (towns): Do Son, Uong Bi, Cam Pha, Song Cong, Bim Son, Sam Son, Hong Linh, Dong Ha, Hoi An, An Khe, Cam Ranh, Ayun Pa, Kontum, Phan Rang-Thap Cham, Ba Ria, Long Khanh, Thu Dau Mot, Tay Ninh, Go Cong, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Chau Doc, Ha Tien, Vi Thanh, Bao Loc, Gia Nghia, Dong Xoai, Vinh Long, Sa Dec, Nga Bay, and others)
- 5th class municipalities (townlets).
The district-level subdivisions are tabulated alphabetically:
- Codes of district-level subdivisions in Vietnam, 29 June 2004
- Codes and names of district-level subdivisions in Vietnam