|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
Aeroport de Menorca
Aeropuerto de Menorca
|IATA: MAH – ICAO: LEMH|
|Location||Mahón, Menorca, Spain|
|Elevation AMSL||92 m / 302 ft|
|Statistics (2011 – provisional)|
|Passenger change 10–11||2.6%|
|Movements change 10–11||−1.1%|
|Sources: Passenger Traffic, AENA
Spanish AIP, AENA
Menorca Airport or Mahón Airport (IATA: MAH, ICAO: LEMH; Catalan: Aeroport de Menorca, Spanish: Aeropuerto de Menorca) is the airport serving the Balearic island of Minorca in the Mediterranean Sea, near the coast of Spain. The airport, located 4.5 km (2.8 mi) southwest of Mahón, was opened on 24 March 1969 when all civilian services were transferred from the neighbouring San Luis Airport. It now has 16 gates linked by jetway to the main terminal building, and the airport provisionally handled 2,576,209 passengers in 2011.
On 14 September 2006 a partial roof collapse occurred in the new part of the terminal undergoing construction work. The collapse may have been caused by a build-up of heavy rain water. The debris temporarily trapped 20 and injured three workers.
A major refit of the Airport was finished before the start of the 2008 season.
Airlines and destinations
- air2b.com - Safe, comfortable Private Airport Transfers, serving all popular destinations in Menorca.
|Updated: 28 January 2012. 2011 data provisional.|
|Passengers||Aircraft movements||Cargo (tonnes)|
|Source: Aena Statistics|
- "Estadísticas – Aeropuertos Espańoles y Navegación Aérea". Aena.es. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Builders hurt in airport roof fall – Sep 14, 2006". CNN.com. 2006-09-14. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Jet2 Adds Mahon and Corfu Link from Manchester in S13 | Airline Route – Worldwide Airline Route Updates". Airlineroute.net. 2012-08-23. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "TUIfly Adds Cologne - Mahon Service from late-May 2015". Airline Route. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
Media related to Mahón Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (English) (Spanish)
- Accident history for MAH at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for LEMH at NOAA/NWS