Riphah International University
|Riphah International University|
|Chancellor||President of Pakistan|
Riphah International University (Riphah) is located at Islamabad, Pakistan. It was established on February 27, 2002 by the Islamic International Medical College Trust (IIMCT). The IIMCT was established in 1995 by Major General (R) Muhammad Zulfiqar Ali Khan and is a non-profit, non-political, non-sectarian welfare organization registered with the government of Pakistan. It is chartered by the Federal Government of Pakistan.
The President of Pakistan is the patron of Riphah International University, while Major General Mohammad Zulfiqar Ali Khan is the first and founding chancellor. A board of governors represents the Federal Government and the IIMCT. Currently no students' union is allowed in the university.
There are four campuses of university.
- Islamabad Main Campus (I-14, Hajj Complex)
- Islamabad City Campus (7th Avenue)
- Rawalpindi Campus (Al-Mizan)
- Lahore Main Campus, Raiwind Road, Lahore
- Lahore City Campus, Township, Lahore
- PSRD Campus, 111-Ferozpur Road, Lahore
- RAK (cods) UAE
- Faisalabad satiana road campus
The university consists of several colleges with undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programmes:
- Islamic International Dental College
- Islamic International Engineering College
- Islamic International Medical College
- Riphah College of Veterinary Sciences
- Riphah College of Rehabilitation Sciences
- Riphah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Riphah Institute of Media Sciences
- Riphah Center of Islamic Business
- Riphah Institute of Informatics
- Riphah School of Leadership
- Riphah Institute of Systems Engineering
- Faculty of Basic Sciences
- Riphah Institute of Public Policy
Quality Enhancement Cell
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) was established, in Riphah International University, in Oct 2009 by Higher Education Commission (HEC) with a mandate to monitor, quality of education, through, a well structured feedback mechanism. Since, its inception, QEC worked at high pace, created conducive environments to increase acceptability in the faculties towards QEC mechanism.
The primary objectives of QEC are.
1. To maintain and continuously enhance academic standards 2. To enhance student’s learning 3. To verify that the existing programs meet their objectives and institutional goals 4. To provide feedback for quality assurance of academic programs to the top management and HEC 5. To prepare the academic programs for review by discipline councils
Being declared one of the best Quality Enhancement Cells in Pakistan by the Higher Education Commission, it is a progressive and dynamic organization of Riphah International University which is moving at a faster pace to achieve distinctions in Quality Circles.
- Reference 1
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|