Dawood University of Engineering and Technology
|Dawood University of Engineering and Technology|
|Motto||dissemination of knowledge to all who wish to strive|
|Chancellor||Governor of Sindh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Faizullah Abbasi|
|Registrar||Ghulam Shabbir Bughio|
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Colours||Cyan, Black, White|
Established in 1962 as a public university, its initial financial endowment and foundation was supervised by Seth Ahmed Dawood of the Dawood Foundation in 1964. It is regarded as one of the oldest institution of higher learning in engineering and science, and offers undergraduate programmes in engineering and architecture. It is one of the notable institution in Karachi and secured its placed in "engineering category" by the HEC, as of 2010. The university is distinguished for its commitment and strong emphasis on energy science programmes and studies in architectural styles.
Dawood University of Engineering and Technology has two campus. Main campus where all engineering programs are conducted. Another campus is Iqbal campus where architect and planning program is conducted.
Faculties and departments
The university offers B.E degree programs. It has nine main departments:
- B.E Petroleum & Gas Engineering
- B.E Chemical Engineering
- B.E Electronics Engineering
- B.E Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E Computer System Engineering
- B.E Industrial engineering & management
- B.E Metallurgy & Material Engineering
- B.E Energy & Environment Engineering
- B.arch Architecture & Planning
Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering
|Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering|
|Motto||Leading To The Petroleum Future|
|Chairman||Bharat Kumar Harani|
Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering was established in 2011. This department intake its first batch in 2011 of 50 students.
At the moment Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering is not affiliated with PEC but hopeful to get its affiliation with PEC after its first batch pass out.
Department Of Petroleum & Gas Engineering will be establishing well oriented laboratories in the future where students can practice their practicals. However few laboratories are established where students performing their practicals and doing research work.
In the future the department will be affiliated with Society of Petroleum Engineers where students will get benefited through technical knowledge in the petroleum industries, exploration of oil & gas resources and getting opportunities to enhance their technical career.
Department Of Petroleum & Gas is also planning to issue its first magazine related to the petroleum world where students will get knowledge about the what is happening in the world of petroleum.
The main campus has adequate teaching and laboratory facilities for undergraduate programs leading to the degree of the Bachelor of Engineering in various disciplines. The Library has over 10,000 books, and internet connectivity is available. The largest auditorium has 600 seating capacity, and there is a student cafeteria.
The university offers scholarships for students securing top three positions in class.
The University also hosts sports events, Welcome Parties are also arranged and a book fair for new students to buy course books on discounted rates.
PEC-EVENT SEMINAR ON ENGINEER IN SOCIETY https://www.facebook.com/events/799563730073295/?ref=5
PROJECT AND POSTER PRESENTATION COMPETITION (MOPRAD Society) https://www.facebook.com/events/522686407845132/?ref=5
- NED University of Engineering and Technology
- Mehran University of Engineering and Technology
- List of Universities in Pakistan
- "Vice-Chancellor's Message". Vice-Chancellor's Message. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- "Administration". Dawood University of Engineering and Technology. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- Google. "Address and location of the DUET". Google maps inc. Google maps. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- About DUET. "About DUET". About DUET. About DUET. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- DUET Press. "University introduction". DUET. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "HEC Rankings". HEC Rankings. Retrieved 28 April 2014.