San Francisco Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
The San Francisco Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (San Francisco Bay NERR) is one of 27 reserves established as part of the United States National Estuarine Research Reserve System. It is a partnership between National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), San Francisco State University, California State Parks, Solano Land Trust, and the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission.
The San Francisco Bay NERR consists of two sites, the 2,070-acre (8.4 km2) Rush Ranch Open Space Preserve, which includes the northern margin of Suisun Marsh, and 1,640-acre (6.6 km2) China Camp State Park. The reserve is used to promote wetlands research, education, and stewardship.
- "San Francisco Bay NERR::Welcome!". Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "San Francisco Bay NERR::Reserve Sites". Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Homepage of the San Francisco Bay NERR
- Map of San Francisco Bay NERR
- Page about the San Francisco Bay NERR at the NOAA National Estuarine Research Reserve System website